Authors Behaving Like A**holes

Myshkin

To me, his responses to those cliche-stupid interviewer questions, were just what such questions deserved -- most of all they were honest, and there was nothing wrong with them.  For pete's sake! a writer sells 500,000 more of his books?  He's supposed to go all gee whiz shux man I dunno I just don't deserve this, blahblahblah?  Yah, I went drank a bottle of champagne with my besties and celebrated, singing Old Town Road the entire time and everybody sang along with me because I bought the champagne.  :D

If one isn't to feel damned pleased by such news, what in the world ever is somebody entitled to be pleased about?

Long way of saying, whatever or whoever he might be generally, surely in this interview he's not behaving like a d*ck.  As usual, it's the interviewer(s) being obtuse and giving him nothing, nothing at all to work with.

Nah, these people pretty much have to ask inane questions. It's the nature of their jobs and there's only so much variety to add. He agreed to sit down and is being an ass about the questions.

No fucks to give is generally a nice way to say someone has no empathy. And people with no empathy, or who show no empathy, need pretty good reasons (people doing their job isn't one) otherwise they're assholes.

I'll agree, however, that just being a baseline asshole is less easy to rail on that someone co-opting entire cultures ... which is why I said I posted it largely in jest.

10 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I'll agree, however, that just being a baseline asshole is less easy to rail on that someone co-opting entire cultures ... which is why I said I posted it largely in jest.

And Sapkowski is famously something of a curmudgeon. 

10 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

...who?

(I'm terrified of asking, I suspect the answer is going to scar my eyeballs.)

I have no idea either, and like you ....

In the meantime, it seems American Dirt's author fears for her safety so she's canceling the rest of her author's tour.

Except continuing to be on the Oprah Apple program.  I read elsewhere that Oprah says that she wants everyone to hear all the sides of this isssue.  But who is going to hear any of it when it's on Apple other than people who have the money to subscribe and own devices upon which Apple can be seen.  It's not like her syndicated broadcast television program of the past.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/publisher-american-dirt-cancels-author-tour-security-concerns_n_5e31eeecc5b6b7612c091363

28 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Oooooooooooohhhh I’m on my phone but oh my god are you in for a treat. If anyone else wants to pull up some links in the meantime feel free

I would look into this, but I'm busy at the moment and can only partition my mind so much at the same time. Also, I don't know if it's SFW or NSFW.

Archived