Jon's Small Council and Kingsguard

flaydagawd

When Jon inevitably comes into his throne and rule he's gonna need a good team behind him, people he can trust. With that said here is what I think should be his small council and Kingsguard should be -

Hand: Davos

Grand Maester: Sam

Kingsguard Commander: Jorah

Master of Coin: Tyrion

Master of Ships: Theon

Master of Laws: Sansa

Master of Whispers: Arya

The Rest of the Kingsguard: Tormund, Brienne, The Hound, Grey Worm, some Dothraki, some Northerner

Who would you have?

Why on earth should Jon end up sitting on the Iron throne? A final end to the "Game of Thrones" can only be the destruction iof the Iron throne. Jon becoming the next Targaryen king sounds off.

To your selection: Sam as Grand master is theoretically in the far future fine with me, but honestly, he is much too young and lacks experience. He not even did a significant part of his studies. This is just fan-thinking.

Tyrion as master of coins is more a puinishment than a valuable seat. He won't like it and he is more the mind than the laborer.

I don't think that Arya would like to have a simple position "under" her cousin. She is destined to be free or a Lord of her own house, not to be subjected to someone. I cannot see that at all. This is ridiculous and against everything we know about her.

If Jon were King of the Seven Kingdoms, then Sansa would be Lady of Winterfell, always a Stark there. She would never agin want to live in King's Landing and not under Jon. If Sansa survives season 8 she will be Lady of Winterfell. If she survives.

• 2 weeks later...

When Jon learns his true lineage will he suddenly become interested in the iron throne? He is exactly the same amount of stark and still from the north. I would wager if the others are defeated and everything goes to plan there he would support dany's claim to the iron throne. Be her warden of the north and Lord of winterfell.

If it were to happen I don't think sansa or arya are interested in extended stay back in kings landing. So I bet they would stay north. Shuffle tyrion to hand and davos to laws. Also sam  the slayer to kingsguard commander because it's peaceful now in westeros with king snow.  

22 minutes ago, Staenerys Stargaryen said:

When Jon learns his true lineage will he suddenly become interested in the iron throne? He is exactly the same amount of stark and still from the north. I would wager if the others are defeated and everything goes to plan there he would support dany's claim to the iron throne. Be her warden of the north and Lord of winterfell.

If it were to happen I don't think sansa or arya are interested in extended stay back in kings landing. So I bet they would stay north. Shuffle tyrion to hand and davos to laws. Also sam  the slayer to kingsguard commander because it's peaceful now in westeros with king snow.  

Poor sam.. nights watch? No wives..  maestor? No wives..  now stuck in the kingsgaurd still not aloud to marry?.

On 2/6/2019 at 1:14 PM, flaydagawd said:

When Jon inevitably comes into his throne and rule he's gonna need a good team behind him, people he can trust. With that said here is what I think should be his small council and Kingsguard should be -

Hand: Davos

Grand Maester: Sam

Kingsguard Commander: Jorah

Master of Coin: Tyrion

Master of Ships: Theon

Master of Laws: Sansa

Master of Whispers: Arya

The Rest of the Kingsguard: Tormund, Brienne, The Hound, Grey Worm, some Dothraki, some Northerner

Who would you have?

I quite like this! Just make Sansa his queen consort and let the laws be decided by a council  :) I do think Jon is going to rule BECAUSE he doesnt want to; in the show he was pushed into the KitN position. Why wouldn't it happen again with King of Westeros? It doesn't have to be on the Iron Throne, in King's Landing. I mean...new dynasty, new capital, new seat.

5 hours ago, Staenerys Stargaryen said:

Be her warden of the north and Lord of winterfell.

Jon may be legitimate but there is no way he gets to be Lord of Winterfell. He comes from the female line of the Stark family. So unless Bran, Sansa and Arya all die, Winterfell is not his. Sansa could give him the Dreadfort since she is still Lady of that one (even though the writers seem to have forgotten that). Or he could live and become Lord of one of the many castles/lands that will be empty after the war with the Others.

I don't think the Small Council with its Kingsguard LC and all will inspire the future ruling system. I believe Jon's closest friends will continue counseling him: Sam, Davos. Others too, but they will have lands to rule themselves, Theon and Sanas (since D&D killed Rickon). Unless she becomes Jon's wife (in the absence of Val). I definitely not see Tormund in something like a KG order. Never a kneeler this one.

13 hours ago, Mystical said:

Jon may be legitimate but there is no way he gets to be Lord of Winterfell. He comes from the female line of the Stark family. So unless Bran, Sansa and Arya all die, Winterfell is not his. Sansa could give him the Dreadfort since she is still Lady of that one (even though the writers seem to have forgotten that). Or he could live and become Lord of one of the many castles/lands that will be empty after the war with the Others.

Bran is content on being the 3 eyed raven.  The being formerly known as Arya Is now no one with no claims. Sansa may challenge but ghost will remind her Jon is more of a northerner and will settle for riverrun. It is known

7 hours ago, Staenerys Stargaryen said:

Bran is content on being the 3 eyed raven.  The being formerly known as Arya Is now no one with no claims. Sansa may challenge but ghost will remind her Jon is more of a northerner and will settle for riverrun. It is known

Bran has abdicated for now but there is nothing to say that he won't go back to a more normal state at some point (like the previous 3ER). The only reason why he would still not take Lordship is because he can't father children. Arya it NOT no one. That was the whole point of her arc leaving the FM training 'I'm Arya Stark and I'm going home.'. Sansa doesn't need to be challenged as Winterfell is hers by right of inheritance. It currently is hers already and there must always be a Stark in WF. Jon might be a Stark (even though he continually denies it) but it's the male line that counts. Which puts him behind the 3 Stark children from the male line. THAT is known.

Obviously the rules of who rules next don't matter as much as who is powerful. Roberts rebellion as prime example.  The reunion of stark children and snow is long awaited and should be epic.  Will Bran explain everything? And what will that everything actually be? I would imagine that the three stark children would all support Jon as king of the north/lord of winterfell with ghost at his side the literal stark sigil. Or also support his claim to the iron throne on his newfound dragon.

The op was assuming KingJon and such Sorry for getting side tracked

What is known is that I'm pretty stoked for this season!

10 hours ago, Staenerys Stargaryen said:

Obviously the rules of who rules next don't matter as much as who is powerful. Roberts rebellion as prime example.  The reunion of stark children and snow is long awaited and should be epic.  Will Bran explain everything? And what will that everything actually be? I would imagine that the three stark children would all support Jon as king of the north/lord of winterfell with ghost at his side the literal stark sigil. Or also support his claim to the iron throne on his newfound dragon.

The op was assuming KingJon and such Sorry for getting side tracked

What is known is that I'm pretty stoked for this season!

Why do you insist on Jon being Lord of Winterfell? He wasn't in S7 why would he be after S8? Unless Sansa dies, Arya refuses and Jon being legitimized as a Stark . He's not a Stark until he takes the name. He constantly refuses to take the name and denies being in any relation to the Stark's (as he said in S7 'I'm not a Stark'). Winterfell is the seat of the Starks.

And KingJon is more likely than QueenDany hence the OP's question I assume.

2 hours ago, Staenerys Stargaryen said:

At the end of season 6 wasn't Jon chanted as king in the north? What do you think will be his seat?

That he was named King was a joke to begin with. The story how he got there was nonsense and completely unearned. It also makes no sense from a political/succession standpoint. His seat was for a few weeks Winterfell but only because Jon has no lands of his own due to being a bastard, Winterfell is the capital of the North and back in the hands of the Starks (aka Sansa). Jon is now just Warden of the North so he can't claim anything and Dany is not yet Queen of Westeros (just because Jon bend the knee to her means nothing) so she can't oust the Starks and she shouldn't because that would be a dumb move. If Jon were to become King of Westeros then his seat wouldn't be in WF anyway as geographically speaking WF is not in an ideal spot.

1 hour ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Yeah bending the knee meant nothing. Which is funny, did Dany think he had the same authority over Winterfell as Torrhen? Did Jon know about this?

I don't think it's Dany. It's D&D who don't understand the setting. They don't seem to know how succession/inheritance/titles work for some reason. Dany is not Queen of Westeros so why does anything she does in regards to titles even matter? I mean Jon can bend the knee to her but his WotN title is useless until Dany is actually sworn in as official Queen. Technically speaking the North has no leader right now, Jon knelt and gave up his title but Dany has neither conquered the North nor is she Queen of Westeros yet (that's still Cersei) so she doesn't rule the North either.

On 2/16/2019 at 5:35 PM, Staenerys Stargaryen said:

Bran is content on being the 3 eyed raven.

I believe "content" doesn't catch the principal emotions. He somehow lost his human identy as Bran Stark and was forced to carry the burden of the three-eyed raven.  Maybe we will learn what this three-eyed raven actually is (made by the Children of the Forst? To counter-balance the Nightking?). Bran is not really a Stark anymore.

On 2/16/2019 at 5:35 PM, Staenerys Stargaryen said:

Arya Is now no one

She certainly is NOT no one. Have you watched the same show?! She clearly isn't: 'I'm Arya Stark of Winterfell and I'm going home.'

17 hours ago, Kajjo said:

I believe "content" doesn't catch the principal emotions. He somehow lost his human identy as Bran Stark and was forced to carry the burden of the three-eyed raven.  Maybe we will learn what this three-eyed raven actually is (made by the Children of the Forst? To counter-balance the Nightking?). Bran is not really a Stark anymore.

She certainly is NOT no one. Have you watched the same show?! She clearly isn't: 'I'm Arya Stark of Winterfell and I'm going home.'

I think the show was struggling a little with bran arriving into and developing his powers because they kinda didn't wanna give everything away too quickly.  He suddenly became a magic enhanced human that is in charge of a lot more then just what's going on in and around Brandon Starks injured body.  All three Starks though had a tough road and it was a long shot for them to make it back.  Seems like the wolfpack needed season 7 to come back together.  I expect Bran to handle his reunion with Jon a little differently because its the final season and so no holding back now. 

I apologise for the Arya is no one logic, the point I was trying to make in a trolling fashion was that I doubt Arya would ever try to be like maester says I'm in front of you Jon or something.  The rules of succession don't much matter to her, she doesn't care about being a lady or anything, and Jon was/is her favorite sibling.  The stark family reunion drama of season 7 was not my favorite. (Also Arya should have challenged little finger to single combat like her uncle Brandon.)  Winterfell is a big place and the pack is stronger together. 

Will the north(including and especially the 3 purebred Starks) support a Jon that supports a hopeful southern queen? I like to think yes because she has dragons and armies and is joining the fight against the white walkers.  She is going to help defend the kingdom... Already a better queen then Cersie could ever be and a good enough reason to bend the knee. 

8 hours ago, Staenerys Stargaryen said:

Also Arya should have challenged little finger to single combat like her uncle Brandon.

LF was a sneaky man. He didn't deserve an honorable death. Quick and dirty was good for him.
No one (but SR) in the Vale loved him either. So not much a surprise no one protested. Certainly not Yohn Royce.

9 hours ago, Staenerys Stargaryen said:

Will the north(including and especially the 3 purebred Starks) support a Jon that supports a hopeful southern queen? I like to think yes because she has dragons and armies and is joining the fight against the white walkers.  She is going to help defend the kingdom... Already a better queen then Cersie could ever be and a good enough reason to bend the knee. 

Yeah but...I think there's plenty of time for her to muck it up like Stannis did. It's the way of people who want power, they trip over themselves.

Archived