[Poll] How would you rate episode 805?

Ran

How would you rate episode 805?   

496 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

2 minutes ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

Well, she should. In peace agreements that's what generally happens. What is absurd is Jaime not dying in the second he puts his feet on Winterfell. Or Varys when he meet Dany.

Right.

Because it is totally normal to kill your hostage at a parlay.

aka Missandei's beheading was a breach of the social contract and the art of war

Just now, Jabar of House Titan said:

Right.

Because it is totally normal to kill your hostage at a parlay.

They should judge him and then kill him. He was a not just a murderer (killed Dany's father, doesn't matter the reason behind it) and tried to kill Bran. And not only that, was an enemy. They could have made him a REAL hostage and use him agaisnt Cersei, but not invite him as a guest afterwards.

1 minute ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

They should judge him and then kill him. He was a not just a murderer (killed Dany's father, doesn't matter the reason behind it) and tried to kill Bran. And not only that, was an enemy. They could have made him a REAL hostage and use him agaisnt Cersei, but not invite him as a guest afterwards.

She obviously didn't care given that she decided to put out a hit on him and hired his friend to be said hitman.

Yes, I know; it can be hard to remember details like that given her massive heel-face-turn in this episode where she's head over heels for Jaime all over again.

1 minute ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

She obviously didn't care given that she decided to put out a hit on him and hired his friend to be said hitman.

She didn't care but no one knew at the time. You're talking like a viewer and are not trying to understand the situation as a character.

1 minute ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

She didn't care but no one knew at the time. You're talking like a viewer and are not trying to understand the situation as a character.

Tyrion knew about the latest attempt on their lives made by Cersei.  Yet, he seems convinced that Jaime running off into the sunset with Cersei is a good idea. As if Cersei won't try to take a parting shot on anyone? And this is after Missandei is murdered at a parlay...

Jaime has a good thing with Brienne but he rushes off in an nearly impossible attempt to save Cersei.

9 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Tyrion knew about the latest attempt on their lives made by Cersei.  Yet, he seems convinced that Jaime running off into the sunset with Cersei is a good idea. As if Cersei won't try to take a parting shot on anyone? And this is after Missandei is murdered at a parlay...

Jaime has a good thing with Brienne but he rushes off in an nearly impossible attempt to save Cersei.

Tyrion was out of options to try and prevent a massacre. It was Jaime's decision to leave Brienne. Tyrion had nothing to do with that.

3/10 for technical execution and music.

The plot rushing destroys the whole series.

Varys had to end, but his entire arc was viciously cut short and he had a memorable talk last episode, truly a shame. And Jon Snow is useless again, all hope in that character goes up in smoke.

Not only KL is burning but entire character arcs.The bell ringing madness was sadly hilarious. And Harry Strickland got 5 minutes of screen time only to die running away. That's not the man of the books, it's a mockery. The GC, a famed militia, just anonymously reduced to ashes.

Scorpions are suddenly useless after making a quick kill of Rhaegal, it just suits the plot writing.

Euron dies the cartoon villain death he "deserves".

The death of Cersei and Jaime was a letdown, no special circumstances, just buried beneath the rubble.

And there's a final mockery with small wildfire caches burning in the city. It's like saying "OK, you fools were right that wildfire would burn KL"

Cleganebowl lasted a longer time than I thought but it's not really satisfying. And so also ends our beloved Qyburn, cut short like other characters.

You almost hope this whole season was Bran's vision of unlikely events...

1 minute ago, Squall said:

3/10 for technical execution and music.

The plot rushing destroys the whole series.

Varys had to end, but his entire arc was viciously cut short and he had a memorable talk last episode, truly a shame. And Jon Snow is useless again, all hope in that character goes up in smoke.

Not only KL is burning but entire character arcs.The bell ringing madness was sadly hilarious. And Harry Strickland got 5 minutes of screen time only to die running away. That's not the man of the books, it's a mockery. The GC, a famed militia, just anonymously reduced to ashes.

Scorpions are suddenly useless after making a quick kill of Rhaegal, it just suits the plot writing.

Euron dies the cartoon villain death he "deserves".

The death of Cersei and Jaime was a letdown, no special circumstances, just buried beneath the rubble.

And there's a final mockery with small wildfire caches burning in the city. It's like saying "OK, you fools were right that wildfire would burn KL"

Cleganebowl lasted a longer time than I thought but it's not really satisfying. And so also ends our beloved Qyburn, cut short like other characters.

You almost hope this whole season was Bran's vision of unlikely events...

Death of qyburn was only time I felt something aside from confusion and headache.

Just now, taipan said:

Tyrion was out of options to try and prevent a massacre. It was Jaime's decision to leave Brienne. Tyrion had nothing to do with that.

Why should Tyrion prevent a massacre when he was literally foaming at the mouth, yelling and screaming that he should have let Stannis steamroll right into King's Landing and sack the city?

1 hour ago, cirah1712 said:

No one will follow her after she burned an entire city to the ground when she didn't need to.

She admitted to Jon that she doesn't have any love in Westeros, only fear, and she resigned herself to it, so I don't think she cares anymore.

1 hour ago, cirah1712 said:

I have so much respect for Tyrion for trying everything he could to stop Daenerys burning the city, he even betrayed her to do it, and he tried to spare Cersei, even after everything she done to him! He is a truly good person who genuinely cares about people, and not just people he knows. I just hope he doesn't die because of it. 

Part of that wasn't just trying to save Cersei. He was making a deal with Jaime in order to try to save the people of KL. He had to give Jaime some incentive to do what he asked.

1 hour ago, Frey family reunion said:

It would have made a bit more sense, if she had been convinced by someone that the ringing of the bells was a sign that the city was rallying against her as opposed to surrendering.

Why does almost everyone insist Dany's actions have to make sense?

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

Well, they accepted Cersei, who blew up the sept,

They accepted her out of fear, which Dany knows is all she has to rule with as well.

1 hour ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

She was physically & verbally assaulted & abused by her brother - didn't make her mad

Sold to the Dothraki & forced to marry a man she couldn't even speak the same tongue as - didn't go mad

Had her husband that she subsequently fell in love with & her child taken from her - didn't go mad

Had numerous people she cared about killed etc - didn't go mad

Why now? Because Jon is the supposed rightful heir? 

Idk I just wish that her madness made more sense. She gets all crazy saying Jon betrayed her but Jon told her he was going to tell Sansa & Arya.  

MADNESS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!!!!!! Everyone is trying to apply logic to something that is inherently illogical. But if you have to have a reason:

Dany was LOVED in Essos. She comes to Westeros, tries to win the hearts of the northerners by fighting the NK,; it doesn't work. She falls in love with Jon, who bends the knee, but in this episode as much as admits he doesn't love her the way she loves him. Her heart is broken, her hopes and dreams have been crushed and she sees that fear is the only hold she has in Weseros. Could quite possibly be enough to push someone over the edge when they're already tottering on the fence.

1 hour ago, Just a Cat said:

Varys feeling like he has to back the good guy, well then, why not do it when Ned was on the chopping block,

Guess he finally found the balls the sorcerer chopped off years ago. But seriously, you'd have to go back to a conversation he had with Tyrion in season 6, I think, where he tells Tyrion how he always justified his action (or inaction) because he wasn't the one doing the killing or whatever, and he makes it very clear he can't accept that kind of justification anymore.

2 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

I still like Daenerys.

This is not the result of insanity. This is a typical Mars in Taurus reaction (lol) for all the astrology people at there. But on a serious level, she's not insane. She was just outraged.

I wish Cersei, Tyrion and Varys never provoked her.

Seriously? You're blaming them?? Blind much?

2 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

No one, and I mean, absolutely no one, is that angry for that long of a period of time.

You are quite fortunate to have never encountered anyone in your lifetime with that level of anger. There are people (in the real world) who think everyone is out to get them and are mad at the whole world. I know, I was married to one such. They're narcicists.

46 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Let's don't be silly. Maybe Dany had this coming but Jaime has come a long way from the prick that pushed Bran out of the window. It was absurd to have him run back to save Cersei

yea he came a long way.....he raped cersei next to their sons dead body. He threatened to kill edmure's baby. He clearly stated time and again that he's not a good person but for some reason you guys keep wanting to believe otherwise.

2 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Not sure you can call even this insane. It was very wrong, but insane? Unclear.

Well, it may be a case of temporary insanity brought on my anger, fear, disappointment, etc. But she is too easily pushed over the edge, at any rate. She is definitely unstable.

1 minute ago, SansaJonRule said:

Seriously? You're blaming them?? Blind much?

You are quite fortunate to have never encountered anyone in your lifetime with that level of anger. There are people (in the real world) who think everyone is out to get them and are mad at the whole world. I know, I was married to one such. They're narcicists.

First of all, you misspelled narcissists.

Second of all, no one who flies into a thoughtless, uncontrollable, adrenaline-fueled rage stays at that same level of rage for hours at a time. Either you die of a heart attack or a brain aneurysm or there is some sort of comedown. And you can fly into a rage and see red and not be a narcissist.

Third of all? Yes I am blaming them. Do you seriously think Daenerys wasn't provoked?

2 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

Well, it may be a case of temporary insanity brought on my anger, fear, disappointment, etc. But she is too easily pushed over the edge, at any rate. She is definitely unstable.

Too easily pushed over the edge?

Most people would have flown off the handle the moment the last of her original allies (a woman she genuinely liked) was killed due to really bad advice from her chief advisor and radio silence from her spymaster.

1 minute ago, of man and wolf said:

yea he came a long way.....he raped cersei next to their sons dead body. He threatened to kill edmure's baby. He clearly stated time and again that he's not a good person but for some reason you guys keep wanting to believe otherwise.

After he met Brienne and lost his hand, he did start to change. He definitely had an internal struggle to be a better man, and many of us were hoping he would overcome his baser self. And although the old Jaime was just too deep rooted for him to totally become the better man he wanted to be, he had come a long way. The old Jaime would not even have wanted to be a better man.