3. Lady Blizzardborn               64+14=78

4. Castellan                             68+9=77

5-6. rocksniffer                         71+5=76

Fragile Bird                       76

7. lil' ghost                                45+2=47

8. delspark                               29

9. Destiel's Child                      25

10. Gabe                                 11

The winner of this round is Lady Blizzardborn, who has overtaken several players and is now running in the third place. Raisin' Bran stayed only one point behind her in this round, securing his position in the lead. Howlin' Howland still holds on firmly to the second place, as the final round begins. In the chasing pack, Castellan and rocksniffer are competing for a chance to overtake Lady Blizzardborn. Will either of them manage to do it?

Soon... the final round begins.

This game is like the ASOIAF version of Agatha Christie's mystery novel And Then There Were None. I wonder who is behind it all...

ROUND TEN

1. King or boytoy? Overcome romantic longings or vacate all guarding.

2. Keep observant, battle oppression, remain loyal, obey vows, and genuflect.

3. Knock Out, Brienne! Outlast resistance, lead offsiders, vanquish antagonists. Go!

4. Knights often broker opposition. Remember loyal one, vigilance and goodness.

5. Keep oaths, Brienne! Oathbreakers rarely lead or vanquish antagonistic gangs.

Please, vote until 6 p.m. (Central European Time) on Monday, 9th January.

First:      1. King or boytoy? Overcome romantic longings or vacate all guarding.

Second: 5. Keep oaths, Brienne! Oathbreakers rarely lead or vanquish antagonistic gangs.

Third:     2. Keep observant, battle oppression, remain loyal, obey vows, and genuflect.

I assume we were supposed to vote for three.

Late but here are my votes...

1. 5. Keep oaths, Brienne! Oathbreakers rarely lead or vanquish antagonistic gangs.

2. 4. Knights often broker opposition. Remember loyal one, vigilance and goodness.

3. 3 Knock Out, Brienne! Outlast resistance, lead offsiders, vanquish antagonists. Go!

The end of the last round is finally here and the last points have been counted. Before officially announcing the results, however, I would like to let you (all of those who might be interested) know what the meanings of your acronyms were (the ones that sometimes made your job perhaps a little difficult):

1. BITORLÓ: 'usurper'

2. LÁNGNYELV 'tongue of flame'

3. KISÖCSI 'little younger brother'

4. HADJÁRAT 'campaign' 

5. PARANCSNOK 'commander'

6. ÍGÉRD MEG 'promise (me)'

7. MENNYDÖRGÉS 'thunder'

8. NAPSÜTÉS 'sunshine'

9. HÁRFA 'harp'

10. KÓBOR LOVAG 'hedge knight'

AUTHORS AND RESULTS

1. King or boytoy? Overcome romantic longings or vacate all guarding.   Lady Blizzardborn  1+1+2+3+2=9

2. Keep observant, battle oppression, remain loyal, obey vows, and genuflect.  Howlin' Howland 1+1+1+2+3=8

3. Knock Out, Brienne! Outlast resistance, lead offsiders, vanquish antagonists. Go!  Castellan 1+1+1+1=4

4. Knights often broker opposition. Remember loyal one, vigilance and goodness.  Raisin' Bran 1+1+3+3+2+4=14

5. Keep oaths, Brienne! Oathbreakers rarely lead or vanquish antagonistic gangs.  rocksniffer  1+1+2+2+3+1=10

STANDINGS

1. Raisin' Bran            97+14=111

2. Howlin' Howland      85+8=93

3. Lady Blizzardborn    78+9=87

4. rocksniffer                76+10=86

5. Castellan                  77+4=81

6. Fragile Bird                       76

7. lil' ghost                             47

8. delspark                            29

9. Destiel's Child                    25

10. Gabe                                11

Congratulations to Raisin' Bran, who won the round and spectacularly won the game as well, with skillfully composed, high-quality entries. Also congratulations to Howlin' Howland, who fought valiantly to win from round to round and in the end finished in second place. Lady Blizzardborn seemed unlucky at the beginning of the game, but she gradually gained ground and secured the third place for herself - well done!

Cheers and thanks to rocksniffer and Castellan, who also stayed on board until the end of the game, entertaining us with great entries. 

Thank you all for playing, however long or short your participation was, and now I look forward to the next game, with a different host, where I can be a player again. :)   :cheers:

P.S., Please, double-check your points. 

Congratulations, Raisin' Bran! Well done!

Great game everybody!

Thank you to our lovely host. Very cool using words in a non-English language as the basis of the acronyms. I've never hosted Acrophobia but am willing to give it a go if no one else wants to do the next one. 

That said...anybody have strong preferences on more themes to try?

Thanks to for the congratulations. I am glad I was able to continue strong despite some missteps along the way. Though I may have spent more time on this game than I should have.

Congrats to @Howlin' Howland. Hard fought.

Condolences to Sniffer who still seems to be falling short of his goal. Thanks for sticking with it.

It seems that we lost a few along the way. Well, it is their loss I guess. Thanks Julia for some really cool hosting.

I thought that I might take a crack at hosting, seeing as that I won this game, but if @Lady Blizzardborn wants to, then I think I will let her.

As for theme for the next game. Maybe, take two characters who do not meet in the books, and what will one say to the other?

I'll yield to you @Raisin Bran.  I've been having a terrible time with headaches the last few weeks, and they are not going away as quickly as I'd hoped (though the severity has reduced greatly). Maybe by the end of another game I'll be in better shape. Should have considered that before opening my big keyboard anyway. ;)

I like that theme idea too!

Archived