MLB 2019: The Good, The Bad, and The Mets

Myshkin

56 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Thinking about changing the thread title to The Good, The Bad, and The Mets. No disrespect to the O’s, they’re still just awful, but the Metropolitans are... the Mets. There’s really no other word for it.

Wow. Incredible stretch for them. My Mets fan buddy on our text chain is having a breakdown, and it’s so fun.

2 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

So Hal Steinbrenner is willing to go past the third luxury tax threshold to get the right starting pitcher but now his biggest fear is the cost as far as prospects are concerned. I get why he feels like that but am I the only who thinks he's hedging his bets here?

Hal clarified that publicly a few weeks ago.  We'll see if it's true.  The prospects thing is his built-in excuse.  Hal doesn't give a shit about prospects.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Hal clarified that publicly a few weeks ago.  We'll see if it's true.  The prospects thing is his built-in excuse.  Hal doesn't give a shit about prospects.

I just hope whoever they trade it isn't Deivi Garcia. Steinbrenners usually don't give a fuck about prospects, his father sure didn't.

7 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I just hope whoever they trade it isn't Deivi Garcia. 

Yeah Garcia is pretty damn sexy - have you seen his strikeout rate, at Double A, at 20?!?  They better be getting, like, Scherzer if they're sending him out.  Maaaaaaaybe Stroman.  Maybe.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah Garcia is pretty damn sexy - have you seen his strikeout rate, at Double A, at 20?!?  They better be getting, like, Scherzer if they're sending him out.  Maaaaaaaybe Stroman.  Maybe.

If they traded him in division, I would be pissed. Stroman is good but it would have to be part of a package for Scherzer. But even then I might be pissed. He has 24 k's in his last 12 innings. Two starts ago he struck out 15 batters in 6 innings.

14 hours ago, DMC said:

Phew!  Man yeah it's ridiculous.  Feel bad for any British person tuning in for the first time and is like "how long do these games go?!?"

British people willingly watch cricket, so I bet five hours of baseball isn't too crazy.

3 hours ago, ljkeane said:

Cricket matches don’t usually start at 6 in the evening though.

Fair enough.

I have to give British fans credit: they are savvy enough to boo Angel Hernandez (a notoriously awful and reactionary umpire).

Archived