Boskone party

Yagathai

Wow-wee. According to this, GRRM read an Asha chapter from ADwD. Hopefully someone will reach that pleasant state between drunk and hungover called "sober" long enough to write up a report for the ADwD section of the board. ;)

Wow-wee. According to this, GRRM read an Asha chapter from ADwD. Hopefully someone will reach that pleasant state between drunk and hungover called "sober" long enough to write up a report for the ADwD section of the board. ;)

Wow, that's really interesting! I had no idea there was a way to get sober between being drunk and being hungover! :P

Asha chapter?! No way. He read the prologue to Fevre Dream II.

Well, George did mention that he's had trouble with ADwD lately (chiefly the prologue) and that there's a push for a sequel to Fevre Dream. It might be therapeutic to step outside the aSoIaF world for a bit. Of course, if he did, there's no way he'd tell us.

Or, rather, if he did mention something of the sort in a Bailey's-induced loosening of the lips, we certianly wouldn't be spreading the rumor out here, where any old hatemail-sending loser fan would get a whiff.

SPOILER: ADwD Chapter Reading
I've gotten a little bit from the ever-friendly Les Dabel. Apparently the Asha chapter takes place at a northern castle -- I'm guessing Deepwood Motte -- and there's a lot of fighting in the chapter, with some sort of group (who he thinks were northmen) trying to take the castle back. Les says that the chapter ends while the fight is still happening, or something like it.

What is this...sober...you speak of, Ran? (I may not be technically hungover anymore, but let's just say I'm still feeling the effects of the con. :P )

(Edited because I can't even post spoiler text without messing up this morning. Need.more.coffee.org)

Archived