Leaks discussion thread for season 7 vol. 2.

Lord Friendzone

6 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

If Dany is a Conqueror, perhaps the biggest dissapointment with the leaks is that she does not surround King's Landing, even without her Dragons and simply storm the city and remove Cersei and the Lannsiters once and for all. She has the numbers and if the Reach is on her side, they are the "bread basket" of Westeros. Besides, 500k people in Kings Landing prob do not all love Cersei and would most likely help overthrow her.

Dany will show that she's a true leader by walking away from the Southern wars to go fight the real war in the North. Perhaps that's why Jon offers her his crown because he sees this and other things that will happen throughout the season as showing she is worthy of being the Queen. 

5 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

In my opinion one of the things why he knelt is that he sees someone worthy or ruling, best option. I know haters gonna say much but she's not making some mistakes that Robb, Stannis, Joffrey done in the past or trying to learn all the time, if she does some. Not everybody is perfect.

Basically Daario like the idea of her being conqueror and Jon sees her as ruler. Interesting way of looking at it and could be true. We'll see next seaosn the xontext of their scenes but still think Daario will be back and complicate things further. Doesn't look like the guy that will let her go with another.

He wouldn't do it unless he believe it to be. If he was so desperate for her help (which he is) he would have knelt from the beginning but he doesn't. The show obviously wants to work in that he grows to admire her and respect her. 

5 minutes ago, MoIaF said:

What are you talking about? He did not rescue her at Vaes Dothrak. 

Dany already had a plan and when Daarion and Jorah showed up she told them she already hard worked something out. Also, most of her plan was executed by her and the crones. They only barred the doors and the crones could have done that.

Is was busy work that Dany gave them so Jroah and Daario could feel important. 

Are you actually saying that Dany HAD EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL THERE? no assistance needed? None at all? Ok

7 minutes ago, MoIaF said:

Dany will show that she's a true leader by walking away from the Southern wars to go fight the real war in the North. Perhaps that's why Jon offers her his crown because he sees this and other things that will happen throughout the season as showing she is worthy of being the Queen.

It would be kinda nice if the show actually designed and had a crown for the North. Robb had one in the books and on this show, Renly had one, Joff had one or two, Cersie even has one, Euron the silly Pirate also has one. Hell, the Night's King has one as well.

11 minutes ago, MoIaF said:

What are you talking about? He did not rescue her at Vaes Dothrak. 

Dany already had a plan and when Daarion and Jorah showed up she told them she already hard worked something out. Also, most of her plan was executed by her and the crones. They only barred the doors and the crones could have done that.

Is was busy work that Dany gave them so Jroah and Daario could feel important. 

Actually I think it was the crones who did that,. the ones that left the building after Dany arrived.  I am not Sure Jorah or Daario did anything at all.

9 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Are you actually saying that Dany HAD EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL THERE? no assistance needed? None at all? Ok

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. See below...

3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Actually I think it was the crones who did that,. the ones that left the building after Dany arrived.  I am not Sure Jorah or Daario did anything at all.

4 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

It would be kinda nice if the show actually designed and had a crown for the North. Robb had one in the books and on this show, Renly had one, Joff had one or two, Cersie even has one, Euron the silly Pirate also has one. Hell, the Night's King has one as well.

Neither Jon nor Dany have crowns as of yet. I get the feeling they're saving them for a special occasion. 

The show is going to do what the show is going to do. Incest is the way of House Targaryen and the show, unlike the books, has seemingly tried to make the Jaime/Cersei thinng "fashionable" so the Nephew/Aunt thing may be what is in store. Either way, it is disturbing, however I doubt either of the characters will know the truth before such an act "commences".

57 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Look, I cannot stand book Daario for a multitude of reasons. Show Daario seems to have been brushed aside rather abruptly and got nothing for it. It struck me as cold and undeserving. The show writers placed Dany in a "dead end" sort of speak and while it seemed highly unlikely that Daario and Jorah would be able to pull off what they did, it was life saving to Dany. Jorah was forgiven his treason and Daario, whom both of them owed their lives was dumped and even worse, take care of the Mereen and the "heap" I am leaving it in. She took the Army and the dragons with her, so, who is the force of power there now? I understand that Dany is doing what the show runners want her to do but for a guy that was clearly loyal to her, she used him and he got little or nothing in return.

Even when Jorah betrayed her, he showed faith and still fought for her. He saved her from death at Daznak's Pit. She didn't forget what he did for her.

Daario got plenty of gold,rich life,sex, power and it was one of the better break ups, although one comment she did had to make, but other than that fine. But we have to simply agree to disagree on this subject.

2 hours ago, MoIaF said:

I'm not sure if this is the case. There is literally 13 episodes left in the series, if they had gotten started in season 4 with the romance, I might have thought that they were doomed but getting started now and then basically coming to nothing but a fling seems like a waste of time. I don't think it's a doomed as I use to think. 

Both Dany and Jon have been through long arc of leadership and they've both acquired complimentary skills. It seems like a waste to have all that character development in that aspect and just  it come to very little as they die in the end. Of course one of them or both can die but I'm starting to question that view. I think it's a bit to nihilistic. Somebody has to fucking survive this shit. 

Because I'm almost sure Dany will have a baby by the end I think she might actually manage to survive the series. Jon I'm a little more worried about just because the end might mean the end of magic and him being revived by magic might be a problem.  

Maybe it's my pessimistic nature.

Both have have been through challenges but as far as show goes, Jon is not exactly good at it. While, Dany showed promising things. When, Jon had to do something he got distracted by Rickon. Sure, it's a human mistake and we can't really blame him for that from a character point of view but as a commander it was simply a mistake. Show didn't highlight his capabilities as a leader, politician or those skills he kinda showed in the books.

Even on the show he's aged up, so he should be smarter and more skillful in this. He's good at fighting, leading men to battle. He inspires them like he did at Hardhome, Battle of the Wall or BOTB but not really a leader like millitary tactician. Ramsay owend him totally. Weiss and Benioff said that Jon is good soldier basically, but not a leader It's on inside of episode 9..

Somebody has to survive but more I think one of them will die thanks to sacrifice of some sort. Like they won't get to spend time together much, epic romance but cut short. It's doesn't ring to me like being a long term thing such as Ned and Cat, Cersei and Robert.

Tbh about magical apsect, both of them are touched by magic. Dany is literally supernatural on the show, but it seems or as logical outcome magical wil leave Westerosi after the war. We know how much George loves LOTR ending but while maybe I'm too pessimistic with them dying but just can't imagine quiet life or them ruling. Thanks to George.

2 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

She enjoyed being Khalesi when Drogo was the Khal and when the Khal dies, there is a place for the his Khalesi. It was not good enough for her. Cake and eat it too I suppose. Show Dany loves to grandstand and that scene, she did not come off as sympathetic. Also, where was the gratitude for her lover, savior, Daario, she threw him out like trash. Did not even offer him a Lordship in Westeros even though she and Jorah would be dead if it were not for him. D&D are not makeing Dany look too good. IF Jon beds his aunt, I fear that nothing good will come of it. Then again, this is a visual show, not books where one has to be a little bit more..... I will stop there.

Yeah, this. They said they parallel Cersei and Dany, and neither came off well in their respective burn them all scenes.

48 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

No room on the love boat for anyone but Auntie D and Jonny. No need for Captain Stubing or Gopher, the magical bond will steer the ship.

34 minutes ago, MoIaF said:

He wouldn't do it unless he believe it to be. If he was so desperate for her help (which he is) he would have knelt from the beginning but he doesn't. The show obviously wants to work in that he grows to admire her and respect her. 

Politics are like a poker, who gives up first, who is bluffing and how to read your opponent. He clearly came in a good time, when her allies ara beig killed off and she suffered defeats. Not as easy as she thought. Also, if he knelt that would be submitting his title rather too quickly. He needs to show some strength in negotiations or as a person. You know Dany is not fancying weak men, only strong one. He's strong but speaks his mind.

I'd think they want it to do it like this both ways, because it's supposed to be frosty at the beginning or she likes him and Jon is reserved? I don't remember it precisely. She doesn't believe in ww stories any more than Lannisters.

Would be interesting if she offers him to rule with her before RLJ reveal or after it,. Probably after it and how he'll react, That would be first sign of Dany wanting to share a power in the show and logically if he's Targaryen. In her eyes best combo.

10 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Even when Jorah betrayed her, he showed faith and still fought for her. He saved her from death at Daznak's Pit. She didn't forget what he did for her.

Daario got plenty of gold,rich life,sex, power and it was one of the better break ups, although one comment she did had to make, but other than that fine. But we have to simply agree to disagree on this subject.

Jorah realy had no where else to go but he actually told her the truth before she banished him the first time.

Daario, they way they wrote it, got kind of a raw deal it seems.

At least Essos for the most part is out of the way it seems. Never cared for the place.

5 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I figured Jorah was Captain Stubing and Daario was Gopher. 

Yeah, also, who else is gonna be on that ship? The Imp - The Love Boat ran and was followed by Fantasy Island right after, The Imp could be Tatoo and Varys could by Ricardo Montabaun's character. The Island could be Skagos, yeah, the love boat taking them to Fantasy - Wight - Island.

Boss, Boss, look, the Boat, the Boat!

Boss, why is the boat tilting? Boss, the seas are calm, why is the boat rocking?

Archived