Not Confirmed

You do understand that 99.999 repeating infinitely is exactly precisely equal to 100, don't you?

No it isn't. Did you skip math class a lot?

My mother was like...when they showed the baby "Is that Jon Snow?" she heard about R+L=J theory and then it continues to adult Jon. She was like "Yep same brooding, lost face" The baby got brown eyes to match it to Kit's. Emilia got green eyes while on the show she should've violet like all the Targaryens.

Yes they really focused on the eyes to hammer the point home.

I wonder if we'll get a bunch of Rhaegar backstory next season to try to make viewers care about him? Would be cool to see the tourney at Harrenhal, the Knight of the Laughing Tree, and all that.

I don't expect a lot of backstory, but they'll have to do something to explain why Jon is legitimate instead of the product of rape or just a bastard made out of wedlock. Fortunately it wouldn't take much to show Rhaegar and Lyanna basically eloped. They can't spend much time on the past though. There's still too much story ahead.

14 minutes ago, Vastet said:

I don't expect a lot of backstory, but they'll have to do something to explain why Jon is legitimate instead of the product of rape or just a bastard made out of wedlock. Fortunately it wouldn't take much to show Rhaegar and Lyanna basically eloped. They can't spend much time on the past though. There's still too much story ahead.

Says you. With the storylines wiped out in Cersei's coup, there's not much left. 

i. politicking and arse licking amongst the majority of the South after Dany lands [Sam gets pulled into this]

ii. Cersei vs. Jaime in King's Landing

iii. Jon rallying the remainder of the North in preparation of the Long Night. Littlefinger being a pain with Sansa vacillating between them. Bran and Meera

iiia. Arya, Sandor et the Brotherhood either whip the Riverlands into shape or head North

iv. Dany takes the capitol

v. The South joins up with the North-- total war vs the Others

All obviously peppered with character beats

I think there's lots of room for a few flashbacks and/or expositional conversations between those in the know. It's important, in my opinion, to eventually dispense with the kidnapped and raped narrative. 

8 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Says you. With the storylines wiped out in Cersei's coup, there's not much left. 

i. politicking and arse licking amongst the majority of the South after Dany lands [Sam gets pulled into this]

ii. Cersei vs. Jaime in King's Landing

iii. Jon rallying the remainder of the North in preparation of the Long Night. Littlefinger being a pain with Sansa vacillating between them

iiia. Arya, Sandor et the Brotherhood either whip the Riverlands into shape or head North

iv. Dany takes the capitol

v. The South joins up with the North-- total war

All obviously peppered with character beats

I think there's lots of room for a few flashbacks and/or expositional conversations between those in the know. It's important, in my opinion, to eventually dispense with the kidnapped and raped narrative. 

Bran's important. All his visions were important towards NK and white walkers plot somehow. Hodor held the door so that wights so that Bran can make it safely out of the cave, origins of white walkers and now Jon. I suspect he'll show us more footage and perhaps try to reach Howland Reed and as a witness. Thy can borrow Littlefinger's jetpack. Together they can convince Jon of it.

2 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Bran's important. All his visions were important towards NK and white walkers plot somehow. Hodor hold the door so that army of the dead can be held off, origins of white walkers and now Jon. I suspect he'll show us more footage and perhaps try to reach Howland Reed and as a witness. Together they can convince Jon of it.

Yeah, previously tweaked it. :P

There's enough that Jon can't casually stroll into KL and sit on the throne.

Thank you very much, I’ve taken graduate courses in math; have you?  It appears not, because you’re wrong: 0.999.... is exactly 1. Please read the proofs. It is not subject to opinion. 

False. Every word of it.

18 minutes ago, Vastet said:

False. Every word of it.

Haha. Heinlein was right:

“Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best, he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear his shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.”

6 hours ago, JEORDHl said:

Here's a scene I've always imagined:

The knight pulled his horse up abruptly and made a slow turn, eyeing the ground. He had split from his companions only a little earlier, all riding in different directions, but in truth his heart was no longer in the search.

The great feast would commence shortly and the knight knew he should return. It would take some time getting back, yet he wished to delay the disappointment of his father as much as the contemplation of his own. And since he was being honest with himself, it was beautiful here. A welcome distraction from the sad testament of both the ruins that stood as backdrop to the tourney, and the opportunity missed due to his father's surprising arrival.

Was a parallel, there, yet this too he avoided.

Alongside the yellow gorse and cattails that lined the shore, the knight swatted absently at a dragonfly and slowed his horse to a walk. As he noted the russets and reds that crowned the small isle out toward the center of the lake, the knight thought one might very well think it the gentle fall of autumn. This was not the case, but it served to remind who his father bid they find— and so, as the sun neared the horizon it was only a small surprise when a silhouette stepped out from behind a tree further ahead.

He stopped, watching the figure carry a heavy armload down to the shore and start throwing items into the water. Done, the figure turned and started at seeing him, then ran back up toward the small copse of trees. Bemused, the knight spurred his horse. 

It was a young woman. She nudged something with the toe of her boot behind one of the trees, then made to lead her horse out of the stand.  

The knight pulled up, surprised when he recognized her. “Apologies, my Lady.”

Cheeks flushed, she brushed an errant lock of dark hair from her brow and gave an embarrassed laugh that he found charming. “Damn you,” she chuckled, then dipped a curtsy. “My Prince.”

He dismounted with a half-smile, and keeping an eye on her circled the rowan tree. On the ground there amidst the red berries fallen, a leathern shield leaned against the trunk. It was his turn to laugh when he saw its sigil, yet for some reason the painted and smiling tree seemed bittersweet.

The knighted Prince undid his sword belt and put them beside her shield, then from the saddlebag behind his winged helm he withdrew a harp as silver as his hair. He made a study of their surroundings. The sun was almost set.

“A night such as this,” he mused, brow arched, “should have a song.”

“Oh, should she?” A smile played about her lips. Its wings stirring fitfully beneath her finger, she traced the back of a dragonfly that had chosen the rowan as a place to rest. The Prince did not wonder over that hand couching a lance, yet in defense of a crannogman's honor? The thought warmed him. 

So there in the heather, before the gorse and cattails the Wolf Maid sat. And as the Dragon Prince composed a song just for her, the God's Eye wept.   

~*~

I've often wondered what happened at Harrenhall during the span between Aerys' demand that Rhaegar find the Mystery Knight and the end of the tourney. No, the show did not remark upon that particular part of the story [The Knight of the Laughing Tree] yet it did make a point of highlighting Rhaeger's bypassing of his lady wife to lay the crown of winter roses upon Lyanna's lap. What possibly could've inspired him to do that? A sad omission, but maybe we'll see it yet. Bran and Meera have a ways to go to Winterfell, after all.  

As to a Targaryen being proof against fire-- in the novels it was a one time deal tied to the sacrifice and blood magic that saw the dragons born, a mother of dragons thing. Otherwise it's a mechanic of the show, yet if they'd made Jon immune to fire as well the game would've been over, right.

WOW! It's so dusty in here. I love that so much.

I honestly think we'll get a scene very much like that - no one has yet said how Rhaegar's singing made the Wolf Girl cry, then the end of the Tourney, Jamie being knighted, Lyanna slipping out of Winterfell to meet Rhaegar and run away, and another wedding in front of a weirwood, (which will make no one ever want to have that wedding because DEAD.) Even with the Kingsguard fighting to the death, AND now we know he's a TARGARYEN (not a SandFlower?) - people still need it spelled out that Jon is legit, and not a bastard - hence that infographic because no one knows how Mystery stories work anymore? Hansel & Gretel? Anyone? Bread......crumbs....... dots-connecting..... anything? No?

Book and Show Dany are fireproof. It wasn't a one-time thing. When she flies out of the Pit, she steps into Drogon's fire stream, and she mounts him naked and bald, but the rest of her is unharmed. 

Jon burned his hand saving Lord Commander Mormont from the wight. I think he can likely freeze to death too. But don't forget - BookJon is a warg.

On June 27, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Banner Without Brothers said:

Are you a show only viewer? If not it may be time for a re-read.

It appears you're the one who hasn't read the books as in the books there are no clues pointing to Dany being anybody else but Aerys and Rhaella's child. All the theories proclaiming otherwise is tinfoil. As for her being Rhaegar and Lyanna's child, that's downright ludicruous based on book information.   

4 hours ago, JEORDHl said:

Thanks.

And yup, no way those two weren't mad for each other. The tragedy following the tourney at Harrenhall rivals that of Summerhall, I suspect. I truly hope we get to see more.

The bigger question becomes - do we show them now, or do we hold all of that for a prequel series? (I want both please.)

On 6/28/2016 at 8:31 AM, the Greenleif Stark said:

A true born child of Cat and Ned Stark, born in WInterfell or a bastard born in the South?"(hint at Littlefinger knowing about Jon?)

No, that's part of the given backstory to Jon. So, he believes the lie. Which is unusual, because usually he has a strong grasp on the truth of things.

16 minutes ago, Millimidget said:

No, that's part of the given backstory to Jon. So, he believes the lie. Which is unusual, because usually he has a strong grasp on the truth of things.

:agree:

If Littlefinger knew who Jon Snow was, he'd have had him killed as an infant. As it stands, Jon isn't a threat to his own endgame. If LF knew, Jon would be. (And will be when everyone finds out.)

On June 27, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Banner Without Brothers said:

Which would make Dany way older than Jon and maybe even Rob except she's born about 9 months after Jon according to GRRM. Aerys is dead by the time the tower of Joy happens. Your timeline makes no sense. What's the source for this? If it's Viserys then it's automatically suspicious since we know he has lied to Dany about her early childhood. 

Rhaella was still in KL when RR began. She left KL after the Battle of the Trident and after Rhaegar died, which was in 283. At the time she was pregnant with Dany who we can safely assume was conceived during the last month of RR, probably the night Chelsted was roasted. Jon was born more or less within a month of the sack of KL again in 283. We know that Ned did not linger long in KL after he arrived which was right after the sack and left to lift the seige at Storm's End and then soon after to find Lyanna. So based on book canon timeline, R+L's child cannot be Dany as you claim and it certainly can be Jon. Also Viserys might have been crazy as an adult but he was not so nuts to think Dany was his sister when she wasn't. He was old enough when Rhaella gave birth to Dany to know she was his sister. Unless you do mental gymnastics and claim baby swaps with no possible timeline consistencies there's no way Dany can be Lyanna's kid. 

On June 27, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Banner Without Brothers said:

Yeah and so are the bits that counter it......

There are no bits that counter it. You are grasping at straws here. You can argue that in the books, there's no actual confirmation of R+L=J but there are no facts that counter it either, except for Ned's obvious lie to Robert about Wylla or some weird boatman's tale to Davos. 

On June 27, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Banner Without Brothers said:

I'm kind of answering a lot of posts here. How about not being a dick and having some patience? It would be appreciated. 

The main problem with your theory is that Jon would be born at about the time of the sack of kings landing. But that would leave Ned barely any time to travel to storms end and then a huge distance to the tower of Joy which is on the South coast of Dorne. Somewhere Ned has never been before. Although I guess you could say he borrowed Baelish's teleportation device if you really want to make it fit.

So your argument is that it took Ned 9 months or so between the Sack and him getting to the TOJ. You can make an argument that GRRM's timelines are a bit iffy but it's safe to say that Ned got to TOJ a month or little after the sack even considering his trip to Storm's End.

On June 27, 2016 at 3:54 PM, JonSnow1984 said:

what's the point of this thread?

The OP seems to have no point other than to be contrarian. He/she seemed to believe in R+L=D which is one of the most crackpot theories out there. 

Archived