Sign in to follow this  
Jace, Basilissa

U.S. Politics: 5.7 Billion Problems But The House Ain't One

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

Ann Coulter is about as intelligent as a severed penis.

In preparation for my post I did a bare minimum of digging. Some guy used some kind of demographic estimate thing to guess her IQ to be about 120. No idea how good that system is but I would say he's probably within the margin for error. It does seem to use the racial IQ concept to give you bonus points if you're white, or Ashkenazi(sp?) or Asian. Though it may be using it based on observed metrics rather than an assertion/assumption that there is a genetic basis to the current population differences in IQ. 

I did the demographic thing this dude used for Ann on myself and it underestimated my IQ by about 10 points, based on the one online IQ test I took several years ago.

Anyway, I think it's an error to assume that people with views as insane as Ann Coulter's are unintelligent. And for someone who wants to face her down it's a bit dangerous. People may think they can beat her down in any debate with little preparation. While it is certain Ann would never go into a robust debate environment without being prepared to the hilt. Though I imagine Ann probably never goes into a truly robust debate environment. And there's indeed the possibility that she doesn't believe some % of her bullshit. But she's famous, making decent money, and pissing off the left all at the same time, so talking bullshit you know to be bullshit that diminishes your intellectual credibility among people you don't respect or want within your social and professional sphere is an acceptable price to pay for some people in order to achieve those ends.

1 hour ago, larrytheimp said:

Ftfy

Isn't a "very conservatively" severed penis just a bris?  Or does that mean it's probably in the closet and full of self-loathing?

19 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yeah IQ hasn;t been a good metric for anything in..well ever a long time.

Fixed that for you.  Also, please stop talking about the Lady Ann.  Every stinking side bar ad has her mug on it (sometimes with the word Mugged) (stupid algorithm).  

I got Kearns Goodwin and Mayer along with two of her books.  Both are pretty interesting juxtapositions.

I think it's a mistake to assume people like an Anne Coulter are morons. Anne Coulter is many things but she's not a moron.  We don't need her IQ to know that, just listening to her speak is enough. And statistically intelligent people are more likely to hold insane/extreme views as they are more likely to be able to rationalize them when challenged.  

23 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Fixed that for you.  Also, please stop talking about the Lady Ann.  Every stinking side bar ad has her mug on it (sometimes with the word Mugged) (stupid algorithm).  

I read this as muggle which made more sense.

Speaking of, Martin Longman makes a case here that Dems shouldn't fear a Schultz candidacy too much.  

In 2020, I see little prospect of any significant number of Democrats going with any third party candidate, but the ones most likely to do so are not to the left but in the middle. Schultz would prevent them from voting Republican and he’d attract Republicans disgusted with Trump but either constitutionally unwilling to support a Democrat or just alarmed at the threat to their economic self-interest.

So, count me as preliminarily unconcerned about the prospect that a Howard Schultz candidacy would reelect Trump. I think the opposite is more likely true.

I agree entirely.  Plus I think once Schultz has to get in front of cameras and large groups of people on a daily basis he'll run for the hills.

7 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

One a semi-related note, I am waiting for Donnie Dipshit to pass a nickname onto Coulter.

7 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I think there is a decent chance that trump is genuinely scared of Ann Coulter. An intelligent woman, who is as viscous as an attack dog to those she regards as doing her (or her causes) wrong.

Ann Coulter, or as I call her Ann

4 hours ago, Darzin said:

I think it's a mistake to assume people like an Anne Coulter are morons. Anne Coulter is many things but she's not a moron.  We don't need her IQ to know that, just listening to her speak is enough. And statistically intelligent people are more likely to hold insane/extreme views as they are more likely to be able to rationalize them when challenged.  

You’re right. More people need to recognize their opposition as possibly more than just stupid. I’ve met a fair number of intelligent people that held beliefs that I see as asinine. But I’d be remiss to say I thought they were stupid. They weren’t. They were wrong. 

7 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I think there is a decent chance that trump is genuinely scared of Ann Coulter. An intelligent woman, who is as viscous as an attack dog to those she regards as doing her (or her causes) wrong.

I doubt it. Most of her fans are going to be more devoted to Trump than they’ll ever be to her.