Bran will warg Ghost

TyrionTLannister

6 minutes ago, TyrionTLannister said:

The way I see it, you lose some of yourself in the animals you warg. It's more akin to fusing your consciousness with it than taking full control. Perhaps Ghost is an exception. Perhaps Bran would be able to warg Ghost and still be "Bran".

You haven’t answered me. Why he need Ghost when every wolf would have been the same?

7 minutes ago, TyrionTLannister said:

What if he wants to convince Dany to give him troops to fight the Others?

And why he has to beg? After all it seems that she will go North.

14 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

You haven’t answered me. Why he need Ghost when every wolf would have been the same?

I'm saying that maybe it isn't the same. When Bran wargs Summer, for example, he describes his surroundings as though he's a wolf. Ghost is special, so maybe Bran can warg him and still see the world as a human.

14 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

And why he has to beg? After all it seems that she will go North.

But I think it's likely that Jon will go south to treat with her and convince her that the Others are a threat first. I don't think she'd go North before she deals with fAegon and Cersei.

5 hours ago, TyrionTLannister said:

But I think it's likely that Jon will go south to treat with her and convince her that the Others are a threat first. I don't think she'd go North before she deals with fAegon and Cersei.

She will not have to fight Cersei, only Aegon and then she will go to the Trident.

I'm saying that maybe it isn't the same. When Bran wargs Summer, for example, he describes his surroundings as though he's a wolf. Ghost is special, so maybe Bran can warg him and still see the world as a human.

From what you say, which I am sorry to say but doesn't make sense how someone for example can see the world as a human from inside a wolf, what I understand is that Bran will have Ghost out of jealousy because Ghost is better than the rest of them. 

2 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

She will not have to fight Cersei, only Aegon and then she will go to the Trident.

Well, either way, I think Jon will go south to his father's castle, Dragonstone, and forge a relationship with Dany. But why do you think Dany won't have to fight Cersei? She is probably the younger queen in Maggys prophecy.

2 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

From what you say, which I am sorry to say but doesn't make sense how someone for example can see the world as a human from inside a wolf, what I understand is that Bran will have Ghost out of jealousy because Ghost is better than the rest of them. 

I'm just speculating. Why is so hard to believe that Bran will start warging Ghost while Jon is away? Is that such a great crime?

1 hour ago, TyrionTLannister said:

Well, either way, I think Jon will go south to his father's castle, Dragonstone, and forge a relationship with Dany. But why do you think Dany won't have to fight Cersei? She is probably the younger queen in Maggys prophecy.

I'm just speculating. Why is so hard to believe that Bran will start warging Ghost while Jon is away? Is that such a great crime?

Some will suffer no slights against their favorite character(s). (Try talking about how Jon will take Drogon. :) )

21 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Some will suffer no slights against their favorite character(s). (Try talking about how Jon will take Drogon. :) )

No one said that this could happen either. Thinking that Jon will take Drogon while Dany is alive is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, TyrionTLannister said:

Stealing your brother's soul when you can have any other wolf you want?  Yes, it doesn't sound very innocent, it sounds like someone is envy of what Jon has and wants to take Ghost and not like he actually needs a wolf.

2 hours ago, TyrionTLannister said:

Because when Dany will arive in Westeros Cersei will have been history and Aegon will be the King. I don't see why Jon has to leave the war to go and beg Dany. That doesn't sound like him at all.

1 minute ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Not while she's alive, silly goose, but after she expires in a bed of blood. 

Silly goose? Ok.

In any case. The poster here claims that Bran will steal Ghost while Jon is alive, it isn't the same with Jon taking Drogon after Dany's death.

On 2/24/2017 at 9:52 AM, TyrionTLannister said:

What if he wants to convince Dany to give him troops to fight the Others?

Just gonna throw in my two half groats here and speculate that IF Bran does need to do this with Dany, or any other character, couldn't he use a raven instead and maybe bring back the old skool method of the greenseer skinchanging a raven and speaking through the bird. Dark wings, dark words.

If this happened again, the maesters at the Citadel would poop several golden nuggets because it would undo all of their teachings against the old gods and magic. :lol:

30 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Silly goose? Ok.

In any case. The poster here claims that Bran will steal Ghost while Jon is alive, it isn't the same with Jon taking Drogon after Dany's death.

I know. I was just goofin around. Sorry. I will stop now. 

Hi Tyrion T -- I see this is your grim vision 2.0... :)

First, you were set on Jon killing Bran, by dragonfire no less, in the great denouement;

now, you're gravitating to Bran violating Jon in some way!

It's not hard to believe -- and that blogger Yezen -- 'Weirwood Leviathan' -- you referenced ('BranTree trademark', lol...) has an even darker vision than you!

The thing is GRRM has promised a 'bittersweet' story resolution-- and the scenarios to which you and Yezen are gravitating are so soul-destroying and nihilistic a vision of humanity I can find no 'sweet' therein, only 'bitter' --

GRRM can of course do anything he pleases with the characters -- but if he makes us hate enough of our favourite characters -- or worse, fools around with resurrection and bodysnatching to the extent that apathy sets in for the readers and we no longer care about the living --

then he will have lost the plot and not only will there be no sweetness, his saga will fall flat on its face.

On 2/23/2017 at 9:19 AM, TyrionTLannister said:

I guess I should mention that I think this will only happen after Summer somehow dies.

No, I don’t think Bran is going to take over Ghost. Bran is busy.

If I remember correctly, while the Stark kids and wolves were at WF Ghost, the silent one was the alpha of the pack. I also seem to remember something along the lines of wolf & warg marry, as in they share each other’s consciousness (awareness, perception). The Stark direwolves seem to also take on characteristics of their warg.

Notice the below quote “Ghost knows” therefore Jon knows.

A Dance with Dragons - Jon I  The wolf dreams had been growing stronger, and he found himself remembering them even when awake. Ghost knows that Grey Wind is dead. Robb had died at the Twins, betrayed by men he'd believed his friends, and his wolf had perished with him. Bran and Rickon had been murdered too, beheaded at the behest of Theon Greyjoy, who had once been their lord father's ward … but if dreams did not lie, their direwolves had escaped. At Queenscrown, one had come out of the darkness to save Jon's life. Summer, it had to be. His fur was grey, and Shaggydog is black. He wondered if some part of his dead brothers lived on inside their wolves.

If I have my eyeballs and eyeglasses adjusted properly you are suggesting that Summer is gonna die therefore Bran is going to try to warg Ghost. I understand Bran fan’s want him to be a super sized BR, but the kid is only approximately 10-11 years old and BR is a little bit of bones and dead skin approximately 125 years old.

The wolves are not only connected to their warg they are connected to each other and other to Starks. Summer helped Jon at Queenscrown. Nymeria is the one who sniffed out the dead body of Cat after the RW.

I’ll never know if Robb or Sansa had wolf dreams. Arya while at Braavos continues to have wolf dreams. Rickon, I know nutin.

In the Jon/Ghost dream below whose point of view am I reading? It’s kinda hard to tell.

A Dance with Dragons - Jon I  Far off, he could hear his packmates calling to him, like to like. They were hunting too. A wild rain lashed down upon his black brother as he tore at the flesh of an enormous goat, washing the blood from his side where the goat's long horn had raked him. In another place, his little sister lifted her head to sing to the moon, and a hundred small grey cousins broke off their hunt to sing with her. The hills were warmer where they were, and full of food. Many a night his sister's pack gorged on the flesh of sheep and cows and horses, the prey of men, and sometimes even on the flesh of man himself.

"Snow," the moon called down again, cackling. The white wolf padded along the man trail beneath the icy cliff. The taste of blood was on his tongue, and his ears rang to the song of the hundred cousins. Once they had been six, five whimpering blind in the snow beside their dead mother, sucking cool milk from her hard dead nipples whilst he crawled off alone. Four remained … and one the white wolf could no longer sense.

On the next page Summer is revealed.

A Dance with Dragons - Jon I   The white wolf ran from it, racing toward the cave of night where the sun had hidden, his breath frosting in the air. On starless nights the great cliff was as black as stone, a darkness towering high above the wide world, but when the moon came out it shimmered pale and icy as a frozen stream. The wolf's pelt was thick and shaggy, but when the wind blew along the ice no fur could keep the chill out. On the other side the wind was colder still, the wolf sensed. That was where his brother was, the grey brother who smelled of summer

The thing of it is, Ghost, as I read it, is the alpha wolf, the wolf in the know. Will Jon/Ghost and Bran/Summer communicate now that LC Snow is incapacitated? :dunno:

There are some strange dreams flapping around in ASOIAF. Multiple people have them. Who causes them? Bran has on occasion prayed to the old gods for no dreams tonight.

If I look at the Jon/Ghost and Bran/Summer communication that transpires in CoK Jon VII and Bran VII in context of the chapters it is difficult to ascertain who is communicating with whom.

A Clash of Kings - Jon VII  When he closed his eyes, he dreamed of direwolves. There were five of them when there should have been six, and they were scattered, each apart from the others. He felt a deep ache of emptiness, a sense of incompleteness. The forest was vast and cold, and they were so small, so lost. His brothers were out there somewhere, and his sister, but he had lost their scent. He sat on his haunches and lifted his head to the darkening sky, and his cry echoed through the forest, a long lonely mournful sound. As it died away, he pricked up his ears, listening for an answer, but the only sound was the sigh of blowing snow. Jon?

A Clash of Kings - Bran VII   Here in the chill damp darkness of the tomb his third eye had finally opened. He could reach Summer whenever he wanted, and once he had even touched Ghost and talked to Jon. Though maybe he had only dreamed that

No, I don’t think Bran is going to take over Ghost. Bran is busy. He's busy skinchanging Hodor & exploring the cave system. He's busy warging Summer as he hunts outside the cave. He is busy flapping around as a raven. And he is melding with da tree.

On 24/02/2017 at 8:01 AM, TyrionTLannister said:

It might be necessary for the greater good. But I'm not sure that Jon and Bran will be on good terms when they next meet. The outline makes them out to be bitter enemies, and maybe GRRM hasn't totally abandoned that storyline. I can definitely see some conflict in their future. 

Jojen has said the wolves will come again, so I think Bran escape the cave and arrive at Winterfell, where Jon will leave Ghost when he goes south. 

The outline is bollocks, plain and simple. And if you don't want to take my word for it, ask @The Fattest Leech

And I don't think Bran taking over Ghost makes much sense...

On 2/24/2017 at 7:01 AM, TyrionTLannister said:

It might be necessary for the greater good. But I'm not sure that Jon and Bran will be on good terms when they next meet. The outline makes them out to be bitter enemies, and maybe GRRM hasn't totally abandoned that storyline. I can definitely see some conflict in their future. 

Jojen has said the wolves will come again, so I think Bran escape the cave and arrive at Winterfell, where Jon will leave Ghost when he goes south. 

Yeah, fortunately or unfortunately, that outline really does not mean much at all. George has said this many, many times, most recently I know of was in Mexico back in December, but also very clearly at Balticon last May. Also, one big thing that people tend to forget is that the ending was blacked out from the get go. No one knows the ending so what we were left with are the ever changing details.

According to that outline, Jaime should be king and Tyrion will fight Jon for the love of Arya, and so on. I actually prefer the books way better the way they are working out now.

Just now, The Fattest Leech said:

Yeah, fortunately or unfortunately, that outline really does not mean much at all. George has said this many, many times, most recently I know of was in Mexico back in December, but also very clearly at Balticon last May. Also, one big thing that people tend to forget is that the ending was blacked out from the get go. No one knows the ending so what we were left with are the ever changing details.

According to that outline, Jaime should be king and Tyrion will fight Jon for the love of Arya, and so on. I actually prefer the books way better the way they are working out now.

Abso-fucking-lutely! It seems clear (ok, hindsight is 20/20) that Martin didn't give this "outline" much thought. If I were to read that outline and a proper outline of what that books really are like and about, it's a no-brainer which one would interest me and which wouldn't. :dunno:

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

The outline is bollocks, plain and simple. And if you don't want to take my word for it, ask @The Fattest Leech

And I don't think Bran taking over Ghost makes much sense...

54 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

To expand on a post I just made the other day about this very subject... 

As far as I am concerned, whenever someone has to bring up the outline to support their argument, it is a Balerion sized strike against their argument...and a dread to read. It is a dire attempt to support their argument...using evidence as solid as a ghost.

4 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

But, the basic structure of the saga outlined in that letter--the three major conflicts (the War of the Five Kings, the Second Dance of the Dragons, and the War for the Dawn)--that survived, no? 

I'm sure the same can be said for the abomination of an adaption that d$d are giving us, no?

I'm still not going to acknowledge anything from the show, to support a theory about the books.

14 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

But, the basic structure of the saga outlined in that letter--the three major conflicts (the War of the Five Kings, the Second Dance of the Dragons, and the War for the Dawn)--that survived, no? 

I'm not so sure. The second dance was not mentioned in that outline. It was 1) Starks vs Lannisters, 2) Dothraki invasion, 3) the Others invasion as the "greatest threat". Danaerys "bides her time" in Essos and only stumbles on the dragon eggs later. It doesn't allude to much of a repeat dance at all.

http://www.businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-was-supposed-to-be-a-trilogy-2015-2

However, this is a great example of how the story was written ever so loosely and has changed along the way.

4 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

I'm sure the same can be said for the abomination of an adaption that d$d are giving us, no?

I'm still not going to acknowledge anything from the show, to support a theory about the books.

:agree:

Archived