Creepiest part

#1dolFAN

Creepiest part in the whole series (including all prequels and source material) has got to be mentioned in Fire & Blood when the Targaryen princess stole The Black Dread and came back burnt to a crisp.. WITH WORMS OF HUMAN FACES SPROUTING FROM HER BODY

seriously, WTF?

5 hours ago, #1dolFAN said:

Creepiest part in the whole series (including all prequels and source material) has got to be mentioned in Fire & Blood when the Targaryen princess stole The Black Dread and came back burnt to a crisp.. WITH WORMS OF HUMAN FACES SPROUTING FROM HER BODY

seriously, WTF?

Agreed, it’s very Lovecraftian. Though I’d say I was more disturbed by the Freys’ treatment of Robb and Grey Wind during the Red Wedding, honestly.

4 hours ago, #1dolFAN said:

Worst violation of Guest Rights since the Rat King!

Actually, the Red Wedding was much worse than what the Rat Cook did. After all, the Rat Cook killed only the king’s son, and baked him into a pie he then served to the king. The Red Wedding otoh not only resulted in thousands of people dead and guest right was broken many, many times over. And that’s not even going into the details. 

16 hours ago, #1dolFAN said:

WITH WORMS OF HUMAN FACES SPROUTING FROM HER BODY

The faces seem to imply human souls being involved. 
So perhaps her essence was consumed to fuel the growth of the worms inside her. 

I also have to wonder if it was somehow related to Butterfly Fever. 
Which also seems like a pretty horrible way to die.   

6 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Actually, the Red Wedding was much worse than what the Rat Cook did. After all, the Rat Cook killed only the king’s son, and baked him into a pie he then served to the king. The Red Wedding otoh not only resulted in thousands of people dead and guest right was broken many, many times over. And that’s not even going into the details. 

Add the fact that not only did the Freys violate Guest Rights, but depending on who you had allegiance to, they were Kingslayers as well

15 hours ago, #1dolFAN said:

Two biggest mysteries for me to be solved are exactly what went down in the Doom of Valyria, and what is that damn meteor all about??

You mean the red comet?  It is the herald of the rebirth of Azor Ahai.  Daenerys was reborn on that day and woke the dragons from stone. 

The Doom was a cataclysm.  The fourteen volcanoes erupting.  One volcano can be bad enough.  Numerous going off simultaneously is a disaster. 

5 minutes ago, Allardyce said:

You mean the red comet?  It is the herald of the rebirth of Azor Ahai.  Daenerys was reborn on that day and woke the dragons from stone.

So is Daenerys then Azor Ahai reincarnated?

And please excuse my ignorance but who is it again that the Red Priest and the Fire Worshippers call upon?

40 minutes ago, #1dolFAN said:

So is Daenerys then Azor Ahai reincarnated?

And please excuse my ignorance but who is it again that the Red Priest and the Fire Worshippers call upon?

I know you didn’t ask me, but I’ll share my 2p’s worth anyway. A comet was also visible when Rhaegar’s son Aegon was conceived. So, the idea that it heralds the arrival of Azor Ahai Reborn is sketchy at best. 

ETA: that said, Dany might very well be AAR. But IMO the better question is, was AA, and is AAR, really a hero? I am not at all convinced. 

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

I know you didn’t ask me, but I’ll share my 2p’s worth anyway. A comet was also visible when Rhaegar’s son Aegon was conceived. So, the idea that it heralds the arrival of Azor Ahai Reborn is sketchy at best. 

ETA: that said, Dany might very well be AAR. But IMO the better question is, was AA, and is AAR, really a hero? I am not at all convinced. 

Well, until the Others are given a good reason for attacking humans (apart from misanthropy), then we have to assume that a god and hero fighting against them have to be sympathetic at least.

10 minutes ago, James Steller said:

Well, until the Others are given a good reason for attacking humans (apart from misanthropy), then we have to assume that a god and hero fighting against them have to be sympathetic at least.

By god and hero do you mean Red Rahloo and AA(R)? If so, that’s kind of my point. We don’t know much about either one, and the little we have heard may be very unreliable. Irt AA, the whole story/prophecy may have been twisted and changed significantly over, what, 5,000 yrs? I have been saying this for a long time, I’m not at all convinced AA(R) was/will be a hero. 

10 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

By god and hero do you mean Red Rahloo and AA(R)? If so, that’s kind of my point. We don’t know much about either one, and the little we have heard may be very unreliable. Irt AA, the whole story/prophecy may have been twisted and changed significantly over, what, 5,000 yrs? I have been saying this for a long time, I’m not at all convinced AA(R) was/will be a hero. 

Maybe not, but my point is that we haven’t been given any reason to sympathize with the Others unless you hate humans.

23 minutes ago, James Steller said:

Maybe not, but my point is that we haven’t been given any reason to sympathize with the Others unless you hate humans.

Sure. But not having reasons to sympathise w/ one side/group doesn’t automatically make the other side/group good/better/etc.

Archived