D&D reveal: Jon will face "selfish individuals" and overcome "dishonorable enemies" in s7

a black swan

On 11. 11. 2016 at 0:20 AM, A Ghost of Someone said:

Selfish individuals = Dany?

Dany to Daario "I will take what is mine".

Could be. Cersei, Sansa could still qualify for it. Also added it needs to be contest of groups and not individuals, which means Jon must get people on board and hope for his side to win the argument.

32 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Could be. Cersei, Sansa could still qualify for it. Also added it needs to be contest of groups and not individuals, which means Jon must get people on board and hope for his side to win the argument.

LF is the given and until he dies, Sansa is his pawn, even if she thinks it is the other way around. They have made Sansa look dumb on this show. Dany of course is selfish but she does have some historical, blood connection to power in Westeros, despite her father's justifiable removal from such during the Rebellion.

Just now, A Ghost of Someone said:

LF is the given and until he dies, Sansa is his pawn, even if she thinks it is the other way around. They have made Sansa look dumb on this show. Dany of course is selfish but she does have some historical, blood connection to power in Westeros, despite her father's justifiable removal from such during the Rebellion.

Sansa might wrestle to undermine Jon's power for her selfish need of being QitN. Dany Iron Throne for white walkers, being selfish. While both are selfish, they're not dishonorable. Cersei seem as dishonorable and same for LF., Especially if leaks turns out true.

On 11/9/2016 at 8:10 PM, Lord Friendzone said:

Yet another one of your dig into Jon's character. Then who are these dishonorable individuals? You're taking it too literally, look at them hyping up Jon and Sansa feud. 

Not so much a dig at Jon but at the writers  .

Jon is selfless and serves the people but he is not the only one who is like that and so I wish writers can also get into other characters in that way

7 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Sansa might wrestle to undermine Jon's power for her selfish need of being QitN. Dany Iron Throne for white walkers, being selfish. While both are selfish, they're not dishonorable. Cersei seem as dishonorable and same for LF., Especially if leaks turns out true.

You mean her birthright that Jon usurped like Renly did Stannis EXACTLY THE SAME WAY?

8 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I can honestly see Sansa wanting to rule Winterfell, but assuming she believes Jon about the impending invasion by the WW's, why on Earth would she want to replace him now? It makes no sense.

1 hour ago, farerb said:

You mean her birthright that Jon usurped like Renly did Stannis EXACTLY THE SAME WAY?

If we take the stance that KitN is a birthright title, then it's Bran's birthright not Sansa's. If she had become QitN,she would have usurped Bran in exactly the same way that Jon is alleged to have usurped her. As long as Bran is alive, she has no right to the title. 

I think the selfish individual could be Cersei (and her allies), but Dany, Sansa and LF are also possibilities, depending on how we interpret the sentence. 

12 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

If she finds out as some suggest, before Jon does, that he is Rheagar's son and probably the true King of Westeros and the Iron Throne, how will she react to that? When Bran shows up, Sansa is behind Bran in inheritance so her gaining the North ends there really. LF will be interesting when Bran returns and this is supposedly his downfall. Seriously, is Sansa going to tell Bran to go to hell and that she is usurping his rights? I doubt it. Then again, the show may do and probably will do some messed up continuity in regards to claims, rights etc. Especially when it comes to Winterfell, the North and The Iron Throne.

10 hours ago, farerb said:

You know show screwed up things that being trueborn or not doesn't matter, But technically Lord of the North gave him this title, not Jon himself. He could've tell them to givr that title to Sansa, but I guess then we wouldn't have Jon vs Sansa conflict. Jon is now King and she will at least judging by their comments try to undermine his power in North, instead of being happy bunny and just rule while he's on mission away.

In all honesty Bran comes first in line of inhritance as his birthright.

10 hours ago, Ice Spider said:

I can honestly see Sansa wanting to rule Winterfell, but assuming she believes Jon about the impending invasion by the WW's, why on Earth would she want to replace him now? It makes no sense.

That could be it. Selfish by wanting to rule instead of him, as she can do it better. Not looking at bigger picture and they do have some diffrences on matter next season regarding Umbers and Karstarks. Also, alligning with Dany might be against what Sansa wants. Did they ever adressed what Sansa really thinks of this ww invasion?

14 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

That could be it. Selfish by wanting to rule instead of him, as she can do it better. Not looking at bigger picture and they do have some diffrences on matter next season regarding Umbers and Karstarks. Also, alligning with Dany might be against what Sansa wants. Did they ever adressed what Sansa really thinks of this ww invasion?

No, we never heard what Sansa thinks about the WW invasion. She didn't seem surprised when Davos brought it up in their meeting with Lady Mormont or when Jon talked about "the true enemy" and when he said  he fought "against worse things than Ramsay Bolton beyond the Wall". So, my guess would be that that she learned about it offscreen. Probably in between the hug after she first arrived at Castle Black and the scene where she eats soup in Jon's chambers. Lyanna Mormont and her advisers didn't say something like "White Walkers are creatures from the stories" when Davos brought them up and in the meeting of the Northern Lords in Episode 10. Furthermore, the Northern Lords apparently knew who Jon ment when he said "true enemy". Maybe the news about what happened at Hardhome has spread over the North. 

It could be addressed when they talk about the Umbers and Karstarks next season. 

On 14-11-2016 at 1:18 PM, A Ghost of Someone said:

I suspect that in the books, Sansa stays in the Vale (or at least near the Vale, in KL or Riverlands) at least until she gets the better off LF. In the show, they replaced Jeyne Poole with Sansa and dropped most of her Vale storyline, so that Sansa and Jon are now together. And this while Stannis is probably still in play for quite some time, in the north. So, to stay on course with the books as far as her relationship to LF goes, they create tension between Jon and Sansa that's likely not there in the books because they are not anywhere near one another. 

3 minutes ago, Wouter said:

I suspect that in the books, Sansa stays in the Vale (or at least near the Vale, in KL or Riverlands) at least until she gets the better off LF. In the show, they replaced Jeyne Poole with Sansa and dropped most of her Vale storyline, so that Sansa and Jon are now together. And this while Stannis is probably still in play for quite some time, in the north. So, to stay on course with the books as far as her relationship to LF goes, they create tension between Jon and Sansa that's likely not there in the books because they are not anywhere near one another. 

I think book sansa has a different destiny. Romantic happy with a tragic ending. She will not survive. A hunch 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having worries as to what may have happened "off-screen" between the ending of  Season 6's KITN moment and where Season 7 begins.

A "pretty picture" is what she told him, she promissed LF he would be rewarded and he told her what he wanted. She thought she would be ruler and it went to Jon. The show runners and she, the actress has said that there is conflict about this. My new thought is that since the show is seemingly going against logic and keeping LF around, at least for a little while, in what capacity is he still there?  Would Sansa agree to marry him in between seasons as he basically told her that is part of what he wanted and would she do so more now out of spite that the North rejected her? This is a concern for me and as much as I hate to consider her show character doing yet another stupid thing, I just do not think the show runners can help themselves because they seem to like messing with her so much and do a good job at making her look dumb, bad and unfavorable.

41 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

A "pretty picture" is what she told him, she promissed LF he would be rewarded and he told her what he wanted.

The pretty picture line reminded me of. A line at the end of The Sun Also Rises. The line is said cynically, “Isn’t it pretty to think so?” That's how it's often used.

(Also in that scene, Sansa can call the shots now, and she rejects him.)

I'm pretty sure they'll ignore any sense of plot movement and Sansa and LF will be in the North pretty much in the same place they were before. LF's trying to convince her to turn on Jon, Jon leaves and names her Regent/Wardeness, Arya appears and they disagree on the right approach as to how to rule the North, then they team up with Bran and take down LF.

Edit: As for Bran's birthright, the show will pretend that never happened and Sansa will be the one to judge and condemn LF.

Archived