Acrophobia 26: Bridge the Gap - ROUND 8/9

Julia H.

I just asked for an extension, my entire morning was ruined when my computer got hijacked by ransomware. I used my cell phone to post a plea for help on Facebook and thank goodness, a local board member who's in the business rescued me. But not before I cancelled all my credit cards, bank card etc. The malware did not capture my computer, just my browser. :o New kind of malware, and Norton did not stop it...

The only way I could be rescued was because of the fact I have more than one browser. I had upgraded to Windows 10, the malware caught me in Edge, and I use Chrome as my start page, so they were both caught. Fortunately I also have Firefox.  So, folks, make sure you have more than one browser.

End of public service announcement...

Yes, there is an extension until sometime on Saturday afternoon (Central European Time). (My workplace will be having a Christmas feast tomorrow and it's actually a two-day event, so it seems tomorrow night I'll be too busy to perform any hosting duties.) 

@Fragile Bird :grouphug:

That stinks, FB. I got hit by ransomware once but they didn't hack into my info at all, just wanted money to let me use my computer again (and claimed they were the FBI). Thankfully one of my relatives quickly found a program I could download onto a thumb drive to bypass and remove the ransomware program. 

ROUND 6 AUTHORS AND RESULTS

1. I gave everything, regardless. Demons manifest.. eradicate... GO!     lil' ghost  1+1+2+3+2=9

2. Idiot! Genealogically Eddard's? RHAEGAR'S! Doomed Mother expects greatness.   Castellan  1+1+1=3

3. Impel greatness, every redeemed delinquent means enhanced garrisons.  Raisin Bran  1+1+3+2+3+2+2=14

4. In grave emergency, Rhaegar's descendant must enter Ghost!     rocksniffer    1+1+1+2+3+2=10

5. Invader! Gaehaerys Eddard Rhaegar! Do make exit! Go!   Lady Blizzardborn   1+1+1+1=4

6. I guess eloping rashly didn't make everything gruesome.  Howlin' Howland  1+1+3+1+3+2=11

7. I gave Eddard rules, darling. Making Eddard grieve   Fragile Bird  1+1+2+1+3=8

STANDINGS

1. Howlin' Howland 57+11=68

2. Raisin Bran 53+14=67

3-4. Fragile Bird 48+8=56

Castellan 53+3=56

5. rocksniffer   43+10=53

6. lil' ghost 32+9=41

7. Lady Blizzardborn  28+4=32

8. delspark    29

9. Destiel's Child 25

10. Gabe      10

The winner of the round with the highest number of points is Raisin Bran, who shares the bonus points for most first-place votes with Howlin' Howland with the result that the two of them are currently almost tied for first place! Which one will take the lead next time? There is also the chasing pack, including Fragile Bird, Castellan and rocksniffer, who are separated from each other by a few points only. Anything is possible yet, so keep running!

Oh, and please, check your points...

... and it's good you did, because I had to make some changes, thanks to the sharp eye and the sportsmanship of Raisin' Bran, who has officially been declared a true knight.

To be continued...

ROUND 7 CLUES

1. Marching ever North?! NO!! You're doomed! Obviously R'hllor's girl erred. South!!

2. My end, Ned's neck. Yuck. Damnable! Oddly, Rhaegar genuinely expresses sympathy.

3. Mutual enemies nabbing nation. Your duty obligates rebellion. Go evict swindlers!

4. My entire nation needs your daring.  Openly rebel, get even Stannis!

5. Many enemies near. Northerners, your defining opportunity rises. Gather everyone silently.

6. My enemies now negligible. Yet deathly Others renewing. Galvanise every saviour.

7. Monster! End's near now! You're doomed! Offing Renly? Gutlessly evil, Stannis.

Vote for your favourite clues until 8 p.m. (Central European Time) on Thursday 22nd December.  

Round 8

In the tower cell where she is kept completely isolated from the rest of the world, a frustrated and unhappy Arianne Martell is gazing once again at the night sky of Dorne, not yet touched by the winter that is coming. She glimpses the white star that she knows as Nymeria's star, burning bright above. Suddenly it seems to her that the star is falling - and the next moment a bright object seems to be coming towards her, dragging a long tail like a comet. She has just enough time to duck as the flying object comes hurtling into her cell. When she finally dares to examine it, the object turns out to be a spear with a shining metal head, with a piece of parchment attached to it - a message for her!

Arianne admires the ingenuity and the skill of the person who has found such an incredible way to contact her, but as she is reading the message, her eyes open wide: The sender of the message (which has indeed come from the far-away star) is Nymeria, the warrior queen, Arianne's distant ancestor and secret role model.

What message did Nymeria send to Arianne Martell when Arianne most needed someone to communicate with her?

Your acronym:

N  A  P  S  U  T  E  S

Your deadline:

I suggest we see if we can do this until the 22nd or perhaps the 23rd of December. If not, then the deadline will be after Christmas - let's say 10 a.m. (Central European Time) on 28th December.

I have added one more entry to the list, so check it out again. 

Also, when I first posted the new entries, I added an extra comma to #4, which I have now removed, so the entry is in its original form now.

On 18 December 2016 at 8:47 PM, Julia H. said:

You could just as well vote. :)

This is true. I didn't want to influence the scores now after having scarpered from the game early. I will watch with interest how the voting goes and then decide whether to vote.

I will vote

1st: #2

2nd: #7

3rd: #1

I thought I would absolutely hammer the competition on that last round (more than I did). Alas, the Acro crowd is a fickle thing.

First:      2. My end, Ned's neck. Yuck. Damnable! Oddly, Rhaegar genuinely expresses sympathy. (Damnable, awesome)

Second: 1. Marching ever North?! NO!! You're doomed! Obviously R'hllor's girl erred. South!!

Third:     5. Many enemies near. Northerners, your defining opportunity rises. Gather everyone silently.

2 hours ago, Raisin' Bran said:

I am not complaining, what did I get that point for?

Oh, thanks for letting me know. I've counted the points again, and it seems I misplaced a point: that one point belongs to Castellan. I'll change the scores in a minute. 

You are, Ser, a true knight

1. 3. Mutual enemies nabbing nation. Your duty obligates rebellion. Go evict swindlers! Wasn't going to put this first but the more I think about it the more I like it. Emphasizing duty is exactly the way to get Stannis moving.

2. 4. My entire nation needs your daring.  Openly rebel, get even Stannis! So like Robert to still consider it his nation.

3. 6. My enemies now negligible. Yet deathly Others renewing. Galvanise every saviour. This sounds like a Robert who is not only deader but wiser. And they are definitely going to need more than one hero for this, so every savior counts.

Archived