Arya

House Cambodia

Just now, longest night said:

We could start listing all the tropes A Song of Ice and Fire already has...

Another thing that people seem to Forget is that this subverting expectations business usually only works the first time we see the moment. Then it becomes something bland we don t want to watch again.

I have zero doubts that if this episode had some epic moments based on tropes people would see it several times...

6 minutes ago, longest night said:

I just don't care what happens. I know I am not getting a glimmer of GRRM's ending which is the only reason I watched. I guess the War for the Dawn will take place at Winterfell and they win. That' about all I got from it.

From what we get from the books it is more likely that a crucial battle is going to be at/near the Trident just like during the Rebellion. Remember Dany's dream? Also keep in mind that the books are going to focus in no small part on the Green Men in the later books, which also makes it not unlikely that the Gods Eye and the Isle of Faces will play a pretty big role in the grand finale.

Winterfell as a setting was just convenient in the show. Could be there will be an earlier battle in the war there, but not the grand finale.

1 minute ago, Lord Varys said:

From what we get from the books it is more likely that a crucial battle is going to be at/near the Trident just like during the Rebellion. Remember Dany's dream? Also keep in mind that the books are going to focus in no small part on the Green Men in the later books, which also makes it not unlikely that the Gods Eye and the Isle of Faces will play a pretty big role in the grand finale.

Winterfell as a setting was just convenient in the show. Could be there will be an earlier battle in the war there, but not the grand finale.

Probably. I just want TWOW so I can wash this show out of my brain.

8 minutes ago, divica said:

The problem is that it doesn t. We have all the AA/ptwp profecies and noone of them seem related to arya…

We've been hit over the head with "The dragon must have 3 heads" almost since the beginning of the series.

Just now, Lord Varys said:

If the dead don t behave as a heard we can have several battle happening at the same time...

Winterfell probably has something magical there while somewhere near the neck is crucial to stop the ww from invading all of westeros (it is a choke point).

1 minute ago, lomiller said:

We've been hit over the head with "The dragon must have 3 heads" almost since the beginning of the series.

And arya isn t a dragon in anyway! ZERO!

At most she might use her skinchanging to become a dragon rider… But come one! she will be a faceless, skinchanger, dragonrider? Like, seriously? Isn t there anything more lol?

I find it much easier for bran to warg a dragon than her...

4 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

From what we get from the books it is more likely that a crucial battle is going to be at/near the Trident just like during the Rebellion. Remember Dany's dream?

That is also where Nymeria and her pack are, and GRRM has suggested he has a reason for this.

Reread the books and start thinking of the characters as presented there (again). That helps. I honestly have forgotten half the show nonsense, so that can work.

Yeah, and nothing in the five books gives the slightest hint that Arya is meant by any of the stuff we know.

1 minute ago, divica said:

If the dead don t behave as a heard we can have several battle happening at the same time...

Winterfell probably has something magical there while somewhere near the neck is crucial to stop the ww from invading all of westeros (it is a choke point).

People try to sell that idea, but there is, at this point, no evidence for that. Winterfell is large, but the North is without food and it has been partially destroyed. It would be a bad site for a major and decisive battle, even more since the Others in the book have no Lich King to destroy.

I expect there to be a second front in the Neck after the Wall falls, but they will get through that one, too, and then the decisive battle(s) will have to be fought farther down south. However, no idea how the Others could possibly be defeated. There is no Lich King in the books, and three dragons and a little bit of obsidian and Valyrian steel are not going to stop them.

This was always an issue very few people tried to figure out. People just care about interpreting prophecies

That is also where Nymeria and her pack are, and GRRM has suggested he has a reason for this.

Yeah, likely for the cleansing of the Riverlands from the Freys and Lannisters. The wights and Others won't be impressed by some wolves.

7 minutes ago, lomiller said:

Isn't it in the books once... and very vague in what it means. The only thing hitting us over the head with it are the people constantly looking for secret Targaryens.

1 minute ago, Lord Varys said:

Reread the books and start thinking of the characters as presented there (again). That helps. I honestly have forgotten half the show nonsense, so that can work.

Yeah, and nothing in the five books gives the slightest hint that Arya is meant by any of the stuff we know.

People try to sell that idea, but there is, at this point, no evidence for that. Winterfell is large, but the North is without food and it has been partially destroyed. It would be a bad site for a major and decisive battle, even more since the Others in the book have no Lich King to destroy.

I expect there to be a second front in the Neck after the Wall falls, but they will get through that one, too, and then the decisive battle(s) will have to be fought farther down south. However, no idea how the Others could possibly be defeated. There is no Lich King in the books, and three dragons and a little bit of obsidian and Valyrian steel are not going to stop them.

This was always an issue very few people tried to figure out. People just care about interpreting prophecies

I always disliked the idea that 3 dragons will be enough to make a diference in a battle against the dead. It would either make them deus ex machina and the problem is solve or they wouldn t be enough...

If the battle against the dead happened within a short period of time you would be right. However the dead won t attack for something close to a year at least. Don t Forget that the dead won t attack before danny arrives in westeros and it seems like it will take at least several months… So the north can still stabilize and get dragonlass from skagos or stannis shipments migh arrive.

3 minutes ago, divica said:

If the battle against the dead happened within a short period of time you would be right. However the dead won t attack for something close to a year at least. Don t Forget that the dead won t attack before danny arrives in westeros and it seems like it will take at least several months… So the north can still stabilize and get dragonlass from skagos or stannis shipments migh arrive.

We don't know when the Wall will fall. Could be only after Dany arrived, could be before that. Would all depend on whether the guy in the North will be able to communicate what happened and whether anybody down south will give a damn. Aegon might, Euron and Cersei most definitely won't.

On 4/24/2019 at 2:25 AM, House Cambodia said:

I came across an intriguing theory about Arya next episode. She's all tooled up with Valaryan steel and dragonglass, and she's pumped (!) Gendry for information on what the WW look like. The suggestion is she's planning on using her Faceless Man skills to kill a WW and steal his identity in order to get to the NK, either in the crypts or at the god's tree where Bran is waiting as bait.

The problem for me is that AFAIK any time a WW has been killed, it's blown into thousands of shards of ice. Is it possible for her to maim a WW and flay it?

Arya as a fake White Walker is almost as stupid as what actually happened. 

7 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

The model for the 3 heads is Aegon and his 2 sisters/wives.  Dany is pretty clearly linked to Jon romantically making 2 of the 3 heads.  We've also reason to believe that GRRM's original intention was to link Jon and Arya romantically, and even if the romance is dropped the emotional linkage has been played up at every turn.  There is also a strong symmetry to it, Arya being a Stark and linked to ice, Dany being Targaryan and linked to fire Jon being both. 

3 minutes ago, lomiller said:

The model for the 3 heads is Aegon and his 2 sisters/wives.  Dany is pretty clearly linked to Jon romantically making 2 of the 3 heads.  We've also reason to believe that GRRM's original intention was to link Jon and Arya romantically, and even if the romance is dropped the emotional linkage has been played up at every turn.  There is also a strong symmetry to it, Arya being a Stark and linked to ice, Dany being Targaryan and linked to fire Jon being both. 

So why not ygritte or val, or daario? they are potential love interests for jon and danny...

maybe the 3 heads are related to being targaryens? or at least dragon riders that have 99% of the time been targs/valyrians?

Arya being a stark makes her not being related to dragons… the end. And by making her a faceless she has her own arc... She has noting relating her to being a dragon...

So, there are people who believed that ending had a meaning and they even think of Arya as a "dragon"? 

And here I thought that only Twilight fans loved to be brain dead while watching their favorite thing.

Archived