Professional Wrestling: Smark I

Xray the Enforcer

R.I.P Vader:crying:

According to his official Twitter account, former WCW Heavyweight Champion Big Van Vader, real name Leon White, has passed away at the age of 63 after struggling with a severe case of pneumonia.  His son posted the following:

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/967263-big-van-vader-passes-away-at-the-age-of-63

One of the imposing wrestlers I have ever seen. View his work in WCW and Japan for a full appreciation.

Pairing him with Lashley wasn't a bad idea, in terms of getting Lashley over. Zayn's good enough on the mic, and in the ring to sell most things. It's was the writing, no one could make that work.

And I enjoyed the Kevin and Sami show while it lasted.

So did I read the following here or elsewhere?  Sorry if I can't remember.  Anyway, the idea Ciampa would take the title from Black, then Gargano would win it - maybe at the pre-Summerslam Takeover - seems to be gaining steam.  That sounds pretty great and easy, which is Paul's bread and butter.

4 minutes ago, The BelgianBear said:

Pairing him with Lashley wasn't a bad idea, in terms of getting Lashley over. Zayn's good enough on the mic, and in the ring to sell most things. It's was the writing, no one could make that work.

Yeah except it destroyed the potential of building Lashley up as a Lesner type (which was feasible) and left Zayn to do comedy skits with "Lashley's sisters."  Ugh.  Anyway, get well soon Zayn!

13 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

Yeah except it destroyed the potential of building Lashley up as a Lesner type (which was feasible) and left Zayn to do comedy skits with "Lashley's sisters."  Ugh.  Anyway, get well soon Zayn!

If they wanted to do that he'd be a heel. Instead they want to make him relatable, which is dumb. What does the average wrestling fan have in common with him?

9 minutes ago, The BelgianBear said:

If they wanted to do that he'd be a heel. Instead they want to make him relatable, which is dumb. What does the average wrestling fan have in common with him?

I distinctly recall the moment Lesner came in and F-5'ed Cena.  It'd be fair to say he was a face at that point, no?  One could build on that, conceivably.

5 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

I distinctly recall the moment Lesner came in and F-5'ed Cena.  It'd be fair to say he was a face at that point, no?  One could build on that, conceivably.

You think he's going to go over Roman? 'Cos that's the only way that happens.

40 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

So did I read the following here or elsewhere?  Sorry if I can't remember.  Anyway, the idea Ciampa would take the title from Black, then Gargano would win it - maybe at the pre-Summerslam Takeover - seems to be gaining steam.  That sounds pretty great and easy, which is Paul's bread and butter.

I figured this was the plan from the start of the whole fued.

10 hours ago, DMBouazizi said:

Lesnar has never really been a static face or heel since his return.  He's basically just been Brock Lesnar.  He's a cocky asshole and people either like him or hate him for it, and they cheer him or boo him depending on the match-up.  I personally love his "give no fucks" interviews.  The problem is that he's just gotten incredibly lazy in the ring and clearly doesn't give a shit about putting on good matches.

9 hours ago, briantw said:

Lesnar has never really been a static face or heel since his return.  He's basically just been Brock Lesnar.  He's a cocky asshole and people either like him or hate him for it, and they cheer him or boo him depending on the match-up.  I personally love his "give no fucks" interviews.  The problem is that he's just gotten incredibly lazy in the ring and clearly doesn't give a shit about putting on good matches.

Yeah, I think it's whether he respects his opponent. He clearly respects AJ, he really turned up to their Survivor Series match.

Watching the UK championship Day 1 stuff, and have just got to the womens triple threat.

Some good matches so far, but I wouldn't say great. Also I'm not sure how great the venue is, there's very little crowd noise...

One thing that jumped out to me: Jack Gallagher appeared to be wrestling as a face again, (it helped he was against arch heel Zack Gibson.) He's so much more interesting as a face, there's so much more inventive escapes and reversals.

1 hour ago, The BelgianBear said:

Watching the UK championship Day 1 stuff, and have just got to the womens triple threat.

Some good matches so far, but I wouldn't say great. Also I'm not sure how great the venue is, there's very little crowd noise...

They really struggled to sell tickets for the shows. The crowd was not full.

9 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Team Hell No is back together, because why not?

Gives Bryan something to do for a while.  I assume it'll be Miz taking the title off of AJ so they can build to a Miz/Bryan match at some point, because obviously they have to do that.  

Really wish they had given Miz the briefcase, though, because him cashing in to steal the title right after Bryan won it would have been an incredible moment.  The heat would have been insane.

I did see some people were speculating when BB and Bryan had a moment at the Gauntlet match last week, Team Hell No would be the result.

If Glenn Jacobs wins the election, this'll almost certainly be the last time they can use him. Except a one off final match with Taker what else would they want to do with him?

And Bryan's contract is up in September I think, so they'll want him to resign before they stick him in major title contention.

Also it was just a lovely moment, you heartless monsters... And then Paige came out and made a totally unnecessary announcement that undercut it...

Getting into the second day of UK Championship, looks full, much hotter crowd, what a difference it makes.

I think I might prefer the term 'Fourway Fatal.'

I'm really struck by how laid back the British guys entrances are.

That NA Championship is such a nice belt, in WWE second only to the IC.

Archived