Diablo 4 - Hellish Grind

Relic

22 minutes ago, Arakasi said:

Right now to me the content is the classes. Which will cover me through season 2 but they better get something substantial by 3.

I get that. Testing every class is still a hook. I want to try the rouge, but I need there to be more. D3 was way too easy, but the late game had so much stuff you could do even if my favorite thing from D2, PvP, was not really in the game. However as of now D4 is mostly a campaign based game.

I still can't believe they left the sets out. Just an odd decision. 

59 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I still can't believe they left the sets out. Just an odd decision. 

[wryly] Forcing delayed gratification does miss on some people...

The Devs probably want a few seasons of data before they start tailoring sets. Imagine they'll start with two and three set bonus types, force players into some trade offs, see how that plays.

Edited by JGP

9 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Did one Helltide, but it was horribly laggy so I'll leave that alone for a bit.

Just caught a Helltide. No joke about the lag. Died half a dozen times, just no way I was getting enough Cinders even for a Prot Chest. Fucking with my Zen a bit, frankly. Anyway, was about to just go back to regular shit and lo, Goblin.

So I'm chasing that fucker all over the damn place, pulling tons of aggro, thinking I probably don't have enough dmg to kill it will all these hellbeasts on my ass, but I did it, yo. 

One Legendary, and two [that's right] TWO Sacred Uniques off one Treasure Goblin. 

[a Harrogath and Ramaladni]

Dinged 48 too. :hat:

Edited by JGP

The Caged Heart that triggers all known corpse explosions for the Necro is incredibly OP, at least at early levels. Been messing around with a necro after reinstalling for the weekend, and having skills just trigger for free every second is...well...lets just say i wont be upgrading that ring until i find another heart that does the same thing. Also removing all skills in everything other than bone spear and putting it into Corpse Explosion and Corpse Tendrils. 

Yeah Necros got the best class specific hearts between that one and the decrepify one. Completed the world capstone dungeon for tier III last night. Originally went in at 43 but it felt a bit too rough. So I did some stuff and came back at 46 and that was a lot better. Really enjoying lightning right now.

I tried briefly changing to charges bolt but it felt weak so switched right back. I then played for a few minutes in tier 3 and got a 701 staff with max rolled Elementalist. So that’s pretty nice and should let me switch my passive to the one that reduces cooldown at some point. Problem is I don’t have enough max mana to reliably trigger it yet.

Edit: Also got a max roll revenge which will be nice to slot in. Will also be curious how the super sorc one works with chain lightning. I guess it will just cast like 5 of them at once for massive increases dmg? Considering sorc buffs are coming very soon I think Sorc will be fun to play this season.

Edited by Arakasi

3 hours ago, Relic said:

The Caged Heart that triggers all known corpse explosions for the Necro is incredibly OP, at least at early levels. Been messing around with a necro after reinstalling for the weekend, and having skills just trigger for free every second is...well...lets just say i wont be upgrading that ring until i find another heart that does the same thing. Also removing all skills in everything other than bone spear and putting it into Corpse Explosion and Corpse Tendrils. 

Yeah, I imagine that heart is going to stay being one of the better ones for necro. Later on the paragon boards, you can get a legendary node that gives you 40% extra damage for 6 seconds after popping 5 corpses, so you should be able to keep that up almost permanently.

That might not work. Macro did a video on it but I don’t think you get credit for consuming a corpse so things that say you get X for consuming don’t work. You just get a massive efficiency boost though since all the free casts.

5 minutes ago, Arakasi said:

That might not work. Macro did a video on it but I don’t think you get credit for consuming a corpse so things that say you get X for consuming don’t work. You just get a massive efficiency boost though since all the free casts.

Hmm. That seems like a bug to me. Many of which were added in the season patch, so who knows if it'll ever be fixed.

Well it’s clearly the heart casting it since the casts don’t affect your GCD. Sure they could fix it but even without it it’s still one of the stronger hearts. I’d rather them bring up some of the weaker ones. Like I’ve been playing sorc and Barb so I’d like the resist one to be useful (maybe if it stacked) and the Barb healing one below 50% health one.

The more I hear about other Classes Paragon the more I see how screwed Barbs got on theirs. 40% for this, 30% [x] for that, we don’t have anything like in ours. 

Edited by JGP

Just now, Arakasi said:

Well it’s clearly the heart casting it since the casts don’t affect your GCD. Sure they could fix it but even without it it’s still one of the stronger hearts. I’d rather them bring up some of the weaker ones. Like I’ve been playing sorc and Barb so I’d like the resist one to be useful (maybe if it stacked) and the Barb healing one below 50% health one.

I just watched the video, and it seems the corpse explosions do count for the various procs, so the 40% damage should work fine. It's Corpse Tendrils which doesn't count. (And that ability doesn't normally consume the corpse anyway, its just that for some reason the heart casts do.)

I'll need another 20 levels or so before I can confirm though!

1 minute ago, JGP said:

The more I hear about other Classes Paragon the more I see how screwed Barb’s got on theirs. 40% for this, 30% [x] for that, we don’t have anything like in ours. 

Yeah, the barb legendary nodes are pretty crap. The only one worth bothering with really is the Warbringer node which helps with fortify. There are some nice rare nodes though, giving quite a lot of damage against elites and such.

Necro paragon is great. Just on the starter board, you get like +80% damage (including use of glyphs to buff nodes.)

Mmn boy, decent roll too:

Wrathful Heart: Your dot effects are increased by 41% [x] for each different Crowd Control effect on the target. Unstoppable Monsters and Staggered Bosses instead take 129% [x] increased dmg from your dots

Shit just got real, homies.

edit: this is why they nuked our Hamstring passive

Edited by JGP

21 minutes ago, JGP said:

edit: this is why they nuked our Hamstring passive

Nah, they killed it because every barb took one point in it. "Oops, we accidentally made a passive good so everyone is using it. Better nerf it into the ground so it's fucking useless like all of the other passives." They don't care about power, they care about popularity.

They could give barbs another 10 crowd control effects and they'd still be 10x weaker than rogues and druids.

1 hour ago, Soylent Brown said:

Nah, they killed it because every barb took one point in it. "Oops, we accidentally made a passive good so everyone is using it. Better nerf it into the ground so it's fucking useless like all of the other passives." They don't care about power, they care about popularity.

They could give barbs another 10 crowd control effects and they'd still be 10x weaker than rogues and druids.

Maybe. They only put one point in it though [largely WW and HotA Barbs] to access Cut to the Bone for the % [x] dmg to Vulnerable. The Class Design Team responsible for Barb could've made Hamstring better so those additional two points would be best therein instead of elsewhere, but nah.

Post nerf Hamstring drops off sub 80% Health and we got the Azurewrath Unique to compensate for the loss in aid of the dot dmg Wrathful Heart. 

edit: the Chill Unique boots might be good to proc the Heart? Does Chill... Slow in DIV? [it does, BiS Boots right there]

edit deux: so BiS DW Weapons for Bleed Barb will probably be Azurewrath for the chance to Freeze on Core cast, and perhaps Butcher's Carver for the Slow and Fear

Edited by JGP

Yeah, this is redonk. I went from having to be cautious in Helltide pulls to absolutely wrecking and the only CC I have is the nerfed Hamstring and some Stun. Once I can land the Skullbreaker Aspect, more CC types, and Fields of Crimson... [low whistle]

Edited by JGP

4 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Uhh let’s not be ridiculous here. I played a rogue til nearly 100 and druid to 70. Now for druid they got their cc by using one aspect to make earth skills slow. Rogue is consistently more complex in that they don’t have any real easy CCs. Poison trap is more of a defensive thing. Shadow step stuns but it’s our only unstoppable. Poison imbue or cold imbue both take skills, dash is too slow. So that leaves mangler aspect plus lucky hit slow on gloves. And that is generally still not considered good enough so we run penitent greaves too. Where barbs just had to take one point on hamstring to have perma slow. I have some issues with this patch but hamstring wasn’t one of them.

Edit: they did nerf siphoning strikes badly though.

Edited by Arakasi

4 hours ago, Arakasi said:

Uhh let’s not be ridiculous here. I played a rogue til nearly 100 and druid to 70. Now for druid they got their cc by using one aspect to make earth skills slow. Rogue is consistently more complex in that they don’t have any real easy CCs. Poison trap is more of a defensive thing. Shadow step stuns but it’s our only unstoppable. Poison imbue or cold imbue both take skills, dash is too slow. So that leaves mangler aspect plus lucky hit slow on gloves. And that is generally still not considered good enough so we run penitent greaves too. Where barbs just had to take one point on hamstring to have perma slow. I have some issues with this patch but hamstring wasn’t one of them.

Edit: they did nerf siphoning strikes badly though.

The issue is barbs were already in a bad state in the first place. You're right that hamstring was a powerful point spent in the tree, but making a weak class weaker by nerfing the crap out of it rather than leaving it as it is and redesigning the talent is ridiculous. Just another example of the utterly thoughtless repsonses from them.

Sure and they did the same thing with devouring blaze on sorcs. Nerfing a thing everyone took without giving an alternative. I think an aspect would be a fair option for what hamstring does. Or they could do what they did with siphoning strikes and slap a lucky hit on it. Both would have been better than what they did.