MMA/Boxing

Chad Vader

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Tyson is fighting Jake Paul. I know he is old but he still looks like he would tear him a new arsehole, here's hoping. 

You're welcome to hope, but I really doubt it.  Tyson is turning 58 the week after the fight, his last heavyweight win was 2003.  He's like a full generation past the point where he should be boxing.  Jake Paul is nothing special, but he's working hard to maximize what limited talent he has, and he's in his 20s. 

Like basically all Jake Paul fights, it's a little embarrassing for both fighters to be doing this.  But the money is good, and apparently Tyson needs money. 

The PFL MMA card tonight, headlined by Cedric Doumbe against apparent wrestling prodigy Baki Chamsoudinov, ended by presumably the first ever 'TKO- splinter', as Doumbe stepped on something and rather than let him take it out the ref called it off. Doubly ridiculous because while Doumbe was the one who tried to call the time-out the first time, the second time it was Baki. And the ref gave him the TKO. Wild. 

Yeah that's more what we were expecting from a novice boxer fighting one of the best in the world. 

Also Zhang totally ran out of gas and Rey Vargas went from looking handy early to being manhandled and bullied by a man at least eight inches shorter than him. A draw is probably not totally unfair but Nick Ball can feel hard done-by.

Israil Madrimov is really cool. 

UFC 299 was what we thought it would be. Of course I lost my 7 leg parley when Almeida got hammer fisted by Blaydes but it was still a great night of fights. Merab should not be denied anymore. You can tell O'Malley wants to avoid that fight but im not sure calling out Topuria is any better for his health. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UFC 300 starting in about 5 hours.

This gdam card is stacked. If anyone throws a few clams on the fights here are my picks.

Figuredo over Garbrant

Jim Miller over Bobby Green (Miller is +150)

Lopes over Ussuf

Harrison over Holm

Nickel over Brundage

Gaethje over Holloway

Pereira over Hill

Only really big favorite is Nickel, although Figgy is like -355 I think that drops before the fight a lot. 

25 minutes ago, Chad Vader said:

This gdam card is stacked. If anyone throws a few clams on the fights here are my picks.

Figuredo over Garbrant

Lopes over Ussuf

Harrison over Holm

Nickel over Brundage

Gaethje over Holloway

Pereira over Hill

Only really big favorite is Nickel, although Figgy is like -355 I think that drops before the fight a lot. 

It's certainly deep but there's not a proper headliner worthy of 300. 

If you look at 100 and 200 they had much bigger names. 

If Dana can afford 300k for fight bonuses, why does he normally only pay 50? Arsehole. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

19 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

It's certainly deep but there's not a proper headliner worthy of 300. 

If you look at 100 and 200 they had much bigger names. 

If Dana can afford 300k for fight bonuses, why does he normally only pay 50? Arsehole. 

If you look at the 100 and 200 cards they certainly had worthy main events but top to bottom those cards are nowhere near 300 overall.

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Well how else is he supposed to gamble millions playing blackjack and post about it on social media. He can’t rid the plebs of that flex.

5 hours ago, Chad Vader said:

Figuredo over Garbrant

Lopes over Ussuf

Harrison over Holm

Nickel over Brundage

Gaethje over Holloway

Pereira over Hill

This card might actually be worth ponying up for.

That was one hell of a night of fights. Bobby Green has the fastest hands in the UFC. I SWORE Jim Miller would beat him but Bobby beat the piss out of him. Diego Lopes is a problem. I remember him making his debut and losing and the commentators were like this kid has potential. They were right. Have to say I wasnt suprised that Pereira slept Hill even though Hill is way better than people give him credit for. Apparently McGregor and Chandler are set for 303. I'll believe it when I see it.