Edinburgh mini-meet 13th April

mormont

Bless :) Did you make it into school on time this morning young man ;)

It turns out I don't have school today, so it's not a concern. The heavy rains which pounded the area yesterday flooded a number of the parkways coming into the city, so we closed for commuter safety concerns. Whatever the reason, I'm certainly not complaining about having the day off. Unfortunately, I'm also pretty wide awake at 5:30 am as a result.

Yay jet lag. Nice report, Morm my dear.

You neglected to talk at all about Buckfast. A serious oversight, that.

It kind of didn't fit the mood. :P

But I'll mention it later. ;)

Xray and Mr. X, at great personal risk to themselves, observe the Scotsman in his native habitat.

Friday woke up with a slight hangover thanks to Bran and Morm's dinner and pub crawl through St. Andrews (Bran is a damned fine chef, BTW). After bumbling about the mist looking at enormous rock piles with privies built in, we piled into the car and drove to Edinburgh. After dropping off bags, etc, at the hostel (those stairs kept growing each time I climbed them), met up with Zak (Ringleader), Barry (dancing queen), Korax (definitely no longer a n00b), Kat (hawt), Malt (!!), Zollo (knackered), TMT (Hero Sherpa Trooper of the Weekend) and Si (*fangirl mooney eyes*) at the pub. Tore into the pints. Zak and Barry fulfilled my goal for any Eurocommie meet: Hot Man-on-Man Action.

Eventually decided that it was time for some dinner, so we stumbled into a doner shop and foraged. My stomach did not thank me later. Apparently the bouncer at the next bar did not like the cut of Barry's jib, and so denied entry, we contented ourselves with a Frankenstein bar. A Frankenstein bar that did not play any goth or metal music and whose drinks were so slippery that we lost at least 6 of them to the flagstone floors in 3 hours. No, no. Excessive alcohol consumption had nowt to do with that phenomenon! Pod arrived. Si made me do shots, and gave me fantastic hugs. We busted incredible shapes to incredibly bad music (is Kenny Loggins having a renaissance?) and made a serious dent in our livers. Some went to the afterhours club, but others (Xray, Mr. X, Morm, Malt, Zak) decided that shut-eye was better.

I was woken up an hour or two later by a womanly shriek and the sight of 8 arms and legs flailing in the half-light of the hostel room. Apparently Barry and Pod decided to engage in some Greco-Roman wrestling. Was woken up again a few hours later to some guy rustling with my box of oatcakes next to the foot of my bed. I thought it was Si or Zak coming for a sleep-over, asked him "What the Fuck?" and then watched as the unidentified male clambered up into the spare top bunk above Morm. Woke up in the morning thinking I had hallucinated the late-night visit, only to discover physical evidence of the Spare Bed Assassin! We are sure he was here to destroy both Barry and oatcakes, but failed in both goals.

Barry's better half called at 8am and there was no napping then. We wondered about homosexuality in the wookiee population, decided that there was probably only one "out" wookiee, but plenty on the DL.

TMT wore King Pod's jeans.

We drew names out of a hat, and had to make a T-shirt for that person (while waiting for breakfast). I drew Malt, and thought that gold glitter and a lightning bolt (dunno if there's pictures of that) fit perfectly to Malt's over-the-top board personality. Barry and I giggled over what to put on Morm's shirt.

The Butter Me Up Barry Vista Social Club

Hauled our asses up Arthur's Seat.

Barry wisely opted out (he's that speck on the grass near the center), as TMT discovered later (this picture was taken prior to the Moment of Truth.)

Hiking is thirsty work, so we headed to the beer garden. After medicinal beer, we all eventually made our way to the next bar (Mr. X, TMT, Barry and I joined my friends Brain and Christine for dinner, as they'd just taken the train over from Glasgow), where we finished the evening with lager, Dear Tenalpia, Chewie's dad, Pod behaving strangely, the Brian/Homer Simpson connection, many hugs and a shitload of emo on the part of me.

Mr. X and I had to fuck off early (very early flight and a 10-hour vomit ride was not high on my priority list), but 'lo, the rest made sure we knew they were back, as Morm walked into the room yammering about Buckfast, and apparently they witnessed the Spare Bed Assassin meandering about with a bottle of said elixir in hand. That makes sense.

Flight back was boring as fuck, depressing as fuck, longer than it should have been (thanks stray weather in New York) and the only two positive elements of the whole sorry mess was sleeping in my own bed again, and seeing the cats.

(Mostly a C&P from LJ)

I got to E and met Zak who hit his anti-mysticism straps early and ran with it. Korax has got hollow legs and he is in Lost, I had to lock him in a bunker for a while until Michael let him out. Where is Walt bitch? The Xs were there and confirmed my boobishness. There was beer drunk. People turned up. Stuff. A bouncer prevented us from hitting the vodka bar, everyone else prevented me from hitting him. Rude Tongan cunt. We went to Frankenstein, where glasses go to die. I handed out some bad dancing lessons. Atlanta, Georgia met Atlanta, Kent (The Garden of England.) I was amazingly impressed by the show. We attempted to go to the club with alcoves but it was crazy busy. Vestrit explained to me at pained lengths why we couldn't LEAVE???!!?? We left. Pod, TMT and I headed back to the hostel where I proceeded to drag Pod back out of his bed and bit his thighs. That was fun. In the middle of the night The Spare Bed Assassin caused the Oatcake Apocalypse.

Next morning we discovered exactly who left the grafitti on my bed and who does Attitichuk's hair (thanks Paddy.) We had breakfast and all the cool kids earned t-shirts by being the shit, not shit, the shit. We went to the pub with the oldest average age/disability level of any in the whole of Europe. Pod stole their TV controls. We went for a walk in the hills. I was so hungover I felt like I was falling over even when I was sitting down so I took that as a cue to go to bed. I missed the joy of TMT's traditional puke. On the way I bet on Simon to win the Grand National. Useless Tongan wanker fell while in 2nd place only a few fences out. That left me wanking about Cassie as I fell asleep. I was rudely awoken and forced to wash. Then the X's has a great idea, food. We met Homer Simpson's alter-ego. Mr X revealed that himself and Sly Stallone are humanity's last hope and that Michael Jackson must be stopped at all costs. Apparently pasta will save us all. We went into the vodka bar but the shit pop music drove us to Greyfriar's Bobby for a quick wank. I think we all secretly missed Jenny Ha's. Tenalpia revealed her hidden identity as a super soldier. Kit ranted in a very scary way. Vestrit drank pure testosterone. Pod and Malt slept together. Ten displayed culinary genius. Vestrit took on every single person over 80 he could find. Korax displayed his hollow legs, again. The rest of us went on a hunt for the SBA, and found him drinking Buckfast with two Canadian junkies who were hot. Then a different hot chick told us off, TMT had to be supressed from chasing her a la Benny Hill. Mormont decided that Buckfast is the evil at the heart of the decline of Scottish sport or something. Fade to black.

Woke up emo. Played rugby badly in the park. Tried to feed Pod to the hen. Went home.

I got a random voicemail on the weekend with someone demanding biographical information on Chewbacca's family lineage. Frankly, this could have been literally everyone I've met in my entire life, but the fact that they kept yelling, "WERT!" was a clue as to possible BwB involvement... :huh:

(searches for appropriate emoticon; fails to find Wookie emoticon; demands to know why we don't have a Wookie emoticon when even freaking Wotmania - the forum which time and technological progress forgot - has a Wookie emoticon!)

Until the Kashyyyk Armed Forces rescind their ban on gay wookiee hairdressers, this forum will never have a Wookiee icon. It's a form of nonviolent protest.

Archived