Where to next?

LacyinTX

So where is the next big gathering? I know the schedule of GRRM's appearances, but which one will have the most BwB? I can probably only get away with one trip so I need to be choosey. HELP! The Boskone reports are making me miss y'all! *cries*

So where is the next big gathering? I know the schedule of GRRM's appearances, but which one will have the most BwB? I can probably only get away with one trip so I need to be choosey. HELP! The Boskone reports are making me miss y'all! *cries*

Your best bets, if I read the Boskone tea leaves correctly, is Kansas City (Conquest) in May, and World Fantasy in November in Saratoga Springs, NY.

Hey, Lacy! We all miss you too, hon! :grouphug:

I bet there will be a lot of us at the World Fantasy Con (Saratoga Springs, NY; November 1–4). At least, I certainly hope so!

Wasn't there some talk of trying to pick one con from George's schedule to be an alternative to Worldcon, for BWBers who can't get to Japan? I think someone suggested NC in August could fill that role, but IIRC, it never got past the suggestion stage. :huh:

Your best bets, if I read the Boskone tea leaves correctly, is Kansas City (Conquest) in May, and World Fantasy in November in Saratoga Springs, NY.

I really want to go to Saratoga Springs, but I need something sooner! KC in May sounds good!

Wasn't there some talk of trying to pick one con from George's schedule to be an alternative to Worldcon, for BWBers who can't get to Japan? I think someone suggested NC in August could fill that role, but IIRC, it never got past the suggestion stage. :huh:

I thought I heard that, too. That sounds like a good idea. No way I can afford Japan. :cry:

ok..i went and checked it out...dragoncon 2007 is labor day weekend in atlanta...aug 31-sept 3

Labor day in Hotlanta... sounds delightful ;)

I may make conquest, but as far as I know thats not on George's schedule.

I'm planning on saving for World Fantasy. I got a $5/day raise this year!

might possibly be. start a thread on it. these things are generally very nebulous anyhoo.

Maybe I will...you know, since (as of right this minute) I'm actually planning a vacation around this con, have clearance from the tower, and know the General Manager of the Hyatt Regency Indianpolis...

Provided the new job doesn't sink me, I think I'm gonna be there. In person.

Archived