Jaime L

NBA 2018: Fear the Deer

Eh, self correction on Harden’s numbers...averaging 52 over the last 5 , all unassisted. 44 is what he’s averaging over the last 30, but a few of those were assisted. 

Giannis is a fucking god. Watching him routinely dunk over a crowd of defenders is nothing short of amazing. What a time to be a Bucks fan. I love this fucking team!

Yeah there's some guys playing fantastic ball this season.

Golden State is flying high again and look absolutely ubeatable by any team'.

Durant's great even though he looks to be coasting, taking it fairly easy. Thompson and Curry are on fire and Cousins is back..

Harden's been on a tear.

Giannis has been incredible and so has Joel Embidd, with some able help from Ben Simmons. 

Kahwi's played some superb games for Toronto.

Elsewhere, Anthony Davis is wasting another year at the Pelicans, who are now as good as out of the playoffs conversation.

Wow, AD requested a trade. Guess Lakers gonna kiss goodbye to Ball, Ingram, Hart, and some draft picks. 

NBA landscape is about to change, big time

11 minutes ago, Relic said:

Wow, AD requested a trade. Guess Lakers gonna kiss goodbye to Ball, Ingram, Hart, and some draft picks. 

NBA landscape is about to change, big time

Boston maybe? I read something about Kyrie having some designated player thing that makes it difficult for them though.

Also, I don't know if it is the coach, medical staff, players or just plain bad luck, but NO seems to have a lot of injury issues. I think it has been the case for several years now.

13 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

Boston maybe? I read something about Kyrie having some designated player thing that makes it difficult for them though.

Also, I don't know if it is the coach, medical staff, players or just plain bad luck, but NO seems to have a lot of injury issues. I think it has been the case for several years now.

It can;t be boston until July, due to the Rose rule or whatever. I think Celtics would have to trade Kyrie first...

Correction - The Celtics would have to include Kyrie in the deal for AD. Don;t see why the Pels would want that tho

Edited by Relic

Yep, Boston would have to trade Kyrie before dealing for AD:

Both Davis and Irving signed their contract extensions under the “Rose Rule,” named after point guard Derrick Rose because he was the first player to sign such an extension. The “Rose Rule” allows certain players coming off their rookie-scale contracts to earn 30 percent of the salary cap as opposed to 25 percent. To be eligible, a player must have achieved one of three accolades during the first four seasons of his career: MVP award, Defensive Player of the Year award, or two All-NBA selections. (When Davis and Irving inked their extensions in 2015 and 2014, respectively, two All-Star starter nods was in place of DPOY.)

NBA teams cannot trade for more than one player who has signed an extension under the “Rose Rule” — a limitation that is only applicable when the players are still on their “Rose Rule” extensions. The Celtics acquired Irving via trade in August 2017, so they cannot deal for Davis — or any other player that has signed such an extension — until Irving leaves or agrees to a new deal. Irving will become an unrestricted free agent at the conclusion of this season and has expressed his intention to re-sign with the Celtics. The earliest he can do so is July 1, 2019.

After Irving’s future in Boston is established under a new contract — or after he signs with another team, an outcome that is still possible in spite of his vocalized plan — the Celtics will be unhampered to trade for Davis, who is scheduled to become a free agent in 2021. The only way they could trade for Davis before the February trade deadline this season is to include Irving in the deal.

52 minutes ago, Relic said:

https://tradenba.com/players?tid=20&tid=19

Never gonna happen, but man it would be sweet

I'm no trade expert but if not mistaken you just put in the entire Knicks roster into the trade machine for the entire Pels roster. Everything going ok there big guy? 

25 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

I'm no trade expert but if not mistaken you just put in the entire Knicks roster into the trade machine for the entire Pels roster. Everything going ok there big guy? 

haha, it didnt show the trade, damn. and yeah id trade em all straight up 

22 minutes ago, Relic said:

haha, it didnt show the trade, damn. and yeah id trade em all straight up 

What did you put in? 

2 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

What did you put in? 

I had KP, Hardaway, 2021 1st round, 2023 first round for AD straight up. Pair him with KD next year and we're in business....

3 hours ago, Relic said:

I had KP, Hardaway, 2021 1st round, 2023 first round for AD straight up. Pair him with KD next year and we're in business....

Not the worst offer. KP offers some of the freakish young cornerstone ability they're losing in AD. The issue now is his value's in question as a 7'3" guy who has missed a year with a lower body injury. That's kinda scary,  And those draft picks become less valuable with AD playing for the Knicks. He alone can probably carry the Knicks into the playoffs (or 35+ wins minimum) in the East.

That said, not like Ingram, Ball and Tatum have lit the world on fire this year either. 

Edited by Jaime L

6 hours ago, Relic said:

https://tradenba.com/players?tid=20&tid=19

Never gonna happen, but man it would be sweet

I've read elsewhere that the Knicks are going after Davis hard, and I think they can probably offer a better package than the Lakers.  

The Lakers really should have tried to trade some of their young guys over the summer, because the shine has worn off pretty much their entire roster at this point.  None of those young guys look like they're worth anything close to Anthony Davis.

Just hard to see the Pelicans sending him to LA when some other team will surely be able to offer a better package.  We've seen this dance several times now with stars demanding trades with a year left on their deals.  There's gonna be a team out there willing to pay for the chance to convince Davis to sign with them long-term, and they'll almost certainly be able to pay more than the shit package the Lakers can offer.

Edit: At any rate, I don't think he's traded until the offseason unless someone offers something insane.  Makes more sense to wait until the summer when Boston can offer more and they know where all the lottery picks land.

Edited by briantw

Didn't Davis's trade request say that he wants to go to a winning team?  The Knicks should be banned from even trying if that's the case as long as Jimmy D is the owner.  I'm glad Boston looks like it may miss out.  I think due to him being with LeBron's buddy's agency he will likely go to the Lakers for Ball and Ingram and stuff.  Good.

52 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Didn't Davis's trade request say that he wants to go to a winning team?  The Knicks should be banned from even trying if that's the case as long as Jimmy D is the owner.  I'm glad Boston looks like it may miss out.  I think due to him being with LeBron's buddy's agency he will likely go to the Lakers for Ball and Ingram and stuff.  Good.

He can request to be traded wherever he wants.  The Pelicans can also tell him to fuck off and send him wherever they want.  They're not required to respect his wishes.  Their job is to get the best return possible, and we've seen multiple times now that, despite what a star player may want, the team will send him to whoever gives them what they want.

Also, the Pelicans just requested the league to open a tampering investigation, which is obviously targeted at the Lakers, so I can't see any way they'd trade him there anyway.

Edited by briantw

4 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Vegas line has Raptors as favourites to land Davis, which I honestly don’t really get. 

WTF?

4 hours ago, briantw said:

He can request to be traded wherever he wants.  The Pelicans can also tell him to fuck off and send him wherever they want.  They're not required to respect his wishes.  Their job is to get the best return possible, and we've seen multiple times now that, despite what a star player may want, the team will send him to whoever gives them what they want.

Also, the Pelicans just requested the league to open a tampering investigation, which is obviously targeted at the Lakers, so I can't see any way they'd trade him there anyway.

Sorry  I didn't mean it as a Butleresque "Send me to one of these teams" trade request.  I meant it heavily implied AD won't resign unless its a winning team which limits the number of teams that will sell the farm for him.  New York isn't one unless KD has privately told them he's coming for sure.

As for why the Raps are the betting favourites.... I'd assume its because they have the contracts/assets to do a swap, are a winning team, will go for it this year, and Masai is 1000x the level of Dale Demps, the Lakers may still slow play like they did with PG and Kawhi, and Boston not being able to till July.

I don't know if I want the Raps to trade for AD, they'd have to give up an awful lot.  They really would be betting it all this year.  Plus side is they could then send AD to Boston in the Summer if Kawhi leaves.

8 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Sorry  I didn't mean it as a Butleresque "Send me to one of these teams" trade request.  I meant it heavily implied AD won't resign unless its a winning team which limits the number of teams that will sell the farm for him.  New York isn't one unless KD has privately told them he's coming for sure.

As for why the Raps are the betting favourites.... I'd assume its because they have the contracts/assets to do a swap, are a winning team, will go for it this year, and Masai is 1000x the level of Dale Demps, the Lakers may still slow play like they did with PG and Kawhi, and Boston not being able to till July.

I don't know if I want the Raps to trade for AD, they'd have to give up an awful lot.  They really would be betting it all this year.  Plus side is they could then send AD to Boston in the Summer if Kawhi leaves.

Well, my general point was that, much like with the Raps trading for Kawhi or the Thunder trading for George, surely some team out there will take a chance on AD re-signing after spending a year there even if he says he doesn't want to.