2. Melisandre

3. Quentyn

My Least Favourite:

1. Areo Hotah

2. Arianne (may be subject to change)

3. Aeron (may be subject to change)

9 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I wish Stannis was a PoV!

I wish so too. I want to see for myself exactly how complicit he was in Renly's death. :angry::(

I think he knew that Renly was going to die but I don't know if he knew the specifics.

It would really help to see inside people's heads so I can decide how guilty they are.

1 minute ago, Craving Peaches said:

I wish so too. I want to see for myself how complicit he was in Renly's death. :angry::(

I would just really love to be inside his head. But I ask you, are you prepared to accept disappointment? 

4 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I wish so too. I want to see for myself exactly how complicit he was in Renly's death. :angry::(

I think he knew that Renly was going to die but I don't know if he knew the specifics.

I don’t remember specific dialogue from before Renly’s death b/c it’s been forever since I reread the books. But from [possibly faulty] memory, I’m not sure he knew Renly would die. But I don’t think he knew what exactly would happen or how active a part he would play. I do also wholeheartedly believe the whole shadow birthing process had Selyse’s blessings. 

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

But from [possibly faulty] memory, I’m not sure he knew Renly would die.

I think he was aware it would/could happen, at least, if not more complicit. In Cressen's chapter Selyse (and Melisandre?) heavily hint that Stannis should bump off his brother to get his army. Cressen does not like that and tells Stannis it would be evil. He also uses the term 'fratricide', I did a search on A Search of Ice and Fire and this is supposedly the only time that term is used in the series. The way Stannis acts afterwards also seems like he's in denial of having Renly killed and can't admit his guilt.

8 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

The way Stannis acts afterwards also seems like he's in denial of having Renly killed and can't admit his guilt.

I think there’s a level of denial there, and also of genuinely not understanding exactly how it all happened. It would be great to get definitive & reliable answers to these questions, but I’m not holding my breath… :(

46 minutes ago, James Steller said:

I feel like I'd have to do a top/bottom 3 for each book. I like Tyrion's POV in ACOK and ASOS a lot, but he becomes a bit less interesting in ADWD. On the flip side, Theon is far more interesting in ADWD than he is in ACOK. 

Curiously enough, I consider Tyrion's POV in aDwD actually the best of his POVs in all the published books so far. I know it's actually the darkest POVs, but at least he seems to be honest about that darkness to himself more than in the prior books. Less excuses.

Archived