Not Confirmed

4 minutes ago, Asvpxkvng said:

You're right of course but I don't think she can harbor too much ill will towards him for that since she knows what he was like and Tyrion told her the wildfire story. But of course she still wouldn't dare marry her allies enemy, virtually the only thing that rallied them to her side.

Even if Dany does not hate Jamie as much as before, he is technically the one who killed her father. He could have other choices, such as tie him up and give him to other lords to decide what to do with the mad man. He was one of the strongest fighters he surely can handle that. He killed her father that is undeniable. Whole Westeros and Esso would laugh at Dany if she got married to her father's killer. Then, of course, Dorn and whatever left of the Tyrells would turn their back on her. Tyrion and Vars surely won't advise her such move. 

19 hours ago, OceanRunner said:

Theres a theory that R+L=D instead like above and its pretty compelling, more so it theorizes B+A=J...which part of me believes more via facts and timeline compatibility than R+L=J - If Dany was swapped with Jon in Dorne could be like from Books how she describes a lemon tree outside her window but in Braavos where she grew up apparently its treeless and weather doesn't permit lemons to grow. Plus Dany dreaming of a blue rose in the wall could be her connection to her mother Lyanna and not Jon. Quaithe has been trying to get Dany to remember who she is, maybe thats the twist. Wheter the show goes this route idk they may just make Jon the hero of everything which would be horrible but oh well. 

If Dany is the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna then she would be "the hero of everything" instead of Jon. I've seen many R+L=D theorists make this statement as one of the biggest reasons why they dont like/believe in R+L=J. It's fine if Dany is "the hero", but not Jon?

19 hours ago, OceanRunner said:

Only plot hole in R+L=D theory is that it was well known Dany was "born" on dragonstone and is Viserys brother, though he never really treated her like a sister...but I'm sure some good detective could figure out this hole and plug it with tinfoil.

No, that's not the only plothole. What would be Ned's motivation in sending Lyanna's child whom he promised to protect (mainly from Robert's wrath) to Dragonstone and have the baby take the identity of another Targaryan (who Rorbert wants dead)? What's the logic in that? And why would Ned risk sending the baby away to someone else for protection when he promised his beloved sister on her deathbed? 

As for Viserys "never really treated her like a sister", Cersei never treated Tyrion like a brother. I guess that means they're not really sibling either.

Let's think about what matters. What could the showrunners possibly gain from withholding his name? A name different from the one we know him by is of no real consequence. It just doesn't matter! Can anyone explain to me what might be going on behind D&D's thinking in doing this? It can't be that they're implying it might not be Jon because that's probably too twisty and convoluted for pure show watchers and I doubt it's as simple as to give us something to talk about until next season. Why can't they let us hear that specific part? WHY?

3 hours ago, Pile-O-Starks said:

Interesting. If you assume this chart is 100% accurate, Rhaegar did abduct Lyanna, and he did not marry Lyanna.

Of course, this is most likely just a representation of what we currently know.

" Sometime after, news spread that Rhaegar had abducted Lyanna."

That's not a confirmation of Rhaegar abducting her, that's establishing a rumour. They eloped, simple.

On 27/06/2016 at 0:24 PM, Banner Without Brothers said:

I don't think it would be a major FU to the audience. I think it would be a shocking twist, which is the reason so many people like the story. I mean you could call main protagonist Ned getting his head chopped off a giant FU or a shocking twist or the red wedding or a number of other things.

R+L=J is itself a shocking twist. Just because some internet nerds figured out over 2 decades doesn't mean it wasn't

On ‎28‎.‎06‎.‎2016‎. at 4:35 AM, hallam said:

Yes, thank goodness. No Star Wars plots.

Nope.

R+?=J is confirmed by the presence of the Kings Guard.

But as in the books there are strong hints that Lyanna has just given birth. But that isn't the only reason people get covered in blood in GoT. Most usual one is they are stabbed with a sword and she has what looks like a stab wound. She screamed once. Ever been at a birth, it is not a one scream affair.

The idea that the blood was from a Cesarian does not fit the scene as shown.

If HBO wanted to confirm Lanna was the mother they would have shown her giving birth. Or Jon would be covered in blood as well. 

I am certain it is Jon. That is the only solid conclusion.

R?  Pretty certain, there would be no reason for the Kingsguard otherwise. We know it is definitely not Ned.

L?  Nope, the only additional information we have from the books is that Jon is at the ToJ. We knew there was blood from the fever dream. We knew Lyanna dies.

J?   Pretty certain. The cut to adult Jon is pretty definitive. The producers are telling us it is Jon or they are cheating.

Of course my only certain prediction for this episode was that people would proclaim R+L=J confirmed regardless of whether there was additional evidence.

The show has to raise a doubt as to Jon's parentage before they give an explanation. The hints are so heavy that it has to be a false lead. 

For fuck sack! Are you serious? If Jon is not Lyanna son, why he share look with Lyanna, Arya and Ned? I don't like name calling, but this and OP are most idiotic thing I read on this forum. Who give, damn birth? Why would Rhaegar took Lyanna and make baby with another girl? Do you need everything draw for you? I really feel bad for you, R+L=J deniers, for years you think that you are smarter then anyone else and waiting for reveal, so you can gloated. And reveal is here, you are wrong. Just accept it, you making fools of yourselves.

On ‎28‎.‎06‎.‎2016‎. at 5:03 AM, lancerman said:

It's only obvious because the books have been out just shy of 20 years and every detail has been combed over by the fanbase for ever. If you take all that out and the internet out, there are plenty of people that would never see it coming.

Like in 15 years some teenager will pick up the books without knowing anything about it and read them all in several months and have their mind blown. For people like us who are on a website where it's discussed so frequently it's going to come off as obvious because we've been bombarded with every clue. It's still the only theory that's ever completely made sense or had some purpose.

I was 16 years old when I read AGOT, it never crossed my mind that Jon is not Ned son, until I read theory on-line and after rereading five years later I picked on clues. When I was reading first time only thing I was thinking is who is this Ashara Dayne she has to be really hot.

6 minutes ago, Lautrec said:

I saw this today. I am pretty sure this is not an official HBO website, or really has anything to do with the show. It just doesn't make sense to release this a couple days after the episode. They are obviously trying to keep a little bit of the mystery, even though for all intents and purposes, that cat has been out of the bag for a couple of decades now though.

2 minutes ago, HowdyGareth Bale said:

I saw this today. I am pretty sure this is not an official HBO website, or really has anything to do with the show. It just doesn't make sense to release this a couple days after the episode. They are obviously trying to keep a little bit of the mystery, even though for all intents and purposes, that cat has been out of the bag for a couple of decades now though.

It is an official HBO-owned website.

MakingGameofThrones.com is the official behind-the-scenes destination of the GoT production. Hear more from the cast, crew and creators here; read the latest news and event buzz; and discuss your theories and reactions with other fans… just be sure to avoid spoilers from the books. 

© 2015 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This website is intended for viewing solely in the United States. This website may contain adult content.PRIVACY POLICY, TERMS OF USE,COMMUNITY STANDARDS

On 6/27/2016 at 2:23 PM, OuttaOldtown said:

Lol, I wanna drink the tears of all the R+L=J doubters, I'm glad you're out there still holding out hope. It will make the next year more entertaining..

Cheers! At this point there is no point in arguing with them since they are in denial. Even after the series is finished, people will use the hints in some youtube video to claim that it was a typo made by Martin.

21 minutes ago, HowdyGareth Bale said:

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/got-connections-ned-promise-tower-of-joy-infographic

That is official

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/52fc05c9e4b08fc45bd99090/t/57729a51414fb5167c66e197/1467128404932/?format=2500w

But yes, the doubters will go on telling that official HBO websites also said Jon was dead after S5.

12 hours ago, OgiusMaximus said:

I can't remember, but has Jon displayed heat resistance feat at any time on the show?

dany is born of pure targ line so even tho grrm has said that targs are not fire proof the fact that jon gets burnt is due to the stark bloodline. he is fire and ice. dany is fire hence why jon is the ptwp and the one to lead everyone through the long night.

3 minutes ago, king 0f the north said:

dany is born of pure targ line so even tho grrm has said that targs are not fire proof the fact that jon gets burnt is due to the stark bloodline. he is fire and ice. dany is fire hence why jon is the ptwp and the one to lead everyone through the long night.

If I remember well, when Dany fly on Dragon from Daznak pit her hair is on fire, but her head isn`t burning and she survive. I think she get more fire resistance do MIrri Maz Dur magic. There is many examples of pure blooded Trgs dying from fire.   Although, her hand are burned, but not bad.

25 minutes ago, Hos the Hostage said:

Which he was. They were not lying about that. He didn't stay dead, but that's a different story.

So I assume this "Not Confirmed" thread is pretty much done? I mean we have intel from an official source. 

Here's a scene I've always imagined:

The knight pulled his horse up abruptly and made a slow turn, eyeing the ground. He had split from his companions only a little earlier, all riding in different directions, but in truth his heart was no longer in the search.

The great feast would commence shortly and the knight knew he should return. It would take some time getting back, yet he wished to delay the disappointment of his father as much as the contemplation of his own. And since he was being honest with himself, it was beautiful here. A welcome distraction from the sad testament of both the ruins that stood as backdrop to the tourney, and the opportunity missed due to his father's surprising arrival.

Was a parallel, there, yet this too he avoided.

Alongside the yellow gorse and cattails that lined the shore, the knight swatted absently at a dragonfly and slowed his horse to a walk. As he noted the russets and reds that crowned the small isle out toward the center of the lake, the knight thought one might very well think it the gentle fall of autumn. This was not the case, but it served to remind who his father bid they find— and so, as the sun neared the horizon it was only a small surprise when a silhouette stepped out from behind a tree further ahead.

He stopped, watching the figure carry a heavy armload down to the shore and start throwing items into the water. Done, the figure turned and started at seeing him, then ran back up toward the small copse of trees. Bemused, the knight spurred his horse. 

It was a young woman. She nudged something with the toe of her boot behind one of the trees, then made to lead her horse out of the stand.  

The knight pulled up, surprised when he recognized her. “Apologies, my Lady.”

Cheeks flushed, she brushed an errant lock of dark hair from her brow and gave an embarrassed laugh that he found charming. “Damn you,” she chuckled, then dipped a curtsy. “My Prince.”

He dismounted with a half-smile, and keeping an eye on her circled the rowan tree. On the ground there amidst the red berries fallen, a leathern shield leaned against the trunk. It was his turn to laugh when he saw its sigil, yet for some reason the painted and smiling tree seemed bittersweet.

The knighted Prince undid his sword belt and put them beside her shield, then from the saddlebag behind his winged helm he withdrew a harp as silver as his hair. He made a study of their surroundings. The sun was almost set.

“A night such as this,” he mused, brow arched, “should have a song.”

“Oh, should she?” A smile played about her lips. Its wings stirring fitfully beneath her finger, she traced the back of a dragonfly that had chosen the rowan as a place to rest. The Prince did not wonder over that hand couching a lance, yet in defense of a crannogman's honor? The thought warmed him. 

So there in the heather, before the gorse and cattails the Wolf Maid sat. And as the Dragon Prince composed a song just for her, the God's Eye wept.   

~*~

I've often wondered what happened at Harrenhall during the span between Aerys' demand that Rhaegar find the Mystery Knight and the end of the tourney. No, the show did not remark upon that particular part of the story [The Knight of the Laughing Tree] yet it did make a point of highlighting Rhaeger's bypassing of his lady wife to lay the crown of winter roses upon Lyanna's lap. What possibly could've inspired him to do that? A sad omission, but maybe we'll see it yet. Bran and Meera have a ways to go to Winterfell, after all.  

As to a Targaryen being proof against fire-- in the novels it was a one time deal tied to the sacrifice and blood magic that saw the dragons born, a mother of dragons thing. Otherwise it's a mechanic of the show, yet if they'd made Jon immune to fire as well the game would've been over, right.

1 hour ago, Hos the Hostage said:

But yes, the doubters will go on telling that official HBO websites also said Jon was dead after S5.

Only mostly dead.  There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead.  Mostly dead is slightly alive.

Archived