Skin and Hair Care

Mr. Chatywin et al.

I've always hated getting my hair cut, but now me and my boy go together, he sits in the car seat and has the most pensive expression the whole time, like its an absolute violation, its cute as fuck.  Then they give him a lolly. 

I really don't like it when they burn off my ear hair, but i do appreciate a good eyebrow trim.

I’ve always had pretty clear skin as an adult, I totally took it for granted, but I had absolutely no skin care routine and hardly ever broke out. 
ever since I’ve been getting b12 iron injections for a deficiency and to try and help my chronic fatigue following Covid, my skin along my neck is awful!!! I’m so not used to having bad skin so I’ve gone into a bit of an upset slump about it but now I need to get proactive and sort it. Not sure if anyone else has ever encountered similar with those types of injections? 

7 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

ever since I’ve been getting b12 iron injections for a deficiency and to try and help my chronic fatigue following Covid, my skin along my neck is awful!!! I’m so not used to having bad skin so I’ve gone into a bit of an upset slump about it but now I need to get proactive and sort it. Not sure if anyone else has ever encountered similar with those types of injections? 

Think positively, now it's time to just get sexy turtleneck clothes for a bit.

Have the long Covid symptoms gotten better? It's been a bit since we talked about it. 

On 12/19/2023 at 5:08 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Think positively, now it's time to just get sexy turtleneck clothes for a bit.

Have the long Covid symptoms gotten better? It's been a bit since we talked about it. 

I’ve long mastered the art of dressing like a librarian. I think it’s basically like dressing like a museum worker, which I am :lol: 

but I’m going to call the doctors and find out WTF is going on!! I want my clear skin back!! 

Much better thank you, 2024 is about dealing with the repercussions of 2023 but I reckon it’ll be a good year for me :D I was born on the 24th of the month 1994, so I DEMAND it’s a good year for my 30th! 

On 12/21/2023 at 12:15 AM, Madame deVenoge said:

I would talk to a dermatologist, or even the health care provider giving you the B12 injections. 

I realize that’s not a great answer, but they might be able to help you manage that side effect?

Otherwise, I’d just try all the standard acne remedies - benzoyl peroxide, alpha-hydroxy acids, etc. start with one and give it a couple weeks; don’t just blast your skin or you will have worse issues!!

Yes first port of call is the doctors and ask if there’s a link between the b12 and the breakout and then find a good acne remedy and stick with that for a bit! It sounds like a humble brag (it really isn’t!!!) but I just don’t have a lot of practise with spotty skin as an adult. I always had really clear skin. Trying not to be too upset about it though, it is what it is! 

• 1 month later...

Hair is finally getting pretty long. @Madame deVenoge is going to have a good laugh at me in a few weeks. Even more so when I ask @Kelli Fury for two very silly tattoos. It would actually be pretty funny if she agreed to give me the small one with other borders to watch to see if I'm as tough as I think I am in Chat's room.

On 12/23/2023 at 11:55 AM, Theda Baratheon said:

I’ve long mastered the art of dressing like a librarian. I think it’s basically like dressing like a museum worker, which I am :lol: 

but I’m going to call the doctors and find out WTF is going on!! I want my clear skin back!! 

Much better thank you, 2024 is about dealing with the repercussions of 2023 but I reckon it’ll be a good year for me :D I was born on the 24th of the month 1994, so I DEMAND it’s a good year for my 30th! 

My apologies for not responding sooner. I'm glad to hear things are getting better even if you continue to dress like a librarian. If nothing else, Rachel Weisz looked hot as hell in The Mummy. Pretty sure you can also pull it off. ;)

On 12/23/2023 at 5:57 PM, Theda Baratheon said:

Yes first port of call is the doctors and ask if there’s a link between the b12 and the breakout and then find a good acne remedy and stick with that for a bit! It sounds like a humble brag (it really isn’t!!!) but I just don’t have a lot of practise with spotty skin as an adult. I always had really clear skin. Trying not to be too upset about it though, it is what it is! 

La Roche Posay has some really excellent skin care, from cleansers to moisturisers to serums etc. They have different ranges depending on your problems. I've been suffering with dry skin and eczema as I've mentioned here previously and after clearing up the outbreak its been great for keeping my skin hydrated and clear. I am pretty sure they have some lines aimed at acne and/or oily skin. I'd say its worth a look at least!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Almost a year in now. I wish @Kelli Fury was still active here so she could laugh at me for you all to see. I have a tattoo consultation with her in a few days. B) Hopefully the first of many. 

Tried tying it back a little bit ago and that was a fail, lol. 

• 1 month later...

Well today it finally happened, cut almost all of it off. I found it to be fun having long hair, but it was time and frankly it didn't look the best. I'll miss twirling it with my fingers though. There was so much on the floor, lol. That said... 

Only the evil dog seems to disagree. I am now a stranger to her, but she's coming around. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Well today it finally happened, cut almost all of it off. I found it to be fun having long hair, but it was time and frankly it didn't look the best. I'll miss twirling it with my fingers though. There was so much on the floor, lol. That said... 

Only the evil dog seems to disagree. I am now a stranger to her, but she's coming around. 

How long was it? And how short is it now?

20 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

How long was it? And how short is it now?

Bangs covered around half my face getting out of the shower, the back and sides were shoulder length and very curly. Now I'd say the top is two to three inches in the front going to one to two in the back. Hard to tell because of the product. Sides and back of my head are buzzed to a five or six with a slight fade. Also got a comb and styling gel that might work better. Still have the small spot in the back that's thinning a bit, but people say it really isn't that noticeable. We all see our flaws more than most of the people around us. I don't think I'll grow it out like that again though. Short hair just looks better on me. Wish I looked good with a buzz cut, but I don't and I know it because a lot of girls in HS told me. I'd buzz it before the start of each sport season cause I hated helmet hair and long hair playing basketball really sucks if you can't tie it back.