Dany is army-less, isn't she?

Nerevanin

2 minutes ago, Larger than Average Finger said:

It seems unlikely that the Golden Company are going to be a reliable resource.  My guess is the Iron Bank is betting on the side with Dragons.

Yeah, I read that article too - I found it pretty convincing. The Lannister army could rally to Jaime, leaving the pregnant queen effectively with only the comedy pirate, Frankenstein and his creation.

3 minutes ago, Larger than Average Finger said:

It seems unlikely that the Golden Company are going to be a reliable resource.  My guess is the Iron Bank is betting on the side with Dragons.

Why? It seems very plausible that since they have been paid by the IT, they would naturally back them. They have no ties to Dany or Jon or the dragons. We have zero reason to believe that the most famed mercenary company in the world would just simply leave the Lannisters.....it's not a great way to make money, when your paid to fight and leave before one happens....

Just now, Wik said:

Why? It seems very plausible that since they have been paid by the IT, they would naturally back them. They have no ties to Dany or Jon or the dragons. We have zero reason to believe that the most famed mercenary company in the world would just simply leave the Lannisters.....it's not a great way to make money, when your paid to fight and leave before one happens....

Tyrion could fix that with his famous line: Whatever my sister pays you, I pay you more. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Wik said:

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/House_Blackfyre

The Golden Company was founded by a cadet branch of house Targaryen. 
They're far more likely to support Daenerys and/or Aegon over Mad Queen Cersei, and the show throwing around how the GC has never failed to complete a contract is basically a way to hint that they might very well do just that.

Not saying that it *will* happen of course, but it's not entirely impossible.

If you think about it the wights from the show behave like brain-eating-zombies but they dont actually bite, they use weapons and, if unarmed, they tend to punch/grab. So it was a bit strange everytime Brienne was swarmed because they had their hands on her but were doing actually nothing beyond holding her down. 

3 minutes ago, Wik said:

There's an article that points out that Cercei did a very foolish thing that Tywin would never have done - she paid the Iron Bank in full. The Iron Bank might now decide that the next incumbent of the Iron Throne will need to borrow a considerable sum of money to rebuild Westeros, thus will be a much more viable customer.

I don't think you pay a sellsword company in advance. The Iron Throne probably holds the money and drops payment weekly to GC's commander. I don't think the GC cares about where the money comes from, but seems logical that the IB is not involved in the relationship between Cersei and Strickland. Even if they were involved they would not make the payment directly to the company, they are a bank, not a in-betweener or a powerbroker. You get money from them, not services. 

12 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

They're far more likely to support Daenerys and/or Aegon over Mad Queen Cersei, and the show throwing around how the GC has never failed to complete a contract is basically a way to hint that they might very well do just that.

Or we get a Jon (backed by his ragtag North army) against Dany (with the GC who switch sides) against Cersei (who has some ships at that point). 

*insert the Office Mexican standoff Gif*

10 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Ahhh good stuff, didn't realize this. I mean, it gives the theory more credence. I think I agree with your last sentence here 100%

10 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

There's an article that points out that Cercei did a very foolish thing that Tywin would never have done - she paid the Iron Bank in full. The Iron Bank might now decide that the next incumbent of the Iron Throne will need to borrow a considerable sum of money to rebuild Westeros, thus will be a much more viable customer.

This also, actually, makes some sense to me. Having paid them in full, it sounds good, sounds feasible but it really ends up severing ties in a way, opening the bank to "searching for prospective clients" lol

1 minute ago, King Perkis said:

Or we get a Jon (backed by his ragtag North army) against Dany (with the GC who switch sides) against Cersei (who has some ships at that point). 

*insert the Office Mexican standoff Gif*

I would be 1000% ok with this happening but I don't see what would cause Jon to give up his........play thing :dunno::lmao:

Jon doing a 180* and turning against Daenerys would be beyond out of character for him.
(As is the theory that Daenerys is going "fix" the line of succession by purposefully having Jon killed.)
After this episode they're the definition of a crackpot theory. 

Daenerys isn't going to full mad-queen either, there's a) not enough time for that sort of twist and b) already one mad queen in this show.

3 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Jon doing a 180* and turning against Daenerys would be beyond out of character for him.
(As is the theory that Daenerys is going "fix" the line of succession by purposefully having Jon killed.)
After this episode they're the definition of a crackpot theory. 

Daenerys isn't going to full mad-queen either, there's a) not enough time for that sort of twist and b) already one mad queen in this show.

Lol not saying it would happen (agree it would be ridiculous) but it would make me smile seeing that ending.  Would also be the first time in a while we saw the show do something remotely similar to the books.  So that is always nice.

8 minutes ago, King Perkis said:

Lol not saying it would happen (agree it would be ridiculous) but it would make me smile seeing that ending.  Would also be the first time in a while we saw the show do something remotely similar to the books.  So that is always nice.

How can you say that?! Did you NOT see what Arya did to the NK? Pure stroke of genius by the show writers, NOT GRRM :bowdown:

The Golden Company from the books was founded by a Blackfyre, but I don't think they stablished that in the show. If they do betray Cersei it would be something out of nowhere and a very cheap trick to make... OMG, they will make it!

5 minutes ago, Saturno said:

The Golden Company from the books was founded by a Blackfyre, but I don't think they stablished that in the show. If they do betray Cersei it would be something out of nowhere and a very cheap trick to make... OMG, they will make it!

D&D Plot twist, the GC's leader is a Blackfyre who is here to Usurp Westeros while we aren't looking! Why not introduce another Targ! There are TONS of them alive still!

9 minutes ago, joaozinm said:

3 Episodes left. There must be a betrayal between the main chracters. Probably something that hints North vs Dany.

Cersei is just not enough

We just spent 2 full episodes in this season, where characters did nothing but talk and prepare for a battle.

I'm worried that 3 episodes to deal with the aftermath, Cersei, more talking and wrap everything up, won't be enough.
Add more twists and plotlines to the story and there's no way in hell that there's enough time left.

Archived