Cyberpunk 2078

Werthead

8 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

It’s the end of No Easy Way Out when you need to meet Aaron after exiting the scav base. No particular point in the area to wait for him. 

He should be in a boxing match somewhere nearby. No crowds anywhere near the map quest marker?

4 hours ago, IlyaP said:

He should be in a boxing match somewhere nearby. No crowds anywhere near the map quest marker?

End of the quest not the start….nvm looked it up online ,gotta wait out a few days ,and then I get a text from him, kinda weird way to end the quest.
I also haven’t yet triggered the Sandra Dorsett quest even though I’m almost level 40. I think it’s to do with them changing quest triggers after 2.0 so again will just wait it out…

Btw am I the only one who thinks of Pan American Airlines whenever Panam is mentioned ? I think I’ve seen Catch Me if You Can one too many times :P it’s also an Indian name that’s pronounced as ‘Pe-Num (Num rhyming with Numb) so in my head canon she’s a Hindu lol. 

Started rewatching edgerunners and it’s so much more enjoyable after playing the game as you catch on to all the smaller things like Lucy using short circuit and the mono wire, the phone messages, similiar transition styles etc Studio Triggers were definitely fans of the game ,similarly there’s also a drink named after David in the game, and I’m really excited for more content from them just as much as future games 

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

I think the Sandra Dorsett trigger isn't proactively firing ATM, but I picked up her databank when I did the gig in the same building for Regina and I just had to call Sandra and the quest continued like it's supposed to.

So if you've picked it up try giving her a call.

So Ran and I had quite different reactions to Song with Ran

Spoiler

being much more critical than I am. I didn't even think of it as a possibility but I just saw a comment on Reddit that femme V's line delivery sounds a lot more aware of the possibility that Song is playing us, but sympathetic to her anyway. I'm inferring that it isn't that masc V sees the same and isn't sympathetic, but that he's genuinely played by Song. 

It does make me wonder if that's influencing why I think she's such a great foil for V's story.

Edited by karaddin

Very interesting thought. Without playing it through again with the opposite gender, can't say if that holds, but it'd be interesting if the two voice actors gave slightly different spins on things and you built a different picture of what was going on just based on the subconscious influence of that.

Spoiler

So, I certainly just saw the situation playing out and just thought, okay, it's a spy story, people are playing games, who the hell do I trust? Johnny is, of course, in your ear about not trusting anyone and probably shouldn't get involved, so there's that. 

The turning point to me was the talk with Reed where basically he laid out how Songbird's plans always seemed to go awry, and that she was a victim of her own choices. That's where I decided to help Reed get ahold of her, in the end, as I struggled for awhile over the decision and decided in the end that her plan wasn't likely to work and Reed was honestly trying to help her and V with his plan of debriefing her and then going AWOL to Europe to get her help. But then after going through the stuff in the Militech base, she was so broken...

But I don't know, maybe the male voice actor's performance also seemed a little more trusting and so the surprise at being played so thoroughly came off as sharper, and maybe that plays a role in how I perceived what was going on. 

ETA: Also, 2.02 is coming soon. Some small fixes for bugs, plus rebalancing the car deadline times since 90% of the time they were basically impossible.

Edited by Ran

7 hours ago, Ran said:

rebalancing the car deadline times since 90% of the time they were basically impossible.

That for the Capitan carjacks? They seem fairly easy to me. Anyone comes at me, I engage auto-break on their car and drive away cackling while they fly through their windshields.

2 hours ago, IlyaP said:

That for the Capitan carjacks? They seem fairly easy to me. Anyone comes at me, I engage auto-break on their car and drive away cackling while they fly through their windshields.

He’s talking about the time based carjack missions, not the missions in general. I agree the time limit is kinda fucked right now 

Just now, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

He’s talking about the time based carjack missions, not the missions in general. I agree the time limit is kinda fucked right now 

Must not have had those yet. Have only done a few for capitan before getting distracted by shiny objects.

I’m currently alternating between dogtown and main quest gigs to pace it out better, as well as character quests. Nice to see things done in the main quest like the vodoo storyline has an impact on the dogtown stuff.

Finally doing Takemuras Parade quest after keeping him waiting forever. Playing on hard and the game has finally given me a solid reason to be sneaky lol. That said, a lot of the Dogtown dynamic quests like the militech air drops and clusters of enemies guarding goodies is much more difficult than many of the main quest segments, which is kinda absurd.

I just finished Claire’s racing quests ,the quest with Peralaz which started off as a simple mayor murder mystery,Delamains quests and the quest with the crucification guy which started off as a completely different quest.

Holy fuck I take it back, the side quests in this game are fucking epic, sometimes more so than the main storylines and I love how they begin as something small and end up becoming something else entirely by the end. 

In any other game, Claire’s quests would’ve just been the generic car racing missions ending with a big price pool at the end. This game makes the effort of fully fleshing  out her backstory as a transgender character with a tragic loss and gives us multiple endings, culminating with a fantastic car race set piece in the end. 

And this game does it again and again with each and every side quest (well except the psycho mission and certain fixer quests are more simple but that’s not the norm)

I think CD Projekt as finally superseded BioWare in my eyes, in creating the most memorable and emotional companion characters in a RPG, although BioWare hasn’t been serious competition in that area since 2012 admittedly. 

Also heard the edgerunners theme on body heat FM , man hits different after the anime….Really loving this game, and I know the end of both the main storyline and PL will leave me feeling empty afterwards like when Geralt woke up in Kaer Morhen at the end of Witcher 3…ah well. Enjoying the journey so much. 

Dont ever change CD Projekt Red !

Which apartment are you guys roleplaying for your V? i think for me , The Glen fits in best, as he is a corpo rat but also dosent want to be reminded of it constantly by living in corpo plaza and glen is large and luxurious enough in the second best neighborhood with the best views and a nice nearby park (reconcilation park). also even though everyone keeps referring to V as a kid, i feel my character feels like hes atleast in his mid 30s, going by the voice acting and the dry, experienced dialogue choices i make while roleplaying him. Corpo path also has a long history in NC already which is more fitting for a guy in his late 30s. Car wise i honestly just stick with that free, sports/weaponized car you get during one of the delamaine quests, its great looks wise and as a tank and for speed. May eventually get the Hellhound and the Caliburn when i have eddies to burn, right one still upgrading my quick hacks,Mantis blades and cybergear, reached level 42 and still got alot of improvements to make on that front. 

My choice of weapons seems to have locked in finally to( specializing in tech,reflex and cool(20) with remaining minor points to be put in INT and Body)  

1) Lizzie (best tech pistol IMO) 

2)Widowmaker (tech precision rifle that works well in combo with my knife) 

3)Stinger(best knife and works well with widow for the poison+bleed combo) 

11 minutes ago, Ran said:

So, V's birthdate as originally glimpsed in the game made them 27... But for some reason they were aged down to 23 in 2.0. There was a Reddit thread about it.

I prefer the 27 age, myself.

Yeah 27 -35 seems more appropriate based on V’s voice acting and potential personalities.In corpo path (I haven’t played the others yet) he also has had quite a bit of a past already (he’s known Jackie for a long time) and his own bought apartment which a 23 yr old won’t really have had at that point. 

Btw in regards to our previous conversation about lack of more romance options, I was just going through the Reddit cyberpunk threads and apparently a lot of people are thirsting over Takemura for a romance option ! Just goes to show that gamers are a horny bunch :P Goes without saying that the DLC favourite is Songbird and the weirdest choice was someone wanting Delamaine. Are the BG3 crowd huge fans of cyberpunk also ? I guess if V jerks off than Johnny Is covered.

Yeah, Corpo V is the one that sticks out to me. Streetkid and Nomad V, I guess, can be younger, but Corpo V is basically a mid-level executive of Arsaka's corporate branch in Night City. Given what Edgerunners shows, Corpo V went to an Arasaka-sponsored school and may have landed a job at Arasaka straight out of the gate, but that gives 5 years (with the new age) to climb to where V is.  It feels like 9 years makes more sense, but others have argued that if you just take V as very ambitious and read into the details of their relationship with Jenkins, V could have basically been fast-tracked by Jenkins for pulling his bacon out of the fire on some occasion. So... maybe?

But 27 just feels better. I really don't know why CDPR changed it.