Leaks discussion thread for season 7 vol. 2.

Lord Friendzone

On 11/24/2016 at 11:15 AM, Meera of Tarth said:

Le Cygne commented before me!

well I am totally convinced season 8 will hace a Lot of "huh" moments. It's their last moment and we know they like shocking the audience. Those who hace paid attention or rewatched will probably hace their reward and won't be as "huh" like the casual Viewer who doesn't even know all the names of the characters and joined GOT not so long ago.

Yeah, this is actually not even subtle, if you know La Belle et la Bete. But a star of the show singing Beauty and the Beast to this scene on the commentary is pretty out there. Lots of recaps mentioned it, too.

The pretty sister moment (Rory said about the love, yeah, there might be after filming this), Sansa in bed at the same story point as her dream of him, and the same episode, Arya says "The Hound" framed the same way as Sansa in the dissolve to dream.

On 11/24/2016 at 11:25 AM, Meera of Tarth said:

Ryan tells Sandor "might I save you soup and ale?" Just like Sansa's meal.

Yep. Soup and ale riff is a Cogman thing, they both had soup and ale moments in season 6, hers (hers) and then his. I predicted his moment was coming, and it did. They know viewers look for these things, it's basic film 101.

(fixed the links)

Yes. Yesterday watchers on the Wall published an article in which Ellie Kendrick is interviewed about her role in s7. She says she is his protector and bodyguard, doesn't sound like she would leave him out of a sudden

I don't get it. Didn't the leaks say she would? Aren't they generally accurate?

I don't think he is gonna ally with the Others ( I suppose you mean as a sacrifice cause Bran is the whitest of the show characters) since we know he arrives at WF safe from reliable sources.

I meant that he would ally with them like the Night's King (from the books) did. If the Others get through the Wall at the end of Season 7, they could quickly get to Winterfell and to Bran in the same episode. Meera supposedly leaving him because "the real Bran died in the cave" lends credence to this theory. 

4 minutes ago, TyrionTLannister said:

I don't get it. Didn't the leaks say she would? Aren't they generally accurate?

I meant that he would ally with them like the Night's King (from the books) did. If the Others get through the Wall at the end of Season 7, they could quickly get to Winterfell and to Bran in the same episode. Meera supposedly leaving him because "the real Bran died in the cave" lends credence to this theory. 

if the real Bran dies in the cave why would he waste time with LF's teenage games helpong his sisters?

the leaks have some flaws. Not everything will be true. Especially details about "not very important" characters.

21 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

If Jon and Dany have say, a few kids, what would they be like? What are the odds one of them would come to them with a castle kitten fried to a crisp, bragging about setting one of the dragon hatchlings loose on it. If there are boys and girls, they would be caught in compromising situations, yeah, nothing like a little Targ incest to get the gossip mill going. I know, a spin off series, ALL IN THE FAMILY - WESTEROS. Staring, as themselves, the Targ Royal family.

Then, Family feud - Targaryens V Lannisters = LF could be the host, trying to kiss all the women, or recruit them to work in one of his Brothel Franchises.

AWWWWJONNNNNNY !

OH SHUT UP DANY !

There used to be a quite popular fan theory that Rhaegar was in fact, Dany's father, as opposed to her brother, which would have made Dany and Jon half-siblings.

7 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Sansa in bed at the same story point as her dream of him

Which, as I said, does not have that context in the show, so it's not a hint.  If that was meant to be a hint, there would be some actual indicator that Sansa had a dream about him.

As to stuff like the soup, that doesn't fit at all with the writers' modus operandi on the show.  When they want to send signals to the audience about relationships between separated characters (which in truth doesn't happen all that often), they invariably fall back on the same (logical enough) method:  have one or both of those characters talk about the other.  They've had Sansa talk about Arya a few times, for instance.  And the Hound has, actually, come up a number of times in a Stark sister's plotline after they separated from him -- in Arya's plotline.  The peak of this is obviously with Sam, who natters on about Gilly constantly whenever she's not around.

What's being suggested here is that the writers have decided to tell this entire story in the form of obscure parallels that only fans of the characters' relationship in the books looking for signs of connectivity between them would ever notice.

20 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Interesting.

My biggest problem with Dany, books and show is that she has a massive Entitlement and Arrogance problem. She benefits from plot armor that few others can rival (Tyrion, Cersei and LF).

Not a Dany fan.

The Targaryen Curse - Gods flip a coin ever time on is born. One side is madness, the other greatness. To be fair, her coin is probably still in the air.

I think almost every powerful noble or royal in the story is entitled (literally) and arrogant. 

Just now, SeanF said:

I think almost every powerful noble or royal in the story is entitled (literally) and arrogant. 

Yeah, I can sort of see why "entitlement" comes up in discussions about Dany, what with all the literal titles she's constantly having bandied about her, but literally every main character in this story is entitled in the same way.  Every Stark takes for granted that they are the rightful feudal lords of the North, descended from Bran the Builder and the Kings of Winter, blah blah blah.  Tyrion has much the same view of the Rock and its domains, and much of his character motivation is trying to be acknowledged as the legal heir.  And so on.

This actually is the way the show does it, and every other scripted show. The show has lots of subtle hints. Lots of people pick up on them. It's how it's done. The show only gets explicit when characters are about to meet again, or to clarify.

(Maisie said they wanted to clarify Arya's feelings for Sandor after the season 4 finale, because fans were upset with her for leaving him. She understands him now, they wanted to establish that, for plot reasons, that we should see play out.)

The whole shipping Sansa with someone else therefore denying the story routine is getting old. There are no other options left. They ruled the others out, quite clearly. There's one man left, so maybe it's time to stop fighting the story and enjoy.

Sansa is wriggling in bed around draped in fur, listening to her aunt's orgasm on the show, just like when she had the sex dream of Sandor in the books. And the same episode, Arya says "The Hound" framed the same way as Sansa in the dissolve to dream.

His dying moments, "He's saying all that really mean stuff, but what he's really saying is I love you." The show kept the "pretty sister" line. And added that she's his "one happy memory." The subtext is there, as it was in the books.

Ask her who came back for her... Arya will ask her, she knows he saved her, too. He didn't want to leave her, either. "I could take you with me. I'll keep you safe." "You won't hurt me." And there's much more... So I bet they continue the story.

23 hours ago, MoIaF said:

But he wasn't alone in winning those battles. Most of them were mastermind by Dany herself and the Unsullied were a good part of those victories as well. She hired him for a job (he is a sellsword), and he did a good job (and got paid very well for it and lived in more luxury than he's ever known) and when he wasn't needed anymore he was relieved of his duty and given compensation for his good job. The end. 

Again, she owns him nothing.

And she treated him with more honor than he probably deserved throughout their partnership. She could have sent Tyrion in to break things off but she did it herself and quite respectfully. 

I'd say that Daario went above and beyond fulfilling his contractual obligations, as a mercenary. He firstly risked his life, beheading his colleagues, and then stealing into her camp;  then he fought the duel with the champion outside Meereen, then he set off into the wilderness to rescue her.  And, they were lovers.  So, while I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunity to make money in Meereen, I think he deserved better.

3 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I'd say that Daario went above and beyond fulfilling his contractual obligations, as a mercenary. He firstly risked his life, beheading his colleagues, and then stealing into her camp;  then he fought the duel with the champion outside Meereen, then he set off into the wilderness to rescue her.  And, they were lovers.  So, while I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunity to make money in Meereen, I think he deserved better.

I think he'll get better in the books. She's much more caring about people in the books. I think probably he dies, and instead of showing that, they've kept him around to serve some other role.

28 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

if the real Bran dies in the cave why would he waste time with LF's teenage games helpong his sisters?

the leaks have some flaws. Not everything will be true. Especially details about "not very important" characters.

I think that he's back in Winterfell is actually a good sign. I never thought he'd stay in the cave anyway, though.

7 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I think he'll get better in the books. She's much more caring about people in the books. I think probably he dies, and instead of showing that, they've kept him around to serve some other role.

In the books, she shows a great deal of  loyalty towards people who have performed services to her.  She won't agree to the Tattered Prince's demand for Pentos, because that would be disloyal to Illyrio;  She wanted to forgive Jorah, had he only apologised;  and she is very fond of Daario.

In the Show, not so much.  Jorah gets dismissed without a hearing, and Daario gets cut off, despite his services.  No doubt he did get his severance pay, but that's not really the point.

8 minutes ago, SeanF said:

She couldn't brought him to Westeros, what then?

Just now, SeanF said:

In the books, she shows a great deal of  loyalty towards people who have performed services to her.  She won't agree to the Tattered Prince's demand for Pentos, because that would be disloyal to Illyrio;  She wanted to forgive Jorah, had he only apologised;  and she is very fond of Daario.

In the Show, not so much.  Jorah gets dismissed without a hearing, and Daario gets cut off, despite his services.  No doubt he did get his severance pay, but that's not really the point.

Yeah, I like her in the books. I had hopes for her, I really did. But she's just not the same character in the show. Part of the problem with the show changing the characters is you don't know if that's because it's the direction the books are taking with them, or just changing the character to suit an invented storyline.

16 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

She couldn't brought him to Westeros, what then?

She couldn't bring him as her consort to Westeros.  There's no reason not to bring him as a military commander.  And as she told Tyrion, she felt nothing, when she let him go.  Come the day that she thinks Tyrion has served his purpose, he'll get a free transfer as well.

Just now, SeanF said:

She couldn't bring him as her consort to Westeros.  There's no reason not to bring him as a military commander.

GW is for Unsullied, Dothraki have their own leaders or generals working for her. Seconds Sons are only 2000 and they stayed to be guarding Meereen and the Bay of Dragons as their leader. Daario by her side would probably be a distraction from her point of view, as Tyrion said a liability, because he was her lover. That was more advice of Tyrion, who has a bit of exprience in this.

27 minutes ago, SeanF said:

She couldn't bring him as her consort to Westeros.  There's no reason not to bring him as a military commander.  And as she told Tyrion, she felt nothing, when she let him go.  Come the day that she thinks Tyrion has served his purpose, he'll get a free transfer as well.

I think that scene was supposed to serve as contrast to the earlier scene of her telling Jorah that she needs him by her side.  It was also probably meant to set up the potential Jon and Dany romance.  She felt nothing for Daario but the leaks heavily imply that she'll feel something for Jon.  Tyrion then tells her (in 6x10) that "he wasn't the first man to love you, and he won't be the last", again probably to set up J+D romance.

Jorah has essentially "served his purpose" to her yet she loves him and wants him by her side.  Missandei has also "served her purpose" yet I doubt she'll ever give her a "free transfer".  She's still very loyal to those her serve her; I think the show just wanted a way to write Daario out of the show (or perhaps he shows up in S7 or S8) 

Archived