Cricket 39: Playing COVID-19 With a Straight Bat

Jeor

22 minutes ago, Raja said:

It was indeed amusing reading Paxter's posts regarding Vihari et al - happens to the best of us! :lol:

Haha poor Vihari. I still wouldn't pick him!

In any case, he's unavailable for the 'Gabba. Along with Jadeja. I assume Pant will play as a batsman in the next test as they are running out of players!

Yes, Pant has to play in the next Test - whether as keeper or batsman, you can't drop him after his 97 really set up everything for India. To his credit it came off well, normally he'd have a bright 30 or 40 and then get out but we all got to see what happens when he stays in. If India recall Saha, Pant has to stay as a batsman.

EDIT: This series is even more of an achievement for India considering their best batsman (Kohli) has been missing for most of the series. They probably would have been able to post much better scores if you swapped Kohli out for one of the middle order (most likely Vihari, who admittedly did bat well in this last innings).

Bumrah reportedly out of the final Test. Massive blow for India if so, he is their major strike bowler. Good as the others have been, they aren't as dependable for a top spell as he is.

So many injuries! It's a miracle they've been able to field a full 11 at all.

9 hours ago, Paxter said:

So let me just say: it's not possible that Australia will lose or draw at the 'Gabbatoir. 2-1 Australia series margin.

Mods, please ban this jinxing prick :tantrum:

On the bright side, last test isn't a dead rubber. Lots of heat between the two teams all of a sudden so hopefully India is fired up. They will likely need something to provide a bit of edge after losing so many of their first choice players. Can't wait till Aus go to India now, should be spicy! :lol:

Archived