Leaks discussion thread for season 7 vol. 2.

Lord Friendzone

11 minutes ago, Evarei said:

hmm Jaime and Bronn at Highgarden (Trujillo Castle) is from episode 1 or 7. Jeremy Podeswa was on set

http://imgur.com/a/RWCYd

Is the castle Highgarden, Casterly Rock, or Kingslanding?  I expect that in episode 1 Jaimie is still in Kingslanding. Also, if Podeswa is in Spain right now and stays there it follows that any current filming in Belfast is not for episode 1 or 7. 

3 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

Is the castle Highgarden, Casterly Rock, or Kingslanding?  I expect that in episode 1 Jaimie is still in Kingslanding. Also, if Podeswa is in Spain right now and stays there it follows that any current filming in Belfast is not for episode 1 or 7. 

That photo is from a week or so ago (Trujillo castle's filming is done), dunno where Podeswa's now.

5 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

They know the consequences of incest. The child could be ok, or could not.

But law doesn't mean they are ok with that. At least not Jon.

Yes, this would be the worst, but he can also realise that his father is his uncle and his aunt his girlfriend.....and feel it's not ok.

But I don't see Jon falling for and bedding someone just after three episodes either. He was tempted by Mel, why not by Dany? And they just have fun. They say it's for political issues, but they are attracted, ok, but love? I can't see it, at least not yet. It would be too rushed, especially considering their romance has probably to be the most "epic" from the show (since they think the audience cares more for the characters with more screentime).

Why do you comment on things you know nothing or little about? First cousins have very little increase in genetic abnormalities than strangers. It's a whole whooping 1.7 %. An Aunt/Nephew relationship carries the exact same amount of risk. Why people keep applying 21st century taboo to a 14th century storyline is beyond me.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/04/us/few-risks-seen-to-the-children-of-1st-cousins.html

4 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

Why do you comment on things you know nothing or little about? First cousins have very little increase in genetic abnormalities than strangers. It's a whole whooping 1.7 %. An Aunt/Nephew relationship carries the exact same amount of risk. Why people keep applying 21st century taboo to a 14th century storyline is beyond me.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/04/us/few-risks-seen-to-the-children-of-1st-cousins.html

Le Cygne posted something similar before about those risks in numbers.

this type of incest is worse in general terms than first cousins according to her numbers.

also not knowing about genetics since my last subject was in HS doesn't mean I can't see that First cousins blood is more mixed.

If I am wrong then fine but I stated before what my knowledge was.

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Le Cygne posted something similar before about those risks in numbers.

this type of incest is worse in general terms

What kind of statement is that?

General terms?

It's the 14-15th century??????

If your going to boil this down to the genetic component, Tyrion should be castrated and not allowed to breed, he has a lot greater chance of passing along genetic abnormalities with anyone than a Jon/Dany pairing.

2 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

uhm It looks like Jerome always eat the same salad wandering around  :huh: are we sure it is yesterday? :P

Not sure, it's what JJ claims. I have my doubts. But it doesn't matter when they were taken. It's about the director on set with them. It kinda messes up reports. So it's either that Jaime finds himself at CR (more likely) or Highgarden (again) in episode 1 or 7. But if it's CR, there was no sighting of Jacob Anderson and there was report he and Unsullied would be conducting an attack on CR. And there's no mention anywhere about Jaime being at CR.

1 minute ago, Evarei said:

Not sure, it's what JJ claims. I have my doubts. But it doesn't matter when they were taken. It's about the director on set with them. It kinda messes up reports. So it's either that Jaime finds himself at CR (more likely) or Highgarden (again) in episode 1 or 7. But if it's CR, there was no sighting of Jacob Anderson and there was report he and Unsullied would be conducting an attack on CR. And there's no mention anywhere about Jaime being at CR.

It can't be e7, it's probably the first episode. And it would make more sense if it's KL. 

5 minutes ago, Evarei said:

something different from the leaks!!:D:D

1 hour ago, HanginginWesteros said:

Absolutely. The writing for the show is NOT subtle and Jon is so obviously going to pick the Starks over Dany, thus fulfilling her "betrayal for love" prophecy. Not only will Jon be absolutely devastated that he's not Ned's son, he'll have an issue being with his aunt (Dany not as much being with her nephew--she may love Jon's a Targ).  But I strongly suspect that all three Stark siblings (Bran, Arya and Sansa) won't exactly be Dany's fans given that her father murdered their grandfather and uncle. It also might come down to differences in personality and ruling. Whatever happens, Jon will have to make a choice and he'll go with the Starks. This is hugely telegraphed with that prophecy. I can see Jorah picking up the pieces of his heartbroken Khaleesi (before they both die of course in the battle against the WW). 

Not on the show it isn't. In fact it is not mentioned at all.

17 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

yes because those people might carry more risk if previous generations have done incest before.

so yeah general terms.

google "Habsburgs and incest" and you will know what I mean.

I don't have to google anything, sorry. I have a really good understanding of genetics, thank you. Would you like me to explain recombination and probability of passing along genetic abnormalities in both heterozygous and homozygous forms, and which defects are dominant in heterozygous states and which are dominant In the homoozygous state?

It's nowhere near the level of risk being portrayed in this thread, and it's a well known and highly used practice among breeders in every animal group other than humans. Of course if the genetic material is bad to begin with, the chance of passing that along are increased, however, that applies to strangers breeding as well.

13 minutes ago, Ice Spider said:

I don't have to google anything, sorry. I have a really good understanding of genetics, thank you. Would you like me to explain recombination and probability of passing along genetic abnormalities in both heterozygous and homozygous forms, and which defects are dominant in heterozygous states and which are dominant In the homoozygous state?

It's nowhere near the level of risk being portrayed in this thread, and it's a well known and highly used practice among breeders in every animal group other than humans. Of course if the genetic material is bad to begin with, the chance of passing that along are increased, however, that applies to strangers breeding as well.

Didn't GRRM say that genetics in Westeros doesn't match up with our science? (I think I heard that)

1. Westeros genetics are not RW genetics, so arguments about how Jon and Dany's children would be irretrievably fucked because of RW genetic issues are dumb. Not to mention that Dany AND Jon are the product of generations of incest and are hale, healthy, intelligent, and beautiful.

2. There is no basis in the text or the show to suggest that Jon would have a problem with having a relationship with his aunt. Avunculate marriages are a thing in the ASOIAF Stark family tree. Deal with it.

5 minutes ago, Newstar said:

1. Westeros genetics are not RW genetics, so arguments about how Jon and Dany's children would be irretrievably fucked because of RW genetic issues are dumb. Not to mention that Dany AND Jon are the product of generations of incest and are hale, healthy, intelligent, and beautiful.

2. There is no basis in the text or the show to suggest that Jon would have a problem with having a relationship with his aunt. Avunculate marriages are a thing in the ASOIAF Stark family tree. Deal with it.

Agreed. Not too mention inbreeding (actually line breeding to be correct) would explain why the Targs have their abilities (dragons, resistance to fire) and the Starks have theirs (wargs, bond to direwolves). Otherwise, these abilities would be popping up across all the population.

People take issue with the silliest of things, in a world with walking corpse's, dragons, magic, and lord knows what else, they want to focus on the improbability of an avunculate marriage. Good Lord!

Archived