UK/ Ireland/ Euro meet in April / May?

zakalwe7

One of the reasons I have always respected Zak on the board is that he is clearly his own man who makes his own decisions and is not to be influenced or coerced by anyone else.

:D

And sorry to say this Niamh but Aer Lingus has just started charging you for checking in baggage. ;)

Shower of irish bastards.

YORK 11 : Ten, Sean, Ratty, Iceman,Vestrit, Slick mongoose, Isis, Sophelia, Maltaran, Chal, Mel

OXFORD 11: Zak, Wert, mormont, BoG, williamjm, Prod, Isis, needle, niamh, Hereward, Mel

:rolleyes:

:lol:

Well CD, Paddy, Barry, pod, GoN and Daj and Aoife, Oh and Flip and John. And MS, at least haven't said anything yet. With Isis and mel, that makes at least 10 interesting people to be bribed yet :P

eta: Forgot Z :rolleyes:

I have no real preference for either one really, but I kinda have this sort of idea in my head that there might be a much better of Hereward turning up if we choose Oxford than if we choose York, and I think that'd be a very good thing.

But for all I know, the git could be staunchly against ever meeting up with us eejits again :P

Apart from that, I would have thought the choice should go to whichever one is the best choice for accommodation, which would require a bit of research. We can then pick the one that has the best/cheapest option.

Niamh, something that might help as far as the flights go: Lately, I've been flying from Belfast International Airport, using Easyjet. Checking their website, they fly from Belfast International to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Liverpool, Bristol, Stanstead, Luton and Gatwick and I've so far found their prices to be far cheaper than Ryanair, Aer Lingus or any of the other airlines that fly from Belfast or Dublin to the UK. (and also, they dont charge for luggage: my attitude is that I'm voting against the charges with my custom :P)

Apart from that, I would have thought the choice should go to whichever one is the best choice for accommodation booze, which would require a bit of research. We can then pick the one that has the best/cheapest option.

Fixed :D

Niamh, something that might help as far as the flights go: Lately, I've been flying from Belfast International Airport, using Easyjet. Checking their website, they fly from Belfast International to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Liverpool, Bristol, Stanstead, Luton and Gatwick and I've so far found their prices to be far cheaper than Ryanair, Aer Lingus or any of the other airlines that fly from Belfast or Dublin to the UK. (and also, they dont charge for luggage: my attitude is that I'm voting against the charges with my custom :P )

I tend to vote against charges myself. But, how far is Belfast from Wexford :unsure: . Unfortunately it takes too long to get there. I did use bmi though to get to London last time, and it was a good option. They land at Heathrow and didn't charge for luggage. Better not miss your plane though as I found out :D

I can spend some weekends in Oxford researching this easily enough, any volunteers for York? :P

Does that mean you and pads vote for Oxford?

I've been looking into accommodation in Oxford for a couple of hours while chatting Zollo up in oschat ;)

Links to come soon. There isn't much (as in, central, likely to accept 20 odd people without throwing you out straight away, and big enough)

Links coming in a bit CD.

If you can get there, look up at the tourism office. I bet loads of flats aren't up on the net.

Hostels are plenty, but people want self-catering. As for York, the one link that was provided is worrying, as they charge £105 per person for 3 days ...total would be like 2 grand :|

Does that mean you and pads vote for Oxford?

Links coming in a bit CD. If you can get there, look up at the tourism office.

Nah, I don't speak for him on this, and I'm not bothered enough either way to vote. I really liked Oxford and haven't been there in 5 years, so I figure it warrents a return journey, but I've never seen York and I love seeing new places. I was simply volunteering to spend time drinking in Oxford between now and then :P

If I do make it to Oxford, I'll definitely stop in at the tourism office and see what they have.

I vote Oxford! Not a hard choice when I live in Northamptonshire. I haven't been there since I bombed out of my university interview last month but, excepting interview trauma, I found it an awesome city and it's just down the road. I could totally do a May meet there. :)

Seeing your nickname, I'm not surprised :D

Here be links:

http://www.a1tourism.com/uk/apartinoxford.html (central and nice. no price advertised)

http://www.ufroxford.com/ (probably the best, if they still rent it.)

http://www.oxfordcity.co.uk/accom/cosca/index.html (bit small)

http://www.totaltravel.co.uk/travel/london...bridge-cottages (2 miles out, but big, right by the river and looking awesome)

YORK 11 : Ten, Sean, Ratty, Iceman,Vestrit, Slick mongoose, Isis, Sophelia, Maltaran, Chal, Barry

OXFORD 13: Zak, Wert, mormont, BoG, williamjm, Prod, Isis, needle, niamh, Hereward, Mel, Alaerien, Paddy

Archived