[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

1 hour ago, Relic said:

Highgarden seemed to get caught unaware of the Lannister army marching upon them, and in turn the Lannister army got caught with their pants down by the Dothraki. How the FUCK does Jamie not have scouts in all directions ?? 

Because nobody does. Ramsay doesn't have them. Stannis doesn't have them. Yara doesn't have them.

There is a severe scout/lookout shortage in Westeros. Somebody needs to start a school or something.

On 8/7/2017 at 11:01 AM, SeanF said:

As Old Gimlet Eye said, one has to assume that Dothraki hordes and dragons are so common in Westeros that it didn't occur to the scouts that they might attack.

Don't mind little ol' us, we're just on our way to do usual Dragony stuff and Dorthraki stuff, like we always do.

Move along folks, nuthin' to see here.

2 hours ago, legba11 said:

3. I am hoping for the TWIST in this story that the IB has just been setting up Cersei this whole season.  "Thanks for your payment.  We've already lent it to that lady with dragons so she could bring The Golden Company to hold your former lands while she takes her dragons north.

100% agree, I got the same impression from her first convo with IBB Guy.

Ah, I've had a hectic few days, and finally have time to throw out my main complaint on the Arya homecoming and the stupid call back scene at the WF gate w the nameless guards.

First scene of Arya...........in the distance, viewing WF on a beautiful horse, looking perfectly fine, even respectable, hair blowing in the wind.  Again, what a beautiful white horse, looking fit.......perhaps, even worth money?

Cut to.......Arya on foot, looking perhaps a bit bedraggled.  Hair definitely flatter.  I'd be interested to see if she's still wearing the same clothes from the horse scene, but.....I've not had a chance to check.

It's so obvious that Arya had to be taken off the horse for the stupid scene to even have half a chance of working.  She had to all of the sudden look like a bit of a bedraggled peasant, horseless, for the Ds to do one of their now seemingly unending call back shots. 

We know, it wouldn't have worked with Arya on the beautiful horse in front of the gate with the stupid, no name guards.  Granted, it took a second watch for me to realize that they stole that horse from Arya for the scene, but perhaps all that dragon fire at the end distracted me.

PS........Where IS that fucking horse anyway.  Poor thing 

16 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

100% agree, I got the same impression from her first convo with IBB Guy.

I do suspect that once the outcome of the Field of Fire 2 is known, there might be a bit of a disagreement about the dispersion of that gold between Cersei and THE IBB.  Then again, I could just be foolish to think the Ds would follow up on such, LOL

1 hour ago, OldGimletEye said:

Because nobody does. Ramsay doesn't have them. Stannis doesn't have them. Yara doesn't have them.

There is a severe scout/lookout shortage in Westeros. Somebody needs to start a school or something.

Scouts make for boring tv, that's why. Without scouts you  can have sooo much more tension and suspense as one giant army literally sneaks up on a second giant army and pew-pew-pews them.

Fuck this show. 

4 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I do suspect that once the outcome of the Field of Fire 2 is known, there might be a bit of a disagreement about the dispersion of that gold between Cersei and THE IBB.  

After Field of Fire 2.0, I wonder how much the risk premium has gone up on Carol Bonds.

2 minutes ago, Relic said:

Scouts make for boring tv, that's why. Without scouts you  can have sooo much more tension and suspense as one giant army literally sneaks up on a second giant army and pew-pew-pews them.

Fuck this show. 

Themes and scouts are for 8th graders. LOL.

4 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Ah, I've had a hectic few days, and finally have time to throw out my main complaint on the Arya homecoming and the stupid call back scene at the WF gate w the nameless guards.

First scene of Arya...........in the distance, viewing WF on a beautiful horse, looking perfectly fine, even respectable, hair blowing in the wind.  Again, what a beautiful white horse, looking fit.......perhaps, even worth money?

Cut to.......Arya on foot, looking perhaps a bit bedraggled.  Hair definitely flatter.  I'd be interested to see if she's still wearing the same clothes from the horse scene, but.....I've not had a chance to check.

It's so obvious that Arya had to be taken off the horse for the stupid scene to even have half a chance of working.  She had to all of the sudden look like a bit of a bedraggled peasant, horseless, for the Ds to do one of their now seemingly unending call back shots. 

We know, it wouldn't have worked with Arya on the beautiful horse in front of the gate with the stupid, no name guards.  Granted, it took a second watch for me to realize that they stole that horse from Arya for the scene, but perhaps all that dragon fire at the end distracted me.

PS........Where IS that fucking horse anyway.  Poor thing 

I agree. Arya had every intention of making this a homecoming, as Arya Stark of Winterfell, therefore you'd expect her to want her to stable her horse in the castle's stables. Instead, apparently, she stables it outside, not sure where, because I have not seen much evidence of the wintertown even existing in the show. And as you say, it was all done as a throwback to that KL scene in season 1, only it took three times as long. It seems that D&D are using this season to have a whole bunch of throwbacks to the beginning, and may desire the story to come full circle, because that's "cool."

7 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I agree. Arya had every intention of making this a homecoming, as Arya Stark of Winterfell, therefore you'd expect her to want her to stable her horse in the castle's stables. Instead, apparently, she stables it outside, not sure where, because I have not seen much evidence of the wintertown even existing in the show. And as you say, it was all done as a throwback to that KL scene in season 1, only it took three times as long. It seems that D&D are using this season to have a whole bunch of throwbacks to the beginning, and may desire the story to come full circle, because that's "cool."

This does also bring me to my other complaint.  Why is WF the dirtiest, most disgusting, blue lit ruin up close?  It looks beautiful from afar, on the opening map, but a mess, and always blue lit.....up close?  Lady Olenna had a beautiful solar, but WF always looks like some second thought wooden monstrosity on the verge of falling apart.  I do like seeing the raised walkways, especially the ones that throw back to the first season, I realize it was burned, but WF IS FUCKING STONE AS WELL!!  Hence the walls stand, as well as much else.  I'd think Super Lady Sandra would be working on outfitting the place up again, right?  Being Super Lady, and having learned a lot from Cersei, ya'd think she could work some on cleaning the place up after Ramsey had it.  Plus, I'm really tired of the dreary blue light in the OUTDOOR courtyards.  That's before we get to the dark wooden interiors.  This is the seat of the most powerful family in the North.  It should look a little better than Castle Black up close.

I do love parts of the place...........but, it this is starting to piss me off. 

11 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

This does also bring me to my other complaint.  Why is WF the dirtiest, most disgusting, blue lit ruin up close?  It looks beautiful from afar, on the opening map, but a mess, and always blue lit.....up close?  Lady Olenna had a beautiful solar, but WF always looks like some second thought wooden monstrosity on the verge of falling apart.  I do like seeing the raised walkways, especially the ones that throw back to the first season, I realize it was burned, but WF IS FUCKING STONE AS WELL!!  Hence the walls stand, as well as much else.  I'd think Super Lady Sandra would be working on outfitting the place up again, right?  Being Super Lady, and having learned a lot from Cersei, ya'd think she could work some on cleaning the place up after Ramsey had it.  Plus, I'm really tired of the dreary blue light in the OUTDOOR courtyards.  That's before we get to the dark wooden interiors.  This is the seat of the most powerful family in the North.  It should look a little better than Castle Black up close.

WF is an outpost in the far North.  The North is rough and tumble, a hard life.  WF is meant to convey that sense of hardship.

On 8/7/2017 at 9:27 AM, PrinceOfTheSummerIsles said:

I am actually surprised that no one has mentioned it till now. And I'm sure this is only a small nitpick, but

A DRAGON'S SKELETON IS BLACK> DRAGONBONE IS BLACK!!!

I remember Tyrion mentioning something about the high iron content of a dragon's skeleton.

Littlefinger gives the valyrian steel daggor with the dragonbone hilt to Bran. (I assume he had the grip remade to have some gold artwork on top of the supposedly plain hilt). So happy to see that the hilt was black.

In the last episode, it killed me to see those magnificent dragon skulls in a dull white paint. It's a DRAGON'S SKULL YOU IDIOTS! THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AN IMPOSING, SHINY BLACK ONYX COLOUR. GIVE THEM RESPECT.

LOL  That crappy dragon head easily pierced by Qyburn's practice bolt did piss me off.  I get that the skulls were bone colored in the first season without a blockbuster budget, but at least it was pretty dark that first time they were shown.  They could have given us the black bones this season, I think, everything else gets handwaved away.  I'd rather have them keep it dark, or....yes, show us the beautiful black gleaming bone.  It does matter.  I grumbled at those decalcified bones in the last episode, not to mention the waste they made of Balerion's skull.  I guess it was Balerion.  I think GRRM's description of the bones is very beautiful. 

25 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Yep, I complained about this also.  WF looks like the brothel at the Wall.  Everything is old, dark and dirty. 

On 8/7/2017 at 9:31 AM, A Ghost of Someone said:

Cersei and Littlefinger are souring this show. They are past the expiration date and making everying else near them seem less appealing just like rotten food in a refrigerator.

BINGO!!  For reasons in book and even show, Cersei is well past her 'use by' date, especially as a full fledged and followed leader.  LF, it's hard to say, I'm think the Ds wrote LF into a corner of their own devising, but, both need to go.  Twisting logic in knots, as well as just marking time as well, is making the entire story suffer.  Just like bad food, the smell is contaminating all around it, LOL

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

WF looks like the brothel at the Wall.  Everything is old, dark and dirty. 

No wonder LF feels right at home. Wonder where they are keeping the dollar peep show at.

32 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Yeah, there's candle wax all over the tables, they just stick them right on and let them drip, you'd think even small folk would have thought: candleholder would be nice, maybe stick it in a dish or something. Of course, such things are beneath Sandra's notice as a woman on top, she's got to tell the armorers how to make armor.

On 7. 8. 2017 at 4:40 AM, Corvinus said:

Some issues with your comments:

• Dothraki charging at a shield wall is not surprising; they are not particularly known for clever tactics; they hold foot soldiers in contempt; at the battle of Qohor they charged at the Unsullied twelve times before they learned.

Sorry to intervene but I have to put this one out.

This has nothing to do with cleverness of a rider, it is simply impossible for a horse to charge into a spear wall or into an obstacle because horses aren't dumb, they have a survivor instinct. Instead they'd either stop completely few meters from the obstacle (making them vulnerable) or go for a nearest opening, a hole in the enemy infantry line. That (last one) was actually a valid tactics fighting the so called more 'cavalry' typed nations/armies. Rome did it to nullify Carthage elephant charges for example.

To be fair though, it is not your fault, Hollywood does love these 'smash onto spears' cavalry charges since, well, ever and thus wrongly portray how armies would fight in medieval/ancient era. There's more (very common and often dumb) 'hollywodish' mistakes as well but let's leave that for some other time.

Archived