NFL Season 2016: The Shankapotomus Is Real!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

52 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, absolutely. I think tossing a player from the game after two such hits should probably be mandatory.

I'm all for implementing a yellow and red card system with accumulative punishments. Say getting a red gets you ejected and a minimum of a 1 game suspension, and getting 3 red cards is a season long ban. 

And if you really want to crack down, you could make teams lose a man for a drive if a player on their side gets a yellow or red card.

48 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

I don't know about just another tackle, someone putting their shoulder through somebody's knee when their foot's planted makes me wince every time. I suppose you can't say he definitely meant to hurt Benjamin but regardless I'm pretty confident he makes that tackle comfortably if he hits Benjamin basically anywhere from his ribs down.

That doesn't look any better though:

10 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

Gronk has been ruled out for Sunday by the Pats (hammy), according to espn.

Solder is out too, so they're without their two starting offensive tackles. Glad Brady's not playing -- seems like it could get ugly on Sunday night.

Excited for today.  We got Bengals and Jets on at 1, along with Packers and Jags. Cincy and Jets will be the better game but it'll be fun to see if Jags are even remotely good as what people are predicting they  could be. I wish I got to see the Raiders game today. Much like Jags, I'm curious to see what they do cause the hype is real!!

Late afternoon game is the obligatory NFC East matchup. At least Dak and Zeke bring some excitement. Could be a decent game, and not many other options. I'm not interested in Dolphins and Hawks, and Lions/Colts will be a snooze. The night game will be interesting for the first half at least. Cardinals could blow them away.

The Fox pre game show just had a two minute feature called "The Cooper Manning Hour (minus 58 minutes)" that consisted of Manning in the pool at Jacksonville talking about nothing of consequence...

Remind me why it is I continue to watch NFL broadcasts???

Strahan was on the Fox Broadcast this morning... But he's full time at Good Morning Anerica now.  So confused!  Didn't figure the Disney Empire would be willing to share. :dunno: 

Im also generally perplexed by the overall appeal of Strahan.  Seems a nice enough guy overall, but I don't understand how he wound up at the anchor desk.

8 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Is it not in GB?

All the pictures of artistically styled jungle cats around the stadium really make me think it's in Jacksonville despite the crowd noise.

Archived