Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a black swan

Maisie Williams: S7 scripts made me read & RE-READ everything!

Recommended Posts

Quote

"I got to end and I was ... *pause, Shock!face* It's just so exciting, it's so exciting! But I mean it's exciting because I feel I'm kinda detached from it - I mean from an audience perspective it's going to be heart-breaking, and exciting hopefully - I dunno they might just find it heart-breaking." She then explains why she feels detached from that "heart-breaking feeling" because, unlike the audience, she is immersed in the world and can appreciate the story-telling even more: "But I think I have an objective opinion of it and I can stand back and say that's great story-telling rather than be like "OH, that person is may be gone! And that one... Oh Nooo..." - Maisie, HBO After-party Access Hollywood interview.

So what got me thinking was her comment that she has to go back and re-read everything. Maisie usually focuses on her parts of the script, so I wonder if there is something coming for her character, and those she is familiar with, that is TOTALLY left-field and unexpected? I would think her Kill List is incredibly predictable to her and something she has talked about as recently as last month to Variety (mentioning Mel/Cersei for example).

There is video, and her reaction to reading the end of the scripts lol she is so excited!

https://www.accesshollywood.com/videos/game-of-thrones-maisie-williams-previews-heartbreaking-exciting-season-7/

Sophie also said a major character dies and it's really sad and made her cry when reading the script. She also said something interesting about castmates hanging around on sets to prolong the experience because for some their GoT experience will be over soon.  

They all start filming again on Wednesday and go back to work on different units by tomorrow!  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/9/2016 at 8:18 PM, DutchArya said:

So what got me thinking was her comment that she has to go back and re-read everything. Maisie usually focuses on her parts of the script, so I wonder if there is something coming for her character, and those she is familiar with, that is TOTALLY left-field and unexpected? I would think her Kill List is incredibly predictable to her and something she has talked about as recently as last month to Variety (mentioning Mel/Cersei for example).

There is video, and her reaction to reading the end of the scripts lol she is so excited!

https://www.accesshollywood.com/videos/game-of-thrones-maisie-williams-previews-heartbreaking-exciting-season-7/

Sophie also said a major character dies and it's really sad and made her cry when reading the script. She also said something interesting about castmates hanging around on sets to prolong the experience because for some their GoT experience will be over soon.  

They all start filming again on Wednesday and go back to work on different units by tomorrow!  

 

I think Maisie referred to the season in general, there will be important deaths and moments of sadness. Last year That word was used for Bran's storyline and we finally discovered it was Hodor/Summer's tragic end.

But the fact that it is also exciting.....maybe there are sad moments but also with great impact in the story.

Did Sophie say it was a major character? I don't recall this from the interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we should take everything that actors and showmakers say with a pinch of salt. It's their job to hype audience interest while the season is in production. I would be surprised if someone said: "Well, there're no big surprises, no deathes".

A death of almost every character could be described as heartbreaking: if Grey Worm or Missandei or Tormund or Meera die heroic death, it would be heartbreaking too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Ayra I spose the

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 7:18 PM, DutchArya said:

So what got me thinking was her comment that she has to go back and re-read everything. Maisie usually focuses on her parts of the script, so I wonder if there is something coming for her character, and those she is familiar with, that is TOTALLY left-field and unexpected? I would think her Kill List is incredibly predictable to her and something she has talked about as recently as last month to Variety (mentioning Mel/Cersei for example).

If she's referring to Ayra then the first "left-field" thing that might go back to previous material I can think of would be Jaqen potentially playing a larger role in her story posing as other characters(most obviously Syrio) and having a much more complex plan from the beginning.

In Ayra's story as well I would say heartbreaking could be something other than her death, maybe Sansa's death or perhaps the Hounds death.

That does make the assumption she's reffering to Ayra of course and honestly I think people would be surprised if it least one major character didn't die next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

I guess we should take everything that actors and showmakers say with a pinch of salt. It's their job to hype audience interest while the season is in production. I would be surprised if someone said: "Well, there're no big surprises, no deathes".

A death of almost every character could be described as heartbreaking: if Grey Worm or Missandei or Tormund or Meera die heroic death, it would be heartbreaking too.

If Meera dies it will be worse than heartbreaking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maisie was also asked about NYMERIA. She refused to answer if they would be reuniting BUT she said IF they did come back together, it would be nice seeing Nym saving Arya when she needed her most. 

*screaming on the inside*

Also, Nikolaj confirmed characters who separated in s1 will be reuniting next season! That was pretty specific... so people who parted in s1 huh. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DutchArya said:

Maisie was also asked about NYMERIA. She refused to answer if they would be reuniting BUT she said IF they did come back together, it would be nice seeing Nym saving Arya when she most needed her most. 

*screaming on the inside*

Also, Nikolaj confirmed characters who separated in s1 will be reuniting next season! That was pretty specific... so people who parted in s1 huh. :D 

That's new to me!!! Maybe Nymeria will appear.....!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emilia also said it was sad.

The expected major character deaths are Cersei and Littlefinger. Neither of those would be particularly heartbreaking. If Jamie is the valanqar, then that would be heartbreaking as I wouldn't expect Jamie to survive post Cersei. However I can see Jamie having a use in the final season. I think there is also a good chance that we'll lose a dragon. That would be really heartbreaking.

I'm guessing also that unlike most seasons where the stories are fairly separated, season 7 isn't like that. The stories are going to start intertwining. Nikolaj said

"We started seeing it in Season 6; characters that met in the first episode of Season 1 are now meeting again and you’re going to see that start happening more."

I wonder if that means literally more season 1 ep 1 characters will meet? The remaining surviving characters from episode 1 isn't very big. In fact the remaining season 1 cast isn't that large (by Game of Thrones standards). We have (off the top of my head)

Jon

Arya

Sansa

Bran

Dany

Jorah

Varys

Littlefinger

Cersei

Jamie

Tyrion

Sam

Robin

Gendry

Theon

Bronn

The Hound

The Mountain (in a fashion)

Surviving animals

I believe that is it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm feeling fairly certain Sansa is the big death next season along with Littlefinger in the North, it will surely be some sort of tragedy. Cersei and Euron the big two in the South along with Yara and the Sandsnakes.

I'm fairly certain Arya is there until late season 8 but she may well end up dead next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have written this before, but how do we know that Arya is alive? Maybe there will be a big reveal in season seven where Arya turns out to be the waif on mission to finish aryas list. She asked her about the list in season 6...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, KnightTime said:

I have written this before, but how do we know that Arya is alive? Maybe there will be a big reveal in season seven where Arya turns out to be the waif on mission to finish aryas list. She asked her about the list in season 6...

Please. Not this mess again.

On 24/09/2016 at 1:43 PM, Mandzipop said:

Emilia also said it was sad.

The expected major character deaths are Cersei and Littlefinger. Neither of those would be particularly heartbreaking. If Jamie is the valanqar, then that would be heartbreaking as I wouldn't expect Jamie to survive post Cersei. However I can see Jamie having a use in the final season. I think there is also a good chance that we'll lose a dragon. That would be really heartbreaking.

I'm guessing also that unlike most seasons where the stories are fairly separated, season 7 isn't like that. The stories are going to start intertwining. Nikolaj said

"We started seeing it in Season 6; characters that met in the first episode of Season 1 are now meeting again and you’re going to see that start happening more."

I wonder if that means literally more season 1 ep 1 characters will meet? The remaining surviving characters from episode 1 isn't very big. In fact the remaining season 1 cast isn't that large (by Game of Thrones standards). We have (off the top of my head)

Jon

Arya

Sansa

Bran

Dany

Jorah

Varys

Littlefinger

Cersei

Jamie

Tyrion

Sam

Robin

Gendry

Theon

Bronn

The Hound

The Mountain (in a fashion)

Surviving animals

I believe that is it.

Yes we are definitely losing a dragon. :(

About the recent filming and a certain body-double...

 

Spoiler

The red head with Jon & Co. is more likely the 16 year old girl they were looking to cast over the summer. The little boy they were casting is also in the set pics this week. Also, looks like Sophie wasn't even in Belfast this week. Spotted in London with a fan, still bleach blond. The red head from the set pics could be a Tully at Riverrun. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

Please. Not this mess again.

Yes we are definitely losing a dragon. :(

About the recent filming and a certain body-double...

 

  Hide contents

The red head with Jon & Co. is more likely the 16 year old girl they were looking to cast over the summer. The little boy they were casting is also in the set pics this week. Also, looks like Sophie wasn't even in Belfast this week. Spotted in London with a fan, still bleach blond. The red head from the set pics could be a Tully at Riverrun. 

I am unable to draw conclusions from what you spoiled.  Is there some connection I have missed - are these characters for flashbacks or might we actually have a distantly related love interest for Jon???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lakin1013 said:

 

Spoiler

No, it's not a really big reveal or anything. Just some confusion many have had about the redhead carrying a sword in some of the set pics that came out this week. Some people assumed it was Sansa's body double and she is standing in for some scenes. Apparently not. Looks like Sopie wasn't even in Belfast but in London. People recall the casting call out for a character: 16 year old girl. Along with a young boy as well. Oh look, an unrecognisable you g boy is pictured in the same set with the new red head. They are filming near the Riverrun set. 

Don't think they are flashbacks with Davos, Brienne & Pod also there. They could be meeting Tully hosts? Why would she be a love interest?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DutchArya said:
  Hide contents

No, it's not a really big reveal or anything. Just some confusion many have had about the redhead carrying a sword in some of the set pics that came out this week. Some people assumed it was Sansa's body double and she is standing in for some scenes. Apparently not. Looks like Sopie wasn't even in Belfast but in London. People recall the casting call out for a character: 16 year old girl. Along with a young boy as well. Oh look, an unrecognisable you g boy is pictured in the same set with the new red head. They are filming near the Riverrun set. 

Don't think they are flashbacks with Davos, Brienne & Pod also there. They could be meeting Tully hosts? Why would she be a love interest?  

 

Spoiler

A love interest because, currently considering female characters, there is nobody who satisfies age and such, that Jon is NOT related to :-)  And think how perfectly fitting for the girl to be a Tully and fall for Jon Snow.  Catelyn would roll over in her grave LOL

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

The redhaired girl with the sword in question is an actress. Her name is Megan Parkinson. It's safe to say she is not Sophie's stand-in and I doubt she's playing the 16yo Northern lady from the casting call. She seems to be 20something at least and doesn't look young enough to pass off as a 16yo imo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Northern reunions: I think Arya will reunite with Nymeria and the Hound and head to WF, where she will be reunited with Sansa and Jon. Bran should get past the Wall to reunite with his family, which means zombie apocalypse is nigh.

Deaths: imo they're more likely to have Euron steal a dragon or two than to kill the dragons. I hope I'm wrong; a couple of dead dragons would make Dany's story less predictable.

The show has to finish the "game of thrones" in order to enter endgame with Walkers, so Cersei, Euron, LF, Qyburn should all die this season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

I've said in a couple of other posts, I think the girl is Alys Karstark and the Umber heir. I'm expecting the Alys Karstark marriage and the little boy will be Jon's ward/sqire/hostage. I predicted this marriage months ago because I knew that they'd need to get the Karstarks and Umbers onside and that there is already a book plot that would fit perfectly into the current situation in season 7.

Jon's season 7 arc is likely to be him learning how to be a good politician. There will be groups of people who wish to avenge the red wedding and there will be those that believe him and are prepared to help fight the whitewalkers. Sansa will want to help the Tully's as they are her family but Jon is not likely to be as favourable after the way Cat treat him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×