Tyrion & Sansa vs Roose & Walda

Moiraine Sedai

29 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

I think it's because both houses know where they stand with each other. Don't forget the Boltons used to skin Starks. In the Dying Of The Light (another GRRM novel) people do this because they think their enemies are sub-human.

Thank you! I wasn’t aware about the other novel but it connects with this story really well.

This all very interesting and I would like to add a small consideration.  Winter is Coming.  That means famine.  I would think that the North might appreciate strong ties to the wealth of Casterly Rock during those hard times.   Might keep a few old men from going hunting permanently.  

2 hours ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Thank you! I wasn’t aware about the other novel but it connects with this story really well.

You're welcome! It's a pretty solid book if you care to read it, I think it's the worse GRRM novel, but it's still pretty good. And most of his works are useful towards understanding ASOIAF, as most have similar themes, elements or plot points.

On a side note, should we make a subforum in the literature forum about GRRM non-ASOIAF writing? 

Some user (I can't remember who) recommended me a Preston Jacobs series of videos in which he compares the Thousand World stories to ASOIAF, I watched a few and don't really care for it, the thing about media discussion that I like is the discussion, and while Jacobs brings up a few interesting things, one can't really discuss those ideas. I've talked about In The House Of The Worm; Dark, Dark Were The Tunnels and (specially) The Armageddon Rag a lot in this forum, but it was mostly with people who hadn't read them, it'd be cool to talk about those great stories (some I think are better than ASOIAF) with actual fans of the work.

Necessary tagging of @Lord Varys because I think he'd be interested, also, I don't know how to start such a thing :/.

3 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

You're welcome! It's a pretty solid book if you care to read it, I think it's the worse GRRM novel, but it's still pretty good. And most of his works are useful towards understanding ASOIAF, as most have similar themes, elements or plot points.

On a side note, should we make a subforum in the literature forum about GRRM non-ASOIAF writing? 

Some user (I can't remember who) recommended me a Preston Jacobs series of videos in which he compares the Thousand World stories to ASOIAF, I watched a few and don't really care for it, the thing about media discussion that I like is the discussion, and while Jacobs brings up a few interesting things, one can't really discuss those ideas. I've talked about In The House Of The Worm; Dark, Dark Were The Tunnels and (specially) The Armageddon Rag a lot in this forum, but it was mostly with people who hadn't read them, it'd be cool to talk about those great stories (some I think are better than ASOIAF) with actual fans of the work.

Necessary tagging of @Lord Varys because I think he'd be interested, also, I don't know how to start such a thing :/.

I am working my way through Nightflyers atm, with Dying of the Light next on my list. It was Preston Jacobs who got me interested in reading George's other work. I also plan on getting a copy of Fevre Dream at some point. 

6 hours ago, Nathan Stark said:

I am working my way through Nightflyers atm, with Dying of the Light next on my list. It was Preston Jacobs who got me interested in reading George's other work. I also plan on getting a copy of Fevre Dream at some point. 

I liked Nightflyers, the best for me are the short stories tho (and Armageddon Rag), and Fevre Dream is the only novel I haven't read, I really look forward to it, but can't find a physical copy.

Lord Roose and Lady Walda.  Roose is a Northman and one of them.  He’s able to enforce laws and maintain a quiet land.  The real negative against Roose is his heir.  But all that changes if Lady Walda produces a son.  Old Walder might celebrate by lowering toll on all products coming from the north through the bridge.

Archived