UK/ Ireland/ Euro meet in April / May?

zakalwe7

Don't pressure me, mofo. *glares* What happens when we cancel out the people that don't mind where it is? Nevermind, I'll work it out...

You have to make a selection, Mel...which list did you want to be put on?

That, or, as it is even at the moment, I dont mind doing a coin flip for us all. I promise to be completely truthful as to what the result is, and I will even let someone from the York side call heads or tails.

Yeah, that didn't help at all as it's 7:7. Thanks for taking so long to work that out Prod - I'd counted it myself by the time you got there. Sheesh, some of us have been at work today you know. :rolleyes:

Make the casting vote, Mel!

Didn't realise I was being so cryptic...you were ages writing your post, if you had been quicker I would have known that you had already counted up the votes for each venue. BUT you were so slow that I had already counted it myself by the time you posted. Do you get it yet or do I need to clarify anything for you?

n00b

I can't take the pressure , I'm fine with either . Lke I said I'd be coming up sat PM so train from London to York or Oxford . It's much of a muchness , get on train , drink , get off train . Ta da . :dunno:

That's bloody helpful, that is :P

Re Stansted, It's opposite from Oxford I recall, so it doesn't make much sense to land there, when most companies let you land in Gatwick. Probably handier for York.

Put me on a bloody list , I feel shunned :(

eta - it's my son's birthday on the 26th , so I will join youse sat Pm for the rest of the stay .

Done :kiss:

That's bloody helpful, that is :P

Done :kiss:

Sorry , I really have no pref , really . Gatwick is definately handier than Stanstead , travel wise . There are definately shuttles between airports , I use them frequently . Gatwick however is more expensive in terms of ticket prices and taxes , so meh .

Thanks chick :kiss:

Ya know mel, the cheapest to London is actually Aer Lingus. Considering they let you take your luggage for free (the cheek of that! 2 pieces!), and they land in Heathrow, AND the planes are actually comfortable, AND the crew doesn't look utterly harassed and knackered, the 10 or 20 quid extra are in fact well spent.

Now for York, wouldn't it be handier to land at Teeside? (for those in the know) Though I don't remember if Ryanair does Teeside :unsure:

eta: yes Dublin does teeside airport. (Now to check if Luton has buses to Oxford, for the irish crowd. Though it seems all continental flights land in Stansted at any rate :unsure: )

Good thing we discarded the Cardiff/western England option, since Bristol airport's new runway seems to be FUBAR.

We do need to get the fencesitters to plonk for a choice. Due to this being the Bank Holiday weekend we're talking about, we're probably going to have to start booking and stuff pretty soon to be sure of getting accomodation for then, otherwise we're going to lose it and reschedule, which will no doubt prove difficult for a lot of people (such as that I just got the week off confirmed today and my manger would probably be unimpressed if I had to start moving it around).

So Oxford (my choice) or York people?

Although this was quite funny, from Wiki:

The River Thames runs through Oxford, where for a distance of some 10 miles it is known as the Isis.

:D

[innocent observation]

I note that Oxford's pubs are so noteworthy they even have their own subsection on the Wiki page (basically screaming out to be visited, in order, with 2-3 drinks consumed at each to compare them fairly), whilst York's do not...

[/innocent observation]

Needle, on a totally unrelated subject, Zak seems to be down for both York and Oxford, seems like there is a vote up for grabs. :P

And sorry to say this Niamh but Aer Lingus has just started charging you for checking in baggage. ;) Although you are right that there are still advantages with flying with them (it been cheaper to get into London from Heathrow as another example).

Leeds Bradford is the closest airport to York btw, which Ryanair flys to from Dublin. (Although I imagine Teeside isn't far. Or Doncaster and a few others either)

And i'm sure continental flights land in most of the London airports from most major European cities?

Archived