Make Mine Captain Marvel! (SPOILERS)

Jeor

My knee-jerk response was "I know kung fu," which is Keanu Reeves, unfortunately.  I name Keanu Reeves as my champion.  And..shit, well he just forgot.  So, yeah you win.  But I still think Goose is stupid.

2 hours ago, DMC said:

My knee-jerk response was "I know kung fu," which is Keanu Reeves, unfortunately.  I name Keanu Reeves as my champion.  And..shit, well he just forgot.  So, yeah you win.  But I still think Goose is stupid.

Wait!!!!!!!

I think a may have cracked the code. Everything is finally clicking into place.

You're not a Cat Person, are you? Cause a Cat Person would forgive Goose anything.

If you're not a Cat Person, I suppose your response to him could be classified as understandable.

Edit: Blah. I decided to go do Cat Person stuff, like talking about my cats. In pursuit of that goal I went looking for the Cat thread. Apparently it got archived February of last year.

1 minute ago, A True Kaniggit said:

You're not a Cat Person, are you?

Eh, this is relative.  Would I prefer a dog?  Yeah.  But that doesn't mean I don't like cats.  I do, especially kittens, man are they adorable.  My problem with Goose is it seemed like a response to Star Wars and those dumbass porgs more than anything.

I really hate that they changed his motivation to something that really resonates with Eugenicists and white supremacists resulting in a bunch of online assholes that think he was right. 

1 minute ago, karaddin said:

I really hate that they changed his motivation to something that really resonates with Eugenicists and white supremacists resulting in a bunch of online assholes that think he was right. 

Who are we talking about now? Keanu Reeves?

Just now, A True Kaniggit said:

Who are we talking about now?

Was about to edit it and make that clear, when I loaded the thread DMC's post on the last thread about Thanos was the most recent one. I'm talking about Thanos's "too many mouths to feed" bullshit. In the comic his motivation was having a hardon for Lady Death and thought killing half the people alive would get her attention.

Just now, karaddin said:

Was about to edit it and make that clear, when I loaded the thread DMC's post on the last thread about Thanos was the most recent one. I'm talking about Thanos's "too many mouths to feed" bullshit. In the comic his motivation was having a hardon for Lady Death and thought killing half the people alive would get her attention.

That's a relief. I thought I was about to have to hate Keanu Reeves.

12 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

That's a relief. I thought I was about to have to hate Keanu Reeves.

Oh good lord no. There are few men in hollywood that I'm willing to stake much emotional faith in being a decent person after the last few years, he's one of the ones I refuse to give up. Please don't ever be probo Keanu.

5 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Oh good lord no. There are few men in hollywood that I'm willing to stake much emotional faith in being a decent person after the last few years, he's one of the ones I refuse to give up. Please don't ever be probo Keanu.

Ah man.  I adore this tangent.  You guys realize if you want the Keanu Reeves trophy you have to beat Kenny at some PSP game, right?

5 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yeah well if you think Thanos was right you probably got bigger problems.

Well yeah, but I don't know if you've noticed but increasing numbers of people being drawn to openly supporting that type of thinking is a bit of an issue at the moment. Handing them a villain that was the "main character" of the climax of the MCU up to this point that they could hold up as a hero wasn't necessarily the best move. I'm not saying they needed to keep the death storyline, just stick with something that makes him blatantly a loser that they cant lionise.

DMC - I have no idea what that PSP trophy is referring to :P

Don't be ashamed. It's a South Park reference.

The fact you didn't get it just shows you're not part of the Lowest Common Denominator.

South Park is the only Kenny reference I could think of, but yeah I didn't know the specifics. Also you really needed to be able to use the Cap gif to acknowledge you got the reference.

Yeah, I'd link you to the stupid South Park reference it's from, @karaddin, but Trey Parker is a true believing libertarian and will not allow that clip to be accessible.

As Shireen's Knight said, it's really a compliment that you didn't get the reference.

6 minutes ago, karaddin said:

South Park is the only Kenny reference I could think of, but yeah I didn't know the specifics. Also you really needed to be able to use the Cap gif to acknowledge you got the reference.

I'm not computer savvy enough for this. I know which scene you're talking about, but if I continue to try and add it to to my post a little bit back, there's a significant chance I'll get too frustrated and start hitting my computer with a rock.

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah, I'd link you to the stupid South Park reference it's from, @karaddin, but Trey Parker is a true believing libertarian and will not allow that clip to be accessible.

As Shireen's Knight said, it's really a compliment that you didn't get the reference.

I've spent the last few minutes with the same problem.

I'm not computer savvy enough for this. I know which scene you're talking about, but if I continue to try and add it to to my post a little bit back, there's a significant chance I'll get frustrated and start hitting my computer with a rock.

I'll just link to it externally then :P

https://imgur.com/gallery/XS5LK

Archived