MLB 2019: The Good, The Bad, and The Mets

Myshkin

14 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

EDIT: Turns out it was a right knee contustion,

Seems he must have attended the Carl Pavano School of Fortitude in the off-season.

The MRI for Stanton was reportedly "good."  But it's hard to get a gauge on what "contusions" or "bone bruises" mean exactly.  Could be something most people get and are perfectly fine in less than a week.  Could also be something that hampers a guy the rest of the season.

Anyway Paxton needs to get his shit together.

In more important news, extend the f'ing nets you no talent hacks in the commissioner's office:

The 2-year-old girl who was struck by a foul ball at Minute Maid Park on May 29 suffered a skull fracture and had a seizure, a spokesperson for the family said in a release issued Wednesday. The girl also had subdural bleeding, brain contusions, brain edema and an abnormal electroencephalogram, and is on medication to prevent further seizures.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27061819/family-2-year-old-hit-foul-ball-details-injuries

20 hours ago, .H. said:

Seems he must have attended the Carl Pavano School of Fortitude in the off-season.

Carl Pavano was the absolute worst.

17 hours ago, DMC said:

The MRI for Stanton was reportedly "good."  But it's hard to get a gauge on what "contusions" or "bone bruises" mean exactly.  Could be something most people get and are perfectly fine in less than a week.  Could also be something that hampers a guy the rest of the season.

Anyway Paxton needs to get his shit together.

It is now a PCL strain apparently, the least severe one can see him back in two weeks but the most could be two months.

I'm so disappointed. What is it about coming here that fucks up good pitchers? I don't get it.

9 hours ago, Triskele said:

Didn't read the whole link, but there was the Real Sport story years ago about how insane this situation is and how they've had these nets in Japan forever and how these injuries happen all the time but the media doesn't show it (or didn't). 

Shocking that a sport that’s popular with old white guys has old white guys’ sensibilities.

1 minute ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

So more like Labor Day. I hold my breath after whenever someone slides.

I almost feel like they should ban sliding for 90% of their players.  Gardner is allowed and...Urshela?

Thinking about changing the thread title to The Good, The Bad, and The Mets. No disrespect to the O’s, they’re still just awful, but the Metropolitans are... the Mets. There’s really no other word for it.

2 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Thinking about changing the thread title to The Good, The Bad, and The Mets. No disrespect to the O’s, they’re still just awful, but the Metropolitans are... the Mets. There’s really no other word for it.

I recommend people see their cardiologist before becoming fans of the Mets.

3 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I feel better about it for the smaller players but not the big guys.

I dunno, both Andujar and Torres got injured on slides and they're not exactly huge.

As for the Mets, they're always gonna Mets it up.

Archived