Cyberpunk 2078

Werthead

Also, I just can’t understand all that moaning about this game world feeling empty with not enough things to do from gamers.NC is THE most densest city I’ve ever played in an open world game and there are fixers calling me literally every hour with new quests and during exploration im discovering new stuff. Lots of dynamic encounters throughout driving around NC and tons of mini games like street racing and boxing. Did a lot of this come after 2. 0? Because my experience of this game finds it way more alive than say Skyrim or GTA. Give me a smaller but more dense game map any day over a Starfield or No Mans Sky.

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

On blades - I think you really have to go either pure stealth and cool or, more likely, go with tech and getting your cyberware capacity up. Because cyberware gives armor now that's where you get a lot of durability. You may have to favor some skeletal and integumenary ware if you want to do more with it. I found that with max tech and lots of good armor I can just wade in and beat the shit out of people with gorilla arms now, which is oddly awesome.

Getting the tech health item perks helps a lot too.

On the emptiness of the world - the only charitable thing I can say is that the city has a remarkably large amount of buildings that you cannot do anything in. Lots of doors aren't operable or anything. But that feels like a very silly quibble to me - the city is a crazy dense maze of tons of weird paths, often rewards exploring and getting into places you shouldn't, has tons of gigs and ncpd encounters and gang groups followed now by random car chases and blockades. It feels huge and always feels real in a weird organic city building way.

25 minutes ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

On the emptiness of the world - the only charitable thing I can say is that the city has a remarkably large amount of buildings that you cannot do anything in. Lots of doors aren't operable or anything. But that feels like a very silly quibble to me - the city is a crazy dense maze of tons of weird paths, often rewards exploring and getting into places you shouldn't, has tons of gigs and ncpd encounters and gang groups followed now by random car chases and blockades. It feels huge and always feels real in a weird organic city building way.

By contrast, we had Morrowind, where every door could theoretically be opened, and had something behind it. I really would have liked to be able to go into buildings and explore them in greater detail, but I can appreciate how much extra work that would involve, and how it would blow up the install size as well, and offer nothing more than busy work for players. But it would have been cool to have, to know that there's something there. 

2 hours ago, IlyaP said:

By contrast, we had Morrowind, where every door could theoretically be opened, and had something behind it. I really would have liked to be able to go into buildings and explore them in greater detail, but I can appreciate how much extra work that would involve, and how it would blow up the install size as well, and offer nothing more than busy work for players. But it would have been cool to have, to know that there's something there. 

Yeah but it’s always been superficial with Bethesda games. With the exception of dishonoured and fallout new vegas(made by others even tho Bethesda owns it) rich npc character quests which actually have an impact are completely missing in their games, where they just exist to carry stuff and fight for you with barely any interaction. Red dead 2 might’ve been the best of CD Projekt and Bethesda into one but their mission style quests are still too narrowly constrained and linear compared to both the other studios. I guess one single game just can’t have it all but I’d any day take Cyberpunks approach of richer,denser quests and main storyline, over simple exploration of interiors that Bethesda offers. Both offer great dynamic events and mini games. I still play a heavily modded Skyrim to this day so they must’ve got something right!

Really warmed up to this game now, the gameplay is much better than Witcher 3 and the story and characters is on par, with just the side quests being a touch lower. And I’ve read all 7 Witcher books and still equally love cyberpunks world. Are there any good cyberpunk novels written? I’ve already seen Edgerunners.

3 hours ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

On blades - I think you really have to go either pure stealth and cool or, more likely, go with tech and getting your cyberware capacity up. Because cyberware gives armor now that's where you get a lot of durability. You may have to favor some skeletal and integumenary ware if you want to do more with it. I found that with max tech and lots of good armor I can just wade in and beat the shit out of people with gorilla arms now, which is oddly awesome.

Getting the tech health item perks helps a lot too.

Yeah I’m focusing in cool,reflex and tech. Keeping body at mid and intelligence at low as I don’t really care for netrunning. I do stealth in some situations and guns blazing in others rather than purely a single build. Gonna focus on tanking up now though as I’ve already developed a lot of stealth. I actually think the stealth in this game is the third best I’ve played after dishonoured and deus ex HR. They’ve made it quite viable except certain scripted encounters. 

Without Spoiling- are any boss fights achievable via stealth like dishonoured ?

5 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

The main issue is that getting close to enemies for melee without cover results in me taking tons of damage and dying pretty quickly, any tips on how to become a stronger melee tank for mantis blades play style guys ?

The perk tree -- Lead and Steel (deflect bullets), Bullet Deflect (aim deflected bullets wherever your reticle is pointed), Finisher: Bladerunner (restore up to 25% health on a finisher), Opportunist (enemies more susceptible to finishers), maybe Going the Distance (100% finisher range). You pop out from cover, deflect some bullets to get your bearings, strong attack to close distance, whack them a bit until you get the finisher, finish them to restore health and while time is slowed for the animation check your mini-map to figure out where to turn to find the next closest target. Rinse, repeat.

That said, armor and mitigation stuff is good to have. Plus healing. 

4 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

NC is THE most densest city I’ve ever played in an open world game

Yeah. I know people like roleplaying and exploring, so sure, maybe they could have done all this stuff where you need to eat and drinks, sit down at restaurants and get a menu and leave a Yelp review, etc., but ... whatever. The city is insanely multi-layered, you can literally find multiple encounters in the same location because you can go from a rooftop to the super highway to the underpass to a subterranean market to a maze of alleys.

Edited by Ran

9 minutes ago, Ran said:

The perk tree -- Lead and Steel (deflect bullets), Bullet Deflect (aim deflected bullets wherever your reticle is pointed), Finisher: Bladerunner (restore up to 25% health on a finisher), Opportunist (enemies more susceptible to finishers), maybe Going the Distance (100% finisher range). You pop out from cover, deflect some bullets to get your bearings, strong attack to close distance, whack them a bit until you get the finisher, finish them to restore health and while time is slowed for the animation check your mini-map to figure out where to turn to find the next closest target. Rinse, repeat.

That said, armor and mitigation stuff is good to have. Plus healing. 

Yeah. I know people like roleplaying and exploring, so sure, maybe they could have done all this stuff where you need to eat and drinks, sit down at restaurants and get a menu and leave a Yelp review, etc., but ... whatever. The city is insanely multi-layered, you can literally find multiple encounters in the same location because you can go from a rooftop to the super highway to the underpass to a subterranean market to a maze of alleys.

Yep my next round of perks going into all of these now, just got dash recently. Not using Sandvestan as I still enjoy quick hacking but I’ve heard there are other time slowing perks so will figure those out.  

Even for hardcore roleplayers, you can buy another apartment (ie move up in life), new cars with unique interiors , enjoy a nice drink at a local bar, play mini games, text/call people, surf the web, eat,sleep, watch tv/radio in your house after a long day of quests, rent a room in a motel, steal vehicles,loot,machine turrets,change appearance and clothes etc - just tons of stuff a good hardcore RPG should have.

I seriously don’t get this complaint.Either stemmed from the disastrous launch or people didn’t play enough as it does take a while to open up.

So, some of the stuff you list came later and wasn't there at launch -- specifically, buying additional apartments came with like 1.5 or 1.6, and you could not change your appearance to start with until they added that to the ripperdocs.

But still, all the other stuff was there.

35 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

As in, within this setting? Only one so far - No Coincidence by Rafal Kosik, which is very missable and blandly written (though it might be better in the original Polish for all I know)

Yeah the setting, ahh okay I’ll take a pass… this franchise would be great in graphic novels as well 

2 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Without Spoiling- are any boss fights achievable via stealth like dishonoured ?

Can't speak to the "like dishonored" part as I haven't played it, but prior to 2.0 at least there's definitely at least 2 that could be done with stealth with includes the final boss in most endings, although there's 2 which don't have that so I guess "at least 1" if you choose either of them. 

You are forced into combat at the start but at least with certain quick hacks (possibly without) it was possible to get out of combat and use stealth take downs - they even have unique animations for them, but it may require getting out of combat more than once as it takes more than one to finish them. I suspect it's actually easier with 2.0 as one of the relic skills makes optical camo get you out of combat.

2 hours ago, Ran said:

So, some of the stuff you list came later and wasn't there at launch -- specifically, buying additional apartments came with like 1.5 or 1.6, and you could not change your appearance to start with until they added that to the ripperdocs.

But still, all the other stuff was there.

I was going to argue that it was 1.4 but that's because I forgot about 1.6 and I've been shifting the version numbers down one haha. 

You couldn't even change your hair and make up in the mirror in 1.3, I think that was added in 1.4 then apartments 1.5 and sleeping at your romances home in either 1.5 or 1.6. Ripperdoc full appearance change was maybe 1.6?

Minigames i think had roach race in 1.5 and the other 2 only with 2.0. As far as I know cars were always there though.

I completely agree with the point though, even without all this it was still a very dense game environment with a ton to do, but the post launch hate and the rough launch overrode all sense. Pointing to things that were in earlier promos for all the "important" missing features is one you'll still see people going on about, although hopefully the most common one (the police system) is finally gone. I've never even understood the fixation on that, you literally work for the cops a ton - openly fighting them regularly conflicts with the core story element of V's employment. The crimes you're committing aren't meant to be the type that ever get reported to NCPD.

20 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Yeah the setting, ahh okay I’ll take a pass… this franchise would be great in graphic novels as well 

There are a BUNCH of comics/graphic novels which are exceptionally well-drawn and designed. It's just the No Coincidence novel that was super meh, with very bland, boring prose, and only the slightest of connectivity to the game. I can't recommend it because it doesn't offer anything meaningful on its own or in relation to the game. 

1 hour ago, IlyaP said:

Holy crap the chimera fight. 

I have also discovered that early on in, if you don't get to Myers quickly, and dawdle and wander and look at stuff, Songbird basically flashflies your brain remotely, accusing V of having killed Myers. Wild, man.

Lol that's what happens if you leave as well. And yeah that's the fight that took me 3 hours.

31 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

THREE HOURS?

....h...how are you that patient?! 

You haven't played a souls game yet have you? Lol. Malenia in Elden Ring took me something like 110 attempts over 3 nights. Getting through that once broke me and now it seems normal!

26 minutes ago, karaddin said:

You haven't played a souls game yet have you? Lol. Malenia in Elden Ring took me something like 110 attempts over 3 nights. Getting through that once broke me and now it seems normal!

You needed Let Me Solo Her to drop by!

1 hour ago, karaddin said:

*Blink*

*Blink*

110...attempts...

I just...what.

Clearly I've missed out on nothing annoying whatsoever by avoiding souls-likes on the recommendation of my friends, who know how impatient I can get.

Honestly, the toughest encounter in the game for me has historically been

Spoiler

Going after Nash and the Raffen Shiv with Panam. Something about the way they're spread out and the obstacles in the way has, variously, made it easy to get pinned down (first run as stealth pistol) or chewed up by fire when awkwardly trying to get close (both of my last runs).

I took three or four tries before I managed, whereas I did the Chimera in one shot. Obviously, I was higher.level and much better geared by that point, so that makes a difference.