MLB Postseason: All Arms on Deck

Myshkin

Andrew Miller is really good.

Everything is coming up Milhouse. Figure if the Tribe can take 1 of the games in Toronto we'll be in great shape heading back to Cleveland. These 1, 2 run games are going to be the death of me.

I don't think anyone who loves baseball cannot say this run up to, and the post season itself has been all kinds of awesome.  We still need things to end correctly, with the Cubs crushing the Indians in 4 in the World Series, but there hasn't really been a clunker of a game yet in any series.

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I don't think anyone who loves baseball cannot say this run up to, and the post season itself has been all kinds of awesome.  We still need things to end correctly, with the Cubs crushing the Indians in 4 in the World Series, but there hasn't really been a clunker of a game yet in any series.

Eh, I know I'm biased, but I thought both ALDS series were pretty boring. No drama with a sweep really.

4 hours ago, matt b said:

Andrew Miller is really good.

Everything is coming up Milhouse. Figure if the Tribe can take 1 of the games in Toronto we'll be in great shape heading back to Cleveland. These 1, 2 run games are going to be the death of me.

Yeah, Miller's a stud, no doubt. Not exactly being squeezed, but compared to last year's ridiculous ALCS calls, I'll take it and own it; we're plain getting beat. 

2 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Eh, I know I'm biased, but I thought both ALDS series were pretty boring. No drama with a sweep really.

Yep, the Red Sox series mostly sucked. Even knowing they had shaky pitching going in, the hitters failed to deliver. Too aggressive and too many "didn't pull it back soon enough" strikeouts in game 1 and then too tentative in game 2. It sucked.

But Cleveland pitched well and Tito got to burnish his reputation again, which I think he deserves. I hate the way the team treated him on the way out.

38 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Kershaw is going tonight on 2 days rest? Okay, gotta call Roberts out on that one. This is a 7 game set, no need to panic. And Kershaw is not Bumgarner, I don't care what any of you Dodger fucks have to say about that.

3. Cy. Youngs.

0. Cy. Youngs. 

Sure, World Series, but it's a team sport. No one is pitching in a vacuum. 

If Roberts wants him twice he needs to go now, no? That's not panic. Everyone wants their ace twice.

1 minute ago, kairparavel said:

3. Cy. Youngs.

0. Cy. Youngs. 

Sure, World Series, but it's a team sport. No one is pitching in a vacuum. 

If Roberts wants him twice he needs to go now, no? That's not panic. Everyone wants their ace twice.

He could slot him in Game 3 and still get him twice, without rushing him. Cy Youngs are nice, but they don't equate to playoff experience, I'm afraid. Kershaw is an amazing pitcher. He might be a better pitcher than Bumgarner, granted. What he's not (or at least not proven to be) is a horse that you can ride hard and put away wet. And he hasn't had nearly as much postseason success as Bumgarner. I think this looks like a desperation move. I don't see it turning out well. 

4 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Oh.  We're talking about the ALDS too? :P

And Kershaw is scary, but on this short of rest? That's pulling a trigger that doesn't need to be pulled yet.  I really hope it backfires spectacularly..

Archived