Leaks discussion thread for season 7 vol. 2.

Lord Friendzone

4 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

Those scenes were done for TV value & ratings. Even though she was in the S7 finale for a short scene, it was still one of the most talked about. That's D&D simple minds for you. Samething happened with the Trant scene, like @Meera of Tarth pointed out awhile ago, they revert back to Arya being her usual self afterwards. Seems like in S7, what little we know about her storyline, WoTW confirms Arya will be involved in ruling and that will create conflict. Killing LF is her next big ratings moment it seems. 

About the leaks, yesterday it was mentioned that the ambush scene would be directed by JP, so it would happen in ep 1 or 7. 

However, ep 1 is extremely unlikely, but it also is that it happens in the seventh, due to it's gonna be a big battle and, unless the last episode lasts two hours, how are they going to cover all the things from the finale?

I found it a bit strange.

PS: Thanks for the calling! She always returns to being normal Arya.

Just now, lidsa said:

It absolutely will be, I never meant to say it wouldn't. I just think it will be much more of a personal betrayal (Jon wondering why Ned never told him) instead of Jon being sad that he won't be a Stark, because Jon was never a Stark anyway. Yes, he wanted to be one, but he came to terms with it a long time ago that he won't be.

Even if he's legitimized, he can still take his future wife's name. Or make up a completely new name. I don't think Dany will stand for Jon taking her family's name.

I'm not going to argue about this in this thread, if you don't mind. There are lots of threads on this topic already, and I already said that I no longer believe that's going to happen in the books. And the show had little to no setup for this anyway.

I think Jon might want to, given that Rob'ss will might resurface and he¨ll legitimized in the books as Stark and now on the show it's a bit of messy. Many xchangs wqould confuse fans so he'll keep Snow surname if any chang will be made. Now he's basically head of the House Stark in all but name, Ned not being his afther, his parents being irresponsible, sleeping with Dany and their relationship will affect him more. He won't lose Starkness.

Dany will be fine, in fact might even urge him to take Targ surname if needed to be.. to either help her rule or continue line, as she believes she won't have one.

With Arya and Sansa. It's more related to the show, if show and books do have similar endings. If not, then it's anyones game.

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

About the leaks, yesterday it was mentioned that the ambush scene would be directed by JP, so it would happen in ep 1 or 7. 

However, ep 1 is extremely unlikely, but it also is that it happens in the seventh, due to it's gonna be a big battle and, unless the last episode lasts two hours, how are they going to cover all the things from the finale?

That's not the ambush but scenes filmed in Trujllo castle which could be either Highgarden, Casterly Rock or even King's Landing. 

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

What......!!! This throws off many people's timelines then. lol Yeah, this is the big scene for the finale. 

Just now, Meera of Tarth said:

Ambush is directed by Shakman. Episode 7 is too late for it and 1 too eraly. Luka said it will happen in the middle of the season.

Just now, Lord Friendzone said:

Ambush is directed by Shakman. Episode 7 is too late for it and 1 too eraly. Luka said it will happen in the middle of the season.

They already said a few days ago that it'll be episode 4. 

19 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Aerys actually enjoyed burning people in wildfire and cutting out tongues.  Even in the Show, I get no hint that Dany takes pleasure from witnessing burnings and crucifixions.  What I have noticed is the way that she'll start speaking in a rather odd monotone when sentencing people to die, as if she's completely detaching herself from what's taking place.

Not my impression.

12 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Khals openly threatened to kill, rape and who knows what else. Why would she even give them any trial? In fact I even like he smug face to show to them, what she can do. How they threat her and it wasn't for Drogon. She did it herself.

I just have edited my comment, I didn't meant that, just an opportunity, you are right about not a trial.

As for nobles of Meereen. It's a bit of different, because it might not be that all men were innocent. Some of them might've been on this Sons of the Harpy plot but might not. Hizdar wasn't but who knows about others. This is her most questionable act. Death of Barry played a part in this but it was more of strong message to others. But we know how that turned ou in another assassination attempt.

it is true not all of them are innocent but some are. She makes use of justice very carefully and "justly". That is my example of Mossador, for instance. I found it really odd she behaves that way just after what happened to her friend.

Before that she tried to give Sons of the Harpy fairl trial. After murder of White Rat/Unsullied in brothel. Not like didn't give any fair trial but Mossandor took vengeance to this hans.

I don't recall that part. How coudl she have done that? If she didn't know who those were? 

I know death of Barry playes a part, but that is what I am referring to, she is very impulsive. If she couldn't control herself in Meereen, how can we know she will always control herself in the future?

9 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

Exactly. I agree that we don't know what happens with the Tarlys and to speculate on it is shortsighted.

But I still think facts should win the day. I know war is war. But we have knowledge and history of wars after they are long done. We factually know what occurred and for the most part, what the leaders were thinking when certain acts were committed. My point is that every act should be looked at in itself. Some acts are inherently bad while others are inherently good with many others falling in between. I think Ned fighting Arthur Dayne cannot be compared to Dany roasting alive a captured prisoner. And to equate the two is just wrong.

if it was the other way around, and Randyll Tarly captured and executed Daenerys Targaryen, would we say he is crazy? no, we would say he killed a rival in war. 

I know that many rulers do go crazy, and daenerys may be one of them. but the act of being at war and killing members of the opposing side is not good evidence of that. that's her being a competent general. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I think Jon might want to, given that Rob'ss will might resurface and he¨ll legitimized in the books as Stark and now on the show it's a bit of messy. Many xchangs wqould confuse fans so he'll keep Snow surname if any chang will be made. Now he's basically head of the House Stark in all but name, Ned not being his afther, his parents being irresponsible, sleeping with Dany and their relationship will affect him more. He won't lose Starkness.

Dany will be fine, in fact might even urge him to take Targ surname if needed to be.. to either help her rule or continue line, as she believes she won't have one.

With Arya and Sansa. It's more related to the show, if show and books do have similar endings. If not, then it's anyones game.

I think Jon will remain a Snow. 

I can't see him choosing to take any name, in the end he'll chose to be the man he made of himself. At least that's how I read his character. 

As for the ending D&D have said in multiple occasions that it'll be the same or very similar as the one in the books. They'll just get there in completely different way. 

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

she was not killing innocents. she was killing rapist warlords who had captured her and now wanted to fuck her to death. and she gained a huge army in the process.

i doubt you, me, daenerys targaryen, or anyone else would be shedding tears over that. 

9 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

What......!!! This throws off many people's timelines then. lol Yeah, this is the big scene for the finale. 

Oh well, I mixed things up. But maybe there is CR or HG in ep1! something leaks didn't mention :)

I can't find the link now, it was posted several pages ago, from yesterday

PS: fount it: http://lossietereinos.com/los-lannister-llegan-a-los-barruecos/

Jaime is wearing an armour in ep1 or 7 in CR/HG or KL.....

but....look at this:

http://watchersonthewall.com/elli-kendrick-behind-scenes-game-thrones-season-6/

Meera's role in S7!!!

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't recall that part. How coudl she have done that? If she didn't know who those were? 

The man that Mossador killed was being imprisoned awaiting his trial. He had been captured while hiding after a Harpy attack. 

i do have to say i am very hyped for all the war and politics this coming season. the long night has always been kind of meh to me, and a little bit juvenile for something as complex and advanced as this series, to see it devolve into the walking dead 2.0. 

the iron bank, the sack of highgarden, the tarlys betrayal, etc etc. good stuff.

3 minutes ago, dsug said:

if it was the other way around, and Randyll Tarly captured and executed Daenerys Targaryen, would we say he is crazy? no, we would say he killed a rival in war. 

I know that many rulers do go crazy, and daenerys may be one of them. but the act of being at war and killing members of the opposing side is not good evidence of that. that's her being a competent general. 

We might come to that conclusion if he burned her alive (not that that would be possible).  But, for him to execute a royal or aristocratic commander would probably go beyond the normal usages of war.

2 minutes ago, SeanF said:

We might come to that conclusion if he burned her alive (not that that would be possible).  But, for him to execute a royal or aristocratic commander would probably go beyond the normal usages of war.

It's not just burning it's death by dragon. The dragons are Dany's sword. If she wielded a sword she would use it to cut her enemies heads off and no one would bat an eye. 

Just now, SeanF said:

i dont think so. Killing noble military commanders is like part of the game. Robb Stark would gladly kill Tywin Lannister if he could, and vice versa. Hell, Tywin DID kill Robb. Stannis would have burned Cersei at the stake as soon as he got his hands on her, and again, vice versa. 

As for the "burning alive" thing, I don't think thats necessarily a sign of complete sadism. Yes, its an unplesant way to die. But hey, she has dragons. you think she's not gonna use them cause getting burned hurts? Randyll has a sword, is he not expected to use it, because getting stabbed would be painful to his opponents?

18 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

LOL, no. It wasn't the burning she enjoyed, but the fact that she'd turned the tables on a bunch of assholes who were looking forward to gangraping her (and who, it was strongly implied in Season 6, regularly used rape as a way of terrorizing female captives). Nice try, though.

Archived