U.S. Politics: Who's Cohen Down?

LongRider

1 minute ago, dmc515 said:

Um, I was originally responding to this:

I know, made that radical assumption you were talking about the US bombings.  But whatever, I'm more than happy to let things lie as long as you don't guilt me like a Catholic/Jewish mom.

I was responding to your carte Blanche comment of what missiles strikes ‘try’ to do, as relates to the prior discussion which, again, you brought up, again, and directed my way. So you send me a notification, bring up a past argument, several times slight my reasoning in same, and then are sarcastic about my actually addressing your comments, like ‘where did that come from?’ And this is me taking the artificial high ground? That’s honestly kind of endearing.

I am reserving judgment on these strikes until I know more. Crazy, I know. I am pretty much a pacifist in general, but many of my arguments are dampened if there are things like actual international accordance, etc. 

I literally just got up and all this went off while I was asleep. But you do you, man. 

9 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Westeros: Infinity War pt. I

Starring:

dmc515 as Tomahawk Missile Raccoon

James Arryn as QuitSilver

I don't think this is  the first time this has happened.  According to one  popular trop/science fiction theory of the universe , everything  that ever happens, happens again. If this the caee then Infinity War pt 1 has already happened and will happen all over again in the next universe.   ;)

3 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

I was responding to your carte Blanche comment of what missiles strikes ‘try’ to do, as relates to the prior discussion which, again, you brought up, again, and directed my way. So you send me a notification, bring up a past argument, several times slight my reasoning in same, and then are sarcastic about my actually addressing your comments, like ‘where did that come from?’ And this is me taking the artificial high ground? That’s honestly kind of endearing.

First, I have no idea what "carte blanche" arguments I was making, but all I did in notifying you was this:

13 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Not incidentally, it's also interesting that a year ago when all this happened in a similar fashion, you and @James Arryn ran out a litany of insults when I expressed support for Trump bombing military targets. 

I could of not notified you, but I did so because if I was mentioning someone in any type of negative light (not that that's how I meant it, but I could see how you'd perceive it that way), I'd like to be notified.  That was all.  In the future I will not notify you, sorry. 

3 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

I don't think this is  the first time this has happened.  According to one  popular trop/science fiction theory of the universe , everything  that ever happens, happens again. If this the caee then Infinity War pt 1 has already happened and will happen all over again in the next universe.   ;)

Here’s you quoting Marx. 

Just now, dmc515 said:

First, I have no idea what "carte blanche" arguments I was making, but all I did in notifying you was this:

I could of not notified you, but I did so because if I was mentioning someone in any type of negative light (not that that's how I meant it, but I could see how you'd perceive it that way), I'd like to be notified.  That was all.  In the future I will not notify you, sorry. 

Sigh.

I am fairly obviously not criticizing you for notifying me, but for notifying me while citing a past argument, resuming past argument and criticizing my position, and then when I respond acting all ‘no touching’ and confused as to why I am commenting on past argument rather than current events. Seriously, you are normally better than this crap, even when we disagree. 

White conservative america when told it will cost $55M to replace to the pipes in Flint Michigan so people stop having lead contaminated water: Don't spend money in a wasteful manner.

Also white conservative america: cheering on $224 million of tomahawk missiles being launched at Syria. 

white conservative america loves dead people of color to the point of having no issue with money being pissed away on killing them, and hates the idea of spending less money to help them. 

I'm starting to wonder...

...Could Trump Executive Order himself something fairly closely resembling the old Sedition Act from centuries past?  A version that might actually hold up to court challenge?  Especially with a Conservative Court?

If so, he might see that as a solution to his woes...

2 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Sigh.

I am fairly obviously not criticizing you for notifying me, but for notifying me while citing a past argument, resuming past argument and criticizing my position, and then when I respond acting all ‘no touching’ and confused as to why I am commenting on past argument rather than current events. Seriously, you are normally better than this crap, even when we disagree. 

Sigh indeed.  I wasn't confused or acting aloof when you commented on the argument, I was very clearly criticizing your response - sorry if it was in a smartass way but that's how you entered the discussion.  You got one thing right though, this is fucking stupid, I'm done arguing about arguing.  Like to think we're both better than that.

14 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

If this the caee then Infinity War pt 1 has already happened

Well then why can't I get tickets?

3 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

Could Trump Executive Order himself something fairly closely resembling the old Sedition Act from centuries past?  A version that might actually hold up to court challenge?  Especially with a Conservative Court?

No.

13 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

You put it past Trump to try?

No, I don't put it past any court to accept any EO resembling Adams' Sedition Acts.  It would be a plain violation of the first amendment based on mountains of precedent.  Now, the interesting thing is the "Alien" aspect of Adams' acts.  Those may well get some conservative votes, but wouldn't be accepted by SCOTUS as long as Kennedy is around.

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I hope the Great Leader is watching Fox this morning, because the CNN guy in Syria just said that the Regime forces were laughing at the 'small' scale of destruction.

Fake news, just like the lying liars who lied about the size of his inauguration. 

Just now, LongRider said:

Fake news, just like the lying liars who lied about the size of his inauguration. 

Speaking of, the Pentagon says that Russian Troll ops have increased by 2,000 percent since the strike.

I'm inclined to believe it too, because just glancing at the comments of my new Twitter showed some shit that is obnoxiously lazy in its attempts to discredit and divide.

4 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Speaking of, the Pentagon says that Russian Troll ops have increased by 2,000 percent since the strike.

I'm inclined to believe it too, because just glancing at the comments of my new Twitter showed some shit that is obnoxiously lazy in its attempts to discredit and divide.

Discredit...Trump? Have you checked to make sure it wasn’t actually Trump?

9 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Discredit...Trump? Have you checked to make sure it wasn’t actually Trump?

Specifically with that I was referring to the two black dudes arrested for being in a Starbucks. The comments thread of the boycott Starbucks page is filled with lazy anonymous Eggs declaring that the Liberal Mainstream Starbucks is proof that Republicans love black people.

8 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Specifically with that I was referring to the two black dudes arrested for being in a Starbucks. The comments thread of the boycott Starbucks page is filled with lazy anonymous Eggs declaring that the Liberal Mainstream Starbucks is proof that Republicans love black people.

It’s so crazy it might be true!

But really, that video was depressingly believable, maybe especially the completely ‘this is normal’ expressions on the faces of the guys getting arrested. 

1 minute ago, James Arryn said:

It’s so crazy it might be true!

But really, that video was depressingly believable, maybe especially the completely ‘this is normal’ expressions on the faces of the guys getting arrested. 

Yeah, it's like sure. If you want to be divisive at least put in some effort and make good points about the total lack of follow-through by Dems. But when one of the comments is "this proves Conservatives care about Blacks and Libs don't" highlighting the white dude who's asking completely legitimate questions, I just get bored.

And yeah, that video was fucking horrifying. Between that and the kid who got shot at asking for directions to school I feel physically ill this afternoon. It's disgusting.

Archived