The Most Laughable and Worst ASOIAF Theories and Takes

Maegor_the_Cool

According to you the author created a dinasty founded by bloodthirsty imbecils that enjoy killing people for wealth and power, tyrants that actually established laws for women and for the population that doubled.
It's called "A Song of Ice and Fire" not "A Song of Tyrells and Martells", it's all about the battle of the Others against dragons, who cares if Gardeners and Harren died? They only enjoyed making war with the surrounding kingdoms and enslaving people they defeated, good they died.
The last of the dinasty is girl who used her dragons to free slaves, if you don't like Targaryens because they clapped your favorite houses, this doesn't make the accusations of genocide more intelligent.
However the bombing ms of Nagasaki and Hiroshima are not accounted as war crimes, they casualties were all civilians

9 minutes ago, KingAerys_II said:

According to you

Who exactly are you addressing here? Me? Alester Florent? Darrow of Lykos?

the author created a dinasty founded by bloodthirsty imbecils that enjoy killing people for wealth and power, tyrants that actually established laws for women and for the population that doubled.

The two things are not mutually exclusive.

However the bombing ms of Nagasaki and Hiroshima are not accounted as war crimes, they casualties were all civilians

Just like how all those Dornish villagers were civilians then? Except Aegon I was the aggressor as well.

Edited by Craving Peaches

6 minutes ago, KingAerys_II said:

It's called "A Song of Ice and Fire" not "A Song of Tyrells and Martells", it's all about the battle of the Others against dragons, who cares if Gardeners and Harren died? They only enjoyed making war with the surrounding kingdoms and enslaving people they defeated, good they died.

And I thought you were capable of being an adult.

A bit of the poisoned tree theory here: you cannot get safe fruit from a poisoned tree. A regime ok with just burning oppnents into submission without political recompense is not going to be a selfless core of leadership against icy undead, they would flee the threat until there is nowhere to run.

Who cares if Aegon fried Harren Hoare who enslaved the Riverlands? Gardeners, Dundarrons, Martells only made war against each other, except for Dorne, Aegon never unleashed the dragons against the population, the casualties, made before the First Dornish War, were not comparable to the casualties made during the War of the Five Kings. 

Nothing changed for the Stormlands, the Dundarrons survived, the only extinct house is House Gardener, the North and the Vale yielded peacefully, in the Riverlands Harren died in his stronghold, I don't see this attempt to annihilate the Westerosi population 

1 minute ago, KingAerys_II said:

Who cares if Aegon fried Harren Hoare who enslaved the Riverlands? Gardeners, Dundarrons, Martells only made war against each other, except for Dorne, Aegon never unleashed the dragons against the population, the casualties, made before the First Dornish War, were not comparable to the casualties made during the War of the Five Kings. 

Nothing changed for the Stormlands, the Dundarrons survived, the only extinct house is House Gardener, the North and the Vale yielded peacefully, in the Riverlands Harren died in his stronghold, I don't see this attempt to annihilate the Westerosi population 

Just now, SaffronLady said:

How about this: I give you a chance to check the texts and edit your post, before I search the World of Ice and Fire again?

lol how is this guy this delusional? 

14 minutes ago, SaffronLady said:

Be an adult and prove your own points.

During the First Test Aegon killed 3000 warriors, then fried Harren and the Gardeners, he killed knights and warriors in the battles, the North yielded peacefully , that's what happened before the first dornish war. 

He roasted the tyrants that oppressed the population of Westeros, after the Conquest, laws for women were established by Rhaenys and Alysanne, so, good he fried those guys. 

Aegon conquered Westeros to improve the standard of living of Westerosi women and to save the population from the Others, if he roasted some House you like, I don't care

Edited by KingAerys_II

1 minute ago, KingAerys_II said:

During the First Test Aegon killed 3000 warriors, then fried Harren and the Gardeners, he killwled knights and warriors in the battles, the North and the Vale yielded, that's what happened before the first dornish war. 

He roasted the tyrants that oppressed the population of Westeros, before the Conquest, laws for women were established by Rhaenys and Alysanne, so, good he fried those guys

Your mouth does not spew forth proof of any sort. Quote something. The novels proper, Fire and Blood, the World book.

3 minutes ago, SaffronLady said:

Your mouth does not spew forth proof of any sort. Quote something. The novels proper, Fire and Blood, the World book.

No, you tell me when Aegon unleashed his dragons against civilians before the First Dornish War, find the informations by yourself

Edited by KingAerys_II

1 hour ago, Craving Peaches said:

Everything we have points to Alysanne being the first Targaryen to visit the Wall, almost sixty years after Aegon invaded, so...

Aegon I acted in a provocative manner though. He declines the offer of Argella for himself and then offers his bastard half-brother instead. It's not like Argillac's temperament was a secret, and Aegon I wasn't stupid, he either knew or ought to know that Argillac was not going to take it kindly. And it would also be silly to base his opinion of every single lord in Westeros off one guy nicknamed 'The Arrogant'.

My assumption has always been that Argilac got that nickname because of what went down between him and Aegon, rather than an established reputation at the time.

14 minutes ago, Alester Florent said:

Harrenhal. A castle that size will have had dozens if not hundreds of  noncombatants living there. Burny burny.

Good. The Targaryen dinasty outlawed the habit of the Ironborns to steal women, the first night and the murder of women accused of adultery, the author should have called the Conquest : the tale of the first feminist monarch who burned the previous tyrants.

2 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

I'm fed up with people trying to frame Aegon burning countless people, including innocent civilians, alive, as just 'Poor Aegon trying to minimise casualties'. That is not why he was using the dragons and everyone knows that. He was using them because they are basically unbeatable.

Before Aegon united the kingdoms, more innocent people died in wars between feuding kingdoms, the "king's peace" has brought large improvements in many aspects.

I don't think his actions before the Dornish war were villanous, especially because his apparent motive was (seemingly) unification and not subjugation.

Edited by csuszka1948

1 minute ago, csuszka1948 said:

Before Aegon united the kingdoms, more innocent people died in wars between feuding kingdoms, the "king's peace" has brought large improvements in many aspects. 

You can keep telling them this, they are fans of the houses Aegon roasted, just before the Conquest Meria tried to invade the Stormlands, Argillac killed a Gardener King and Harren enslaved prisoners to build his stronghold. 

4 minutes ago, csuszka1948 said:

especially because his apparent motive was (seemingly) unification and not subjugation.

They are the same thing though, from the perspective of the Westerosi, because they don't want to be unified. Gadaffi wanted to unify Africa (apparently) but I would not then say he was not trying to subjugate the people of Chad during the Chad-Libyan war.