Diablo 4 - Hellish Grind

Relic

Christ on a crutch TIV is wicked hard at 63, but I don't want to drop down because I'm pretty sure Azurewrath doesn't drop in TIII. 

edit: seems like near everything is 75+

edit: doing dungeons with side quests in them to max Renown for time invested, but whew. I need some nice +3 Evade Ancestral boots chicken louey

Edited by JGP

So I got a considerable spike in power today but it was kinda from an unusual source. Two main things were.

1. Level 3 season rewards giving me the aspect to imprint for free for the chain lightning bounce glyph. (Although I think later on my damage is more from crackling energy and unstable currents rather than chain lightning so I’ll drop it then)

2. An item power 700 Esu’s Heirloom. It’s a min roll item at only 20% but sitting around it’s about 5% more crit and then after evading or killing an elite it’s another 5-10%. It’s a nice buff to me since so much of what I do is based off of crit.

Edited by Arakasi

Nice, yo.

The girls and I are taking a short holiday Sunday to Thursday to visit my Dad, so I had some edibles last night and a semi epic session.

Two more regions remain to unlock for the last Tier of Renown; got my hands on an Ancestral Fields of Crimson that’s a considerable buff, unlocked Warbringer via Paragon and now have a steady source of Fortify, and I pump TIV Helltides now compared to when I was 62.

Three Harrogaths to date [none Ancestral] the Fields, a Mother’s Embrace [lol] but no Azurewrath yet, no Butcher’s Cleaver despite seven or eight Butcher kills, and no damn Skullbreaker Aspect— cause I got to bitch about something.

Other than those, going well. Might drop back to TIII to burn off the rest of my NM Keys since I tried a 21 and am most definitely not ready for that yet.

Edited by JGP

Pretty good buffs all around, lightning and fire sorcs for sure and defensive issues for sorcs should be better. Barb I’m just not as well versed on.

Rupture apparently got a bunch of buffs. My walking arsenal build got better too with upheaval getting better. Bunch of buffs to Barb items too.

Edited by Arakasi

Watching this PoE2 stream that is on today.  Like I’m glad that it looks slower than PoE1 but geez this feels slow. Worse graphics than D4 and the combat seems very very slow. I’m sure they’ll have more content than D4 but I don’t see it as a better game from this.

4 hours ago, Arakasi said:

Pretty good buffs all around, lightning and fire sorcs for sure and defensive issues for sorcs should be better. Barb I’m just not as well versed on.

Yea, those sorc buffs look good. I might try another at some point.

Shame there was nothing on CDR, but the Barb changes coming are are alright. Buffs that matter to me: Rupture, Fields of Crimson, and Gushing Wounds. Going to be noice.

15 hours ago, Arakasi said:

Watching this PoE2 stream that is on today.  Like I’m glad that it looks slower than PoE1 but geez this feels slow. Worse graphics than D4 and the combat seems very very slow. I’m sure they’ll have more content than D4 but I don’t see it as a better game from this.

The metagem thing sounds interesting, and building off a similar system in WoW, if I'm not mistaken? 

Got my Skullbreaker Aspect. Also landed Ancestral Temerity pants with a 76% Life Barrier. When buffed next week, they're going to be absolutely sick. 

Don't sleep on the Bleed Barb y'all. I know I'm biased since I've been building around it since launch, but whew, it's getting real already and that's without: 

i. the Enhanced Rupture AOE dot getting buffed from 45 to 70% weapon dmg [there's no limit on the amount of targets you can hit with Rupture provided they're in range]

ii. Fields of Crimson's blood pool from 15% [x] to 20%... they're also removing the Rupture CDR on it for crit dmg

iii. Gushing Wounds overclocking crit dmg from 100 to 115%

Insofar as the dot dmg Wrathful gem, only procs I have for that yet are Stuns and Knockdowns.

Yeah, they nerfed NMDs some, but I know I'll crack 100, and might even have a shot at Uber Lilith this Season. 

Edited by JGP

Remember what they said about uniques. So the aspect part will update but you’ll have the old stats. So your temerity will go off max life but it will have plus all stats instead of max life on it.

Edit: just hit 60 so I’ll be doing the tier four dungeon shortly, maybe at 61-62. I feel relatively strong atm so as long as I don’t get exploded I’m okay.

Edited by Arakasi

30 minutes ago, Arakasi said:

Remember what they said about uniques. So the aspect part will update but you’ll have the old stats. So your temerity will go off max life but it will have plus all stats instead of max life on it.

Ah, I missed that. The Devs illustrated they can modify all gear as evidenced by the round of nerfs in vanilla, but it’d be too easy to do that now I guess lol

edit: good luck on your Capstone

Edited by JGP

36 minutes ago, Arakasi said:

Wait, not sure I understand... 

5 minutes ago, Relic said:

Wait, not sure I understand... 

In this case, the buff to the Temerity Barrier will scale off Max Life [instead of Base as before]. That's the Aspect so to speak, so my extant pants will get that next week. But, another part of the buff is switching the All Stats roll to a Max Life roll, and I won't get that

I'll have to hope for another drop, and that the Barrier rolls as good as what I have now.

Edited by JGP

I think the point is the item has already dropped. I suppose they could take the stat at the range it was in and then translate it but I’m actually glad they’re not changing already dropped items. Some builds will actually want the old items.

1 hour ago, JGP said:

edit: good luck on your Capstone

My single target damage is really good so I don’t expect to have issues on the boss. It’s just if I get blown up by the packs or die from boss dmg.

Funny enough you wouldn’t think it but chain lightnings weakness is groups not single target. The two cl aspects means on single target I can just spam it on them and not use any basics. Throw some adds in and my damage and sustain drops a lot. I think cl might be better single target dmg than ice shards because the sustain is so much better but shards wins big in groups.

Edited by Arakasi

I did beat Elias at 60 but it took me a few times. I was just shy a few times and got killed by mortars a few. Added  a might aspect and slapped gravitational on my weapon and just went up close and blasted him much closer instead of trying to grind out the fight. Got his second stagger at sub 15% and that almost got him to zero before he popped out.

Welp, heading out tomorrow for five days so figures I'd get some random ass Butcher's Cleaver drop. Nice roll on the Aspect too: 

When you critically strike an enemy you have a 100% chance to Fear and Slow them by 73% for 4 seconds [max is 75%]

So with the dot dmg Heart I'd been saving for a nice Ancestral ring [also acquired] that's an extra 90% [x] dot dmg right there. Add a Knockdown for another 45% [x] and if the stars align a Stun for another + big Skullbreaker proc and/or Rupture... and that's a rip.

Hopefully it'll help me Stagger Bosses faster.

Now I'm dual wielding an axe and mace instead of two swords. Weirdland.

Edited by JGP