NFL Thread: "Terrell Owens does what?" edition

Red Tiger

2 minutes ago, briantw said:

I just don't understand why you'd draft Josh Allen when Rosen and Jackson were still on the board.  Hell, I would have taken Rudolph over Allen too.

I agree, but I also wonder how Baker Mayfield went first, or how Jackson wasn't drafted ahead of most of them.  I also think Allen will be a bust, but it will be hilarious when he turns out to be the best QB in the draft after y'all shat on him, cuz that's how it goes.  I thought Roethlisberger was a dumb pick.

6 minutes ago, briantw said:

I just don't understand why you'd draft Josh Allen when Rosen and Jackson were still on the board.  Hell, I would have taken Rudolph over Allen too.

Yep but at least it seems to have dropped Rosen in the perfect position to develop. I would have said the same of Jackson but it seems the ravens are doing some weird two quarterback wildcat shit with him instead of developing.

2 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

I agree, but I also wonder how Baker Mayfield went first, or how Jackson wasn't drafted ahead of most of them.  I also think Allen will be a bust, but it will be hilarious when he turns out to be the best QB in the draft after y'all shat on him, cuz that's how it goes.  I thought Roethlisberger was a dumb pick.

Mayfield went first because he had the best overall prospect profile.  Elite numbers in college, great arm strength, measured a bit taller than people expected, and nailed his interviews.

I'd have ranked them: Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, Jackson, Rudolph, and then Allen.  Allen should have been a day three pick.

3 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

They probably liked his attitude the best, given that there wasn't a ton of separation between the top guys. I honestly would have gone Rosen>Mayfield>Jackson>Darnold>Allen. I never got the Darnold hype. 

2 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

We no longer question the Browns' picks .we merely embrace and enjoy the dumpster fire from a safe distance.

And I agree that qb picks seem to elude plotting.  But I think the cardinals and jets have got the best situations for their young signal callers .

1 minute ago, briantw said:

Mayfield went first because he had the best overall prospect profile.  Elite numbers in college, great arm strength, measured a bit taller than people expected, and nailed his interviews.

Mayfield ranked first is overrating performance, which can be based on systems.  It's like the niners picking Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers.  I'd put Rosen, Darnold, and Jackson in a first tier then Mayfield and Allen in the next (dunno why Rudolph is in the discussion).

6 minutes ago, chiKanery et al. said:

They probably liked his attitude the best, given that there wasn't a ton of separation between the top guys. I honestly would have gone Rosen>Mayfield>Jackson>Darnold>Allen. I never got the Darnold hype. 

Meh attitude is overrated.  Tim Tebow had a great attitude and he's still playing for the Binghamton Rumble Ponies.  I'm not making that up.

6 minutes ago, Vin said:

We no longer question the Browns' picks .we merely embrace and enjoy the dumpster fire from a safe distance.

Agree there.  Pretty sure a law of physics is if you're picked by the Browns in the first round, you will be a bust.

I think an organization that should be called out for their shitty draft is the raiders . I had them pegged for Fitzpatrick but they ended up shitting themselves and handing the cardinals a bargain.

45 minutes ago, briantw said:

Yeah it was fucking hilarious.  I loved when he called TO out for blowing all of his NFL money.  

It was fantastic. I hated that Dallas signed him. Between him and Hardy I almost stopped rooting for Dallas. The best part is that TO started the drama and then flipped out when it came back to bite him. Man I love that show sometimes.

38 minutes ago, Vin said:

I do feel like TO skipping is his exact style and to be honest the guy did get snubbed . 

Josh Allen is thoroughly unimpressive , I don't understand the pick and quiet frankly I don't understand the bills as an organization. They seem to specialize in mediocrity.

BTW being an Eagles fan , does Wentz seem slower and sloppier now in practice or is it just me ? Please let it be just me .

As a Cowboys fan, well..it would be crappy of me as a person to say I hope it's not just you! In all fairness the guy seems like a legit leader and a good person. If only he wasn't playing for that team.

24 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

Mayfield ranked first is overrating performance, which can be based on systems.  It's like the niners picking Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers.  I'd put Rosen, Darnold, and Jackson in a first tier then Mayfield and Allen in the next (dunno why Rudolph is in the discussion).

Eh...I think that implies that Mayfield doesn't have an elite NFL arm, which is just not true.  He can make all the throws.

1 minute ago, briantw said:

Eh...I think that implies that Mayfield doesn't have an elite NFL arm, which is just not true.  He can make all the throws.

Disagree.  I think comparing to him to Alex Smith's career is being an optimist.

1 minute ago, DMBouazizi said:

Disagree.  I think comparing to him to Alex Smith's career is being an optimist.

You disagree that he has an NFL arm?  Have you not watched him play?  He can make every throw.

Hell, his arm strength was almost as good as Allen's, only unlike Allen he can actually hit his receivers consistently. 

I don't know what "NFL arm" means until a QB plays in the NFL.  Plenty have had arm strength that doesn't work in the NFL due to a multitude of factors.  Now, do some clearly not have the arm strength for the NFL - like Tebow?  Sure.  And yes, Alex Smith's arm strength is incredibly sub-par as well.  I did not mean to compare Mayfield to either based on that, if that's what you mean.

Mayfield was only a question due to height and those two bad, idiotic decisions. He has a big arm and was the most accurate by far. His leadership and respect of his teammates is unquestioned and was actually a big selling point to the Browns.

Allen and Rudolph are not even comparable to him. 

21 minutes ago, dbunting said:

As a Cowboys fan, well..it would be crappy of me as a person to say I hope it's not just you! In all fairness the guy seems like a legit leader and a good person. If only he wasn't playing for that team.

Right ? He's a legitimately likable guy ! He's practically the lord and Savior for us in Philly . At the very least we have a good backfield that can take the pressure off him when he first comes back until he's back in gear .

Edit : my quarterback evaluation went Rosen >mayfield>darnold>Jackson >Allen 

1 minute ago, Vin said:

Right ? He's a legitimately likable guy ! He's practically the lord and Savior for us in Philly . At the very least we have a good backfield that can take the pressure off him when he first comes back until he's back in gear .

Sorry, can't agree. Just typing somewhat of a compliment about an eggle made me throw up a little.

2 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Sorry, can't agree. Just typing somewhat of a compliment about an eggle made me throw up a little.

It's okay , now that we're champs I could just shrug dem boys comments right off. Also it doesn't hurt that I think dak Prescott is gonna flame out soon .

2 minutes ago, Vin said:

It's okay , now that we're champs I could just shrug dem boys comments right off. Also it doesn't hurt that I think dak Prescott is gonna flame out soon .

This season will be the tell. I really think Dez being gone will be a good thing for the team as a whole. He wasn't nearly as good the last two years but still expected the ball as if he was.

Dez Bryant is a wannabe TO, which reminds me of what I wanted to say the first time I saw this thread title - why are we still giving Terrell Owens attention?!?  Wasn't it clear, like, fifteen years ago that he's an attention whore that's best simply ignored?

Archived