NBA 2021 - 2022 BENched Simmons

Relic

12 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Nets practice has been deemed a 'private office' so Kyrie can at least practice. 

If you can stretch the definition to mean that, literally everything in NYC is now a private office, including bars and restaurants.

Idiots doing idiot things, and in this case, to placate a stone cold anti-vax flat-earther idiot.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

If you can stretch the definition to mean that, literally everything in NYC is now a private office, including bars and restaurants.

Idiots doing idiot things, and in this case, to placate a stone cold anti-vax flat-earther idiot.

Not to take up for Kyrie; but I think in the case of NBA games and the arenas they are in; treating the players on the court the same way you treat the guy crammed into his seat in section 503 between two guys each weighing 300 lbs is disingenuous.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Not to take up for Kyrie; but I think in the case of NBA games and the arenas they are in; treating the players on the court the same way you treat the guy crammed into his seat in section 503 between two guys each weighing 300 lbs is disingenuous.

Are they not breathing all over one another more so than the fans in the stands?

12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Are they not breathing all over one another more so than the fans in the stands?

Were they doing it last year?

The NBA has controls in place for it.  I can understand the general public mandates for the crowd.  But the players are in as much of a controlled environment as any of us will ever encounter when they are on the court.

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Were they doing it last year?

The NBA has controls in place for it.  I can understand the general public mandates for the crowd.  But the players are in as much of a controlled environment as any of us will ever encounter when they are on the court.

And what about their free time? Basketball players never go to packed indoor clubs, right?

59 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

And what about their free time? Basketball players never go to packed indoor clubs, right?

That’s where the protocols that the players association has agreed to come into play.  Testing and all that such.

My overall point is that when talking about civic rules for indoor spaces, there could be consideration that not all situations are the same.  The court is different from the crowd.

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

That’s where the protocols that the players association has agreed to come into play.  Testing and all that such.

My overall point is that when talking about civic rules for indoor spaces, there could be consideration that not all situations are the same.  The court is different from the crowd.

But they're not just on the court. And even when they are they're still interacting with a shit ton of people, which is the entire point. Not really sure why you're caping for the least defensible player in the NBA right now.

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Brooklyn won't select Kyrie at all until he is able to be a full participant. Excellent, what a prick. 

Not surprising. It could be counterproductive to have to make two different game plans and practicing them would be annoying. I'm not sure they can withhold all his money, but it still puts more pressure on him to get the vaccine and I'd venture to guess KD and Harden signed off on this.

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm not sure they can withhold all his money

Fuck him, how is this not a blatant contract violation? He deserves nothing, in sports terminology he's a pos that cares nothing for his team or his city (and he's from NYC). I don't know how you get much lower than that?

5 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Fuck him, how is this not a blatant contract violation? He deserves nothing, in sports terminology he's a pos that cares nothing for his team or his city (and he's from NYC). I don't know how you get much lower than that?

Because the dispute is with city regulations, not NBA or team policy. 

It looks like, stealing someone else's comment, that he's going to try and rationalize his behavior while getting jabbed by claiming he's anti-anti-anti-vaxxer. Mental gymnastics galore.

On 10/9/2021 at 6:16 PM, DireWolfSpirit said:

Hoping to get a first glimpse of our No.1 pick Monday. Cade has been listed Day to Day with ankle soreness thus far.

Of course mgt. isnt going to take any chances with players health for a preseason contest.

They still haven't played Cade in a preseason game yet. Now I'm worrying how bad he may have jacked that ankle?:eek:

15 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Curry at one seems rather high.

He didn't straight pop into my head as the most valuable either, but after considering the premise of "who can move the needle the most for a contender this season", he does make sense as the best in that role.

I might rank the Joker a little higher in my own view (without any data or analytics to base my opinion upon), and I also think that a healthy LeBron is higher on the list to move a contender onto the throne.

36 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

He didn't straight pop into my head as the most valuable either, but after considering the premise of "who can move the needle the most for a contender this season", he does make sense as the best in that role.

I might rank the Joker a little higher in my own view (without any data or analytics to base my opinion upon), and I also think that a healthy LeBron is higher on the list to move a contender onto the throne.

I think there’s an argument to be made that Curry possibly raises a team’s ceiling more than any other player, but that’s dependent on the guys around him. His gravity is one of one, but that’s wasted if he doesn’t have shooters around him. If Klay comes back at like 80% and they make a trade for another All-Star caliber player they’ll be a contender, but absent that I’m not sure how good the Warriors are.

For me KD is the best player right now by a clear margin when healthy. And what’s scary is Harden might be second. 

Archived