Star Wars: Ahsoka - How will turn out?

Daeron the Daring

I haven't seen any topics orientating straight for this, so I tought it'd be good to talk about this.

As much as I love the character, I am really afraid of this series. I am simply not sure it will play out well. 

I forced myself to watch Star Wars Rebels. And the ending turned out well (for a cartoon, at least), altough I found the show childish. It was made for kids, of course, but it did gave more joy than I've expected. 

So, will the Ahsoka show continue where the Rebels ended? Getting into finding Ezra, wherever he is? That's fine, altough I did not like Ezra or Sabine that much (i mean it was fine) I see why they could turn out to be good for me in this series.

But what else could this series give us? 

Ahsoka is not the case of Din. He was an unknown character, but Ahsoka already has its own path. Out of finding Ezra, what else could it give? Because I don't see it.

The one and only other thing I think would work out for her would be some new adventures in the unknown part of the galaxy, which could be introduced with finding Ezra noone knows where.

Any ideas?

I didn't have a problem with Dawson or the effects - if a good creative team is in place, it will be fun. However, it's ultimately a dead end, like the Mando simply because the show will be set before the ST. A SWU show set between major events in the canon is fine IF the character involved is minor. I.e. if the Mando was just about bounty hunting and space adventure, it would seem less pointless (though still very fun!) than having Grogu and Luke all show up when we know it's all over 20 years later and that Grogu certainly is either dead or irrelevant (or Snoke).

tl:dr, the Mando should have been set after RoSkywalker. Ahsoka has the same problem. 

3 hours ago, Vaughn said:

I didn't have a problem with Dawson or the effects

Neither did I. Rosario Dawson did a great job. My only problem with her outlook was only the wrinkles on her montral. It isn't supposed to be that way at such a young age of a togruta (Togutas have their life expectancy around 90 years, and it is not uncommon for them to reach 100 years).

However, it's ultimately a dead end, like the Mando simply because the show will be set before the ST

I don't know how you mean the "dead end", but if you mean the way I think you do, then simply ignore them. The way Mando can get an unknown ending because the Mandalorian history isn't part of the ST, Ahsoka can't get one interesting and unknown too, as long as her story will be kept close around the New Jedi Order.

A SWU show set between major events in the canon is fine IF the character involved is minor. I.e. if the Mando was just about bounty hunting and space adventure, it would seem less pointless (though still very fun!)

I can't agree with you on this, since we don't know the fate of Mandalore during thr ST. It might be that it is not part of the New Order, because the New Order's territory was around a quarter of the Empire's.

than having Grogu and Luke all show up when we know it's all over 20 years later and that Grogu certainly is either dead or irrelevant (or Snoke).

Yes, that is a big menace over Grogu's story, but not over Din's. 

Remember that nor Ahsoka, nor Ezra are part of the Jedi Order. Their story does not have to necesarilly stick with the Order's. That's what I've said about the uncharted part of the galaxy, that has never been part of the Republic, the Empire or the Hutt Space. It is an unknown region, but still habited.

If we're to believe that Rey finding her powers was an awakening of the Force detectable across the Galaxy (as referred by Snoke who could sense it), then Grogu is either dead or actually a very minor force user, right?

The whole time line is such an own goal the creatives keep tripling down on. "Coming in 2022, the harrowing story of a low level Empire functionary as he tries to escape the Deathstar I before Luke blows it up."

These people need to get weirder- I demand a full series w/ $20m/episode budget set in the Mon Calamiri shipyard detailing the battle between the management and a nascent worker's union over egg laying leave.*

* I don't care to know how they reproduce. Don't @ me.

1 hour ago, Daeron the Daring said:

I don't know how you mean the "dead end", but if you mean the way I think you do, then simply ignore them. The way Mando can get an unknown ending because the Mandalorian history isn't part of the ST, Ahsoka can't get one interesting and unknown too, as long as her story will be kept close around the New Jedi Order.

Given that Rey hears Ahsoka's voice at the end of RoS, that probably means she's dead by then.

Ezra wasn't in there though, so they could potentially do something with him in the post-sequel era.

7 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

Given that Rey hears Ahsoka's voice at the end of RoS, that probably means she's dead by then.

That means that Ahsoka might have lived around 70 years still. If she died, she might have died by murder too, what I was tryna go to with the age thing is that I didn't like those wrinkles on her montrals. 

Even if she's dead at that point, she might still have 20 years from the point we've seen her in The Mandalorian. And I'm not convinced she is dead at that point, it could turn out to be that she isn't. That's a crossroad for me, still.

ROS is pretty far away from her, too far away to influence in any way what we will se in this series, so I see no point of talking about the sequels.

14 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

Ezra wasn't in there though, so they could potentially do something with him in the post-sequel era.

They will. We'll see.

1 hour ago, Vaughn said:

If we're to believe that Rey finding her powers was an awakening of the Force detectable across the Galaxy (as referred by Snoke who could sense it), then Grogu is either dead or actually a very minor force user, right?

If you rely on the Sequel Trilogy, you won't get far. 

Wheter someone does like those films or not, it is pretty clear that the new trilogy goes straight against the lore of SW. When it comes to the actual lore of the SWU, the Sequels are not to be reliable.

10 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

If you rely on the Sequel Trilogy, you won't get far. 

Wheter someone does like those films or not, it is pretty clear that the new trilogy goes straight against the lore of SW. When it comes to the actual lore of the SWU, the Sequels are not to be reliable.

Yes, that's exactly my point in stating that all of this new content should just be set after RoSkywalker and then this is all a non-issue. Ezra and Ahsoka were good characters in the context of their shows but why not just make new characters set in the new wide open setting of post-RoS? It's baffling, as if Filoni etc... have no faith in either fan's ability to follow new stories or accept new characters when the success of the Clone Wars, Rebels and largely the Mando shows the opposite to be true.

15 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

It's baffling, as if Filoni etc... have no faith in either fan's ability to follow new stories or accept new characters when the success of the Clone Wars, Rebels and largely the Mando shows the opposite to be true.

What is to be shown after ROS then? Getting once again into the circle the OT and the ST did? No. 

The essence of these new shows is this: They do not build this up on the ST, as it did not work out as planned (the major plan was once continuing it, we know why they chose to do otherwise). Instead, they build up on the OT and the PT. Because it is not finished. And it is not only not finished, but they also expand on that region, look at the case of Din Djarin, and the continuation of the Mandalorian history. I don't see the point of leaving a plot hanging. These stories are actually not influenced, nor they are spoiled by the Sequels. 

The stories aren't spoiled by being set before the ST, just less than they could be. The stakes are lowered, pretty much by definition. Din saves a Yoda, who I guess never amounted to much. It's a nice story, but small potatoes. Ahsoka maybe finds Ezra, who doesn't stop the First Order/Palps or become a powerful force user in spite of all his training and early success. Sounds like a bummer!

As to what can be shown after ROS - anything! We're all familiar with the basics of the universe in terms of aliens, technologies, mystical abilities, etc..., it's a turnkey opportunity for a creative mind without the baggage of trying to fit into the events of the movies.

What I'm getting at is where's my Benicio Del Toro arms dealer show?

1 hour ago, Vaughn said:

Sounds like a bummer!

If people would have tought this way, then many would've given up on the entire SW after the ST. That's not where you might focus. That's why seeing Luke in S2 Madalorian gave me so much Joy, despite knowing (and ignoring) what is about to come.

There is a bit of an internal war going on at Lucasfilm between Kathleen Kennedy who is widely blamed for the sequels and Dave Filoni/John Favreau who are the guys behind the Mandalorian. Filoni is also the main guy behind the Ahsoka character.

Rumours I have seen are pointing to the veil of the force in rebels and possibly using that to take the ST out of Canon and I would assume that if Ahsoka finds Ezra in her show that would be how Filoni and Favreau might go about doing that. I really hope we get a Luke and Ahsoka meeting at some point as well.

22 minutes ago, lmanion said:

Rumours I have seen are pointing to the veil of the force in rebels and possibly using that to take the ST out of Canon

More "wishful thinking from youtubers" than actual rumors. Nobody remotely credible is saying this is going to happen. 

I don't even know what "the veil of the force" is. I assume they mean the "world between worlds" but it seems like they just made up a new name for it. 

Agree the ST isn't going anywhere. It's part of the cultural background and the movie were enormous money makers.

It's also a good example for how at some point new movies with new characters can be made. What was fun about Rey and Finn and Poe in TFA was that they were completely new characters without ties to the previous stuff. I was fine w/ Han and Leia and Kylo Ren being their kid but it is very far from the one key element which made the film work.

1 hour ago, Mr Gordo said:

Anyways, the veil of the force I'm fairly certain refers to a power Darksiders use to conceal/diminish the use of light siders to use the force, per Ep 2, but it's uh, been quite a while since I've seen Ep 2(thank god).

That may be true, but it's not what this doofus is talking about. I'm not about to watch his video so I'm basing my understanding of his made up rumor on this article:

The Disney 'Star Wars' Reset Rumors Are Completely Insane

The idea stems from the plot line of a Star Wars Rebels episode. Doomcock explains that, "In the Season 4 episode 13 instalment titled 'A World Between Worlds,' the concept of the Veil of The Force was introduced, a mystical dimension of The Force that connects all time and space.

Except it's ...not called that? It's called the world between worlds. The whole thing is just ridiculous

"Emperor Palpatine had a room on the second Death Star called The Room of Mirrors. The mirrors were created by The Emperor prior to the Death Star through the Dark Side using ancient Sith rituals. These mirrors linked to the Veil of The Force served many purposes. Using them, Palpatine could manipulate The Force in many ways to further his aims," he said.

As far as I can tell he's just making that up whole cloth. There's nothing on the internet about a room of mirrors on the death star. Ezra prevents him from using the world between worlds on rebels. 

I love this part about the "civil-way" between the president of lucasfilm and the guy who hasn't worked there for years. 

Doomcock previously theorized about a so-called "civil-way" going on at Lucasfilm between George Lucas, the original creator of Star Wars, and the production company's president Kathleen Kennedy.

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

The delightfully named Doomcock may be a racist troll but that "article" is literally nothing besides them saying No, I don't think so.

1 hour ago, Mr Gordo said:

I don't want to go on TOO long of a rant as I am new here, but, well, doomcock is a racist, sexist troll who has harassed multiple people out of the SW fan community, been disavowed by Lucasfilm multiple times, and proven many times to actually have no actual knowledge or contacts at any one in Lucasfilm, which all his "rumors" being stuff that's never actually happened. He was a big if not the biggest proponent of all the Kennedy is going to be fired any day now shit that was circling literally the day she RESIGNED her contract. Guy is the Q of Star Wars news.

Which is to say he has no idea what he's talking about and just makes shit up for clicks. 

And also like you said, his facts are just wrong.

(The civil war between Lucas and Kennedy is a new one to me though, and hilarious for stated reasons)

Kennedy has resigned?  Since when?  Her contract is up after 2021, I haven't seen any news of her being reupped.  Regardless of Doomcocks shitty theories based on nothing the current rumour thing is a "civil war" between the faction running Lucasfilm which includes Kennedy, and the TV side which is run by Filoni and Favreau.  Probably based upon as much as the former rumour which is to say nothing.

That's fair and kind of my fault. My issues with the creative direction of the SWU at the macro level seeped in.

I am looking forward to the series. I have a lot of faith in the creative folks. The CGI tech used in the Mando is great and makes this kind of series (main character has CGI elements) a lot more feasible. Much more interested in this than the New Adventures of Old Boba Fett for example.

In terms of spinoffs, I'll put it below Loki and tied with Falcon and the Snowman Winter Soldier, above Wandvision and Cassian Andor.

10 hours ago, Mr Gordo said:

Sorry, I meant the first time her contract was up. 2019? 2018? It feels like a thousand years ago.

Also there is no tv side/movie side like there used to be with Marvel. Kennedy runs the whole thing.

Depends how much you believe from various rumours from things more reputable than the afore mentioned idiot.  But it has been reported that Kennedy essentially has nothing to do with the TV side at all.  Going off all the promotion material from the Mandalorian where she is completely and utterly absent I could believe that.

Archived