Goodkind XXIV: Entertaining the Illiterate with Sweeping Epic Themes

ser jon stark

I don't know if Goodkind has done a signing in Australia, but if he ever comes to Sydney, I'll get some signatures. :P

I hear that's really expensive. Better start saving money now.

I hear that's really expensive. Better start saving money now.

Nah, a true Follower of Truth will simply show up at the signing, kick the undeserving in the jaw/rip out their spines, take their money, and get the signature.

ETA: Jerec, doesn't Australia have the largest number of poisonous animal species in the world? If yes, could you take some specimens along for the signature? (yeah, I know. I am cruel to animals)

In all seriousness, I didn't pay full price for any of those books. I got them all at discounts, and that was even while I did enjoy the series (you guys have made me look at it in a new light). Now I keep them around only for reference. Plus, Wizard's First Rule was okay, if not all that well written. On my own, Soul of the Fire was when I noticed something was wrong, but I figured, I'd read 4 books already, so I might as well keep going. Once I've read Confessor (and I can get that for far less than retail price through my connections to the library I work at), I'll probably donate the whole series to the library, or try and get some cash back at a second hand bookshop. They're all in very good condition.

Nah, a true Follower of Truth will simply show up at the signing, kick the undeserving in the jaw/rip out their spines, take their money, and get the signature.

Too true. I bet when all the real hardcore Yeardites show up for a signing it can get really messy. Assuming they choose life.

I like the idea of releasing "spoilers" for Confessor. I nominate Nerdanel, whose magnificent "Fireheart" is the closest any of the parodies have come to believable Tairyism... if you missed it first time round, have another read and tell me you wouldn't be surprised if these were actual excerpts from SoT...

That is quite a collection, Jerec.

I don't know if Goodkind has done a signing in Australia, but if he ever comes to Sydney, I'll get some signatures. :P

Oh my. Try to get him to sign this:

To the Lemmings of Discord,

May the Yeard be with you.

Terry

Or something like that.

Oh my. Try to get him to sign this:

To the Lemmings of Discord,

May the Yeard be with you.

Terry

Or something like that.

That would be awesome, but it would also be upsetting if he had no idea who his greatest declaimers were. I'd like to ask him to sign mine to The Mad Moose in hopes that he'd fly into a rage and try to punch a melon-size hole in my chest. I'm sure somebody (I'm not gonna say who) is able to whine to tairy in person about us. At least I hope so.

That would be awesome, but it would also be upsetting if he had no idea who his greatest declaimers were. I'd like to ask him to sign mine to The Mad Moose in hopes that he'd fly into a rage and try to punch a melon-size hole in my chest. I'm sure somebody (I'm not gonna say who) is able to whine to tairy in person about us. At least I hope so.

*sigh*

If only we could be so lucky. If mystar was there, maybe we could have a chance at that.

*sigh*

If only we could be so lucky. If mystar was there, maybe we could have a chance at that.

Oh what chaos would ensue. That would be a day that everybody gets kicked in the nuts.

ETA: Jerec, doesn't Australia have the largest number of poisonous animal species in the world? If yes, could you take some specimens along for the signature? (yeah, I know. I am cruel to animals)

Yes, we do have many poisonous snakes and spiders, among other things. You won't see me going anywhere near them, though. I may take a chicken, but I'd have to make sure it is not a chicken (like, say, a rooster), and claim it is evil manifest. Roosters can be very aggressive. I've been attacked by them before on the school farm. They don't stop to watch you, or pick at dead flesh and make noise. They simply run at you with beak and claws and attack. Nasty things.

Getting back on topic, if you did go to a "Goodkind Thing" (I assume that's what he'd call it), introducing yourself as a Lemming of Discord is a good way to suddenly have your spine removed. But thankfully, you've got a few minutes for a last attack before you hit the ground like a sack of crap.

Moose, I feel prety confident that Tairy knows about us Lemmings. He may claim that he never goes on teh interwebz, but I'm sure Mystar keeps him updated.

Moose, I feel prety confident that Tairy knows about us Lemmings. He may claim that he never goes on teh interwebz, but I'm sure Mystar keeps him updated.

...at least we're not jackals of evil.

No, just Lemmings of Discord.

(Moose, we keep on tying on the most number of posts in the thread. Weird)

Well, I'll have to leave for work soon, and the facists there would have a shit-fit if I came to this site, so I suppose when I get home I'll be way behind. You talk too much. :tantrum:

Well, I'll have to leave for work soon, and the facists there would have a shit-fit if I came to this site, so I suppose when I get home I'll be way behind. You talk too much. :tantrum:

Nah. While you go to work, I have to go home, where my computer's broken, so no access for me too. :lmao: Ah, the wonders of having different timezones.

I don't know why but there's a certain suspense that keeps me turning pages to his books despite the weird philosophy

also the characters are not that bad

but don't come here if you're interested in tg

I think you, Myshkin, WLU, and word can do it. Although Vigo can help you.

So each one of you writes 100 pages.

we compile them.

And send it.

And deserve victory.

The thing is, we need a catchy first sentence.

The Namble groaned as its barbed innards were pierced by the Sword of Truth

:lol:

But none of them quite match the awesomeness of Tairy's actual first lines. We need something truly great, like The cloud was an odd shape or "Where did I put my hat?" asked Richard.

MinDonner, be honest - would any of us want to compete with the Yearded One? Would mere Lemmings of Discord have a chance at all to approach the level that is Terry's writing? I think not.

Nevertheless, we can try :D

Richard felt a thing rising in him - a dark, menacing presence. He had only time for a surprised bwaaak, before darkness engulfed him - and the chicken, that was not a chicken, but evil manifest, walked out, wearing Richards body.

Archived