Cyberpunk 2078

Werthead

1 hour ago, IlyaP said:

Gotcha, thank you. I've been trying to get into Dogtown by just putzing around south of the church in Pacifica, and haven't been able to find any sort of obvious way in (I admit to the possibility of Boy Look being very likely!)

Yeah the entrance is closed until after you have the conversation at the entrance that I've been talking about. Rude Barghest jerks.

I must say though,I’m disappointed with the lack of NPC romance options, especially compared to RPGs like Mass Effect,Dragon Age, Fire Emblem or Baldurs Gate 3. Hell even the Witcher series or Skyrim has more options overall including casual encounters. Also they should’ve kept NPC gender preferences fluid like BG3 so the player could’ve had all possible options to decide from.As a male V, Judy is my actual soul mate lol. Yes I know it can be modded into the game but it would feel inauthentic.

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

12 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Also they should’ve kept NPC gender preferences fluid like BG3 so the player could’ve had all possible options to decide from.As a male V, Judy is my actual soul mate lol. Yes I know it can be modded into the game but it would feel inauthentic.

To be fair, how many people do *you* know that would want to date a murder hobo like V? :D 

1 hour ago, IlyaP said:

To be fair, how many people do *you* know that would want to date a murder hobo like V? :D 

Equally applicable for the crazed adventurer in BG3, Skyrim, etc... I tried going all out murderous just once to check out the 5 star police system response, did not disappoint- dead in 5 seconds. Else im roleplaying realistically and even obeying all traffic signals and lane rules lol

Got the detonate grenade achievement in Pacifica, though there may have been some collateral damage (it was a rave with some hoodlums). 

Now just superhero landing, and I guess I need to finally do the Temperance and Devil endings. But first, I'm mostly done with Kerry's quest line, and then I guess I get the one-off missions from Us Cracks, and then... I don't know, maybe I'll do Claire's races to get the cars (I now own almost everything Muamar has to offer, plus all the apartments). 

And I think that's it? All NCPD scans cleared, all gigs cleared, cyberpsychos all gone. It's a pretty empty map. Air drops and car heists are most of the remaining action if I don't want to farm Pacifica just to raise cash.

I've added about 80 hours of playtime since 2.0 and PL released. All in all, money well spent.

What's your cyberware capacity at? I'm pretty much maxing my edgerunner over cap utilization and think I should clear some more scanners to try get that down a little before heading into the end of the game haha.

Rodrigo - I understand the frustration with the limitations but it really was done to serve the characterization of the romance options. Or at least it was with Judy, Panam and Kerry - not so much with River.  They're trying to make the characters feel as real as possible by having lives outside their interactions with the main character and for me at least this really contributes to that. 

I loved BG3 as well - just look back at my posts in those threads for how heavily I dove into that and did 3 runs back to back. The romances in that never felt even close to what the ones in Cyberpunk managed for me. I think part of that is probably the setting - they never get the moments to just exist in day to day life in the middle of that epic fantasy adventure, another part is the 1st person perspective with ridiculously good facial/eye animations that Cyberpunk has in its corner, but part of it is also that the BG3 characters are just too heavily defined by their relationship to the main character.

Cyberpunk is at some of it's best with the quests that have little to do with being a merc. Pyramid Song and Boat Ride (which you haven't got to yet) are essentially just sharing a non romantic intimate moment with these characters and chilling, so far away from "gamey" things. Going on a date with Karlach feels like it's trying to take a leaf out of this book and it's good, but it's just too short to really hit the same kind of note.

I'm level 22 and I just got to the market in Dogtown. 

...Am I going to die often and in horrible ways? I got the impression that I shouldn't go into PL unless I was level 40 or so, but...I've already done over 300 hours of this game and I really don't want to spend more time levelling up V in the game again, as I've explored every nook and cranny and I just kinda want to get on with things. 

The game scales, you should be fine. As noted, the character you get if you start with the idea of playing PL directly is like level 15.

Don't forget to hit up the junk shop staffed by two friendly Polish guys (actually, two of the game's developers), it sells a bunch of experience shards to help you on your leveling.

@karaddin

A little over 300, which means I'm missing out on using a bunch of the iconics available in Dogtown. There are tricks to get more cyberware capacity shards, but it seems that once you hit level 60 they just don't drop anymore.

I've seen the argument that if you really want to min-max, leave as many gigs and NCPD incidents alone until you're level 30-40, so that the shards are of higher quality level (and thus give you more benefit).

Edited by Ran

8 minutes ago, Ran said:

Don't forget to hit up the junk shop staffed by two friendly Polish guys (actually, two of the game's developers), it sells a bunch of experience shards to help you on your leveling.

Where do I find this junk shop? 

I've got all of Thursday to myself, so I was hoping to explore PL a bit more tomorrow. I picked up a few things from the gun vendor immediately upon entering the markets, and upgraded my chrome as well with the local ripper, but that's it so far.

7 minutes ago, karaddin said:

I just wasn't sure about the boss fight. Having only done it once I have no idea what the scaling does to it and whether it's enough to offset not having many toys yet.

/hears the above in a Jack Nicholson Joker voice. 

"Where does she get those WONDERFUL toys?" 

:)

I'd disagree - while the game does scale Dogtown and PL expect you to have a fair amount of breadth in options and depth in a specific quality build that it will likely be much harder than it will be at, say, 30 or 40. I mean, try it if you like and let us know, but it is going to be pretty challenging I suspect, especially the boss fights. 

In particular I think most people are pretty squishy at that level because they won't have much in the way of armor or cyberware or health - all of those things tend to be gotten later in builds. Scaling is relatively linear by comparison, which ends up meaning mitigation options tend to be more powerful as the game goes on.  There are also a lot of specific build combos that don't really unlock until you get into the 30s that will significantly increase your power.

30 minutes ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

I mean, try it if you like and let us know, but it is going to be pretty challenging I suspect, especially the boss fights. 

Saw someone with a pistol and AR taking down the first PL boss. Took a long stretch, but frankly about as long as it took me, and I was like level 40 or something when I started (but then, throwing knife and katana were not ideal for the fight).

It's funny that after I went on a car buying spree, that the first time I summoned the Riptide "Terrier" (really fun car, sort of a Lotus Espirit crossed with an Aston Martin Bulldog with aspirations to be a Lamborghini), a completely maniacal car just side-swiped me and went careening off at high speed. I tried to chase it on foot for a stretch, and it full-on drove into a wall and exploded in flames, one occupant was flung out, the other burned to a crisp. And after that, had it happen several more times.

They weren't marked as enemies, they weren't entering combat, it was just... someone going cyberpsycho at the wheel and gunning it. Not sure if it was deliberate or not, but it was diverting.

That said, for most trips in Night  City, motorcycles are just the best choice as you can lane split, so pesky traffic is rarely a hinderance.

4 hours ago, karaddin said:

Rodrigo - I understand the frustration with the limitations but it really was done to serve the characterization of the romance options. Or at least it was with Judy, Panam and Kerry - not so much with River.  They're trying to make the characters feel as real as possible by having lives outside their interactions with the main character and for me at least this really contributes to that. 

I loved BG3 as well - just look back at my posts in those threads for how heavily I dove into that and did 3 runs back to back. The romances in that never felt even close to what the ones in Cyberpunk managed for me. I think part of that is probably the setting - they never get the moments to just exist in day to day life in the middle of that epic fantasy adventure, another part is the 1st person perspective with ridiculously good facial/eye animations that Cyberpunk has in its corner, but part of it is also that the BG3 characters are just too heavily defined by their relationship to the main character.

Cyberpunk is at some of it's best with the quests that have little to do with being a merc. Pyramid Song and Boat Ride (which you haven't got to yet) are essentially just sharing a non romantic intimate moment with these characters and chilling, so far away from "gamey" things. Going on a date with Karlach feels like it's trying to take a leaf out of this book and it's good, but it's just too short to really hit the same kind of note.

True, I mean it helps immensely that Panam is an extremely well written badass in addition to being quite hot :P but considering we get to bond with judy in almost every way except romance it feels off not being able to go all the way. That said I think the game does subtly imply her sexuality so appreciate that realism. 

8 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

we get to bond with judy in almost every way except romance it feels off not being able to go all the way

Platonic friendships are a thing. Did you feel like V and Jackie should have been banging?

7 hours ago, Ran said:

Platonic friendships are a thing. Did you feel like V and Jackie should have been banging?

Well..if I was roleplaying as female V, I would’nt have minded heh. I also have a thing for Misty, yeah I know I’m lusting after all of em lol

Currently I have a precision rifle/pistol/smg build, but just recently bought mantis blades and trying to add blade combat to my play style. The main issue is that getting close to enemies for melee without cover results in me taking tons of damage and dying pretty quickly, any tips on how to become a stronger melee tank for mantis blades play style guys ?