Still More MLB

Jaxom 1974

actually i give the yanks the edge in sp 1-5. I simply give the indians the edge in sp 1-2. I prefer the yankees pitching situation.... Wang, Pettite, Hughes, Kennedy/Chamberlain, Moose to the indians 1-5. They have the single best two pitchers between the teams yes. but not the best overall staff imo.

and the yanks have the better closer and setup man.

I'd disagree with that. I'm not crazy abou the tribe's 3-5 but they're not much worse (if worse at all) than the rest of the Yanks staff. I'd say 3-5 spots are pretty much even, and we already agree about the strength of Sabbathia and Carmona. I'll give you the yanks have the better closer, if Chamberlain is really that good I didn't really see it in this series, but that's 2 good guys against Perez, Betancourt, Lewis, and I'll through borowski in there too...the guy scares the crap out of me more often than not, but he lead the AL in saves, so that's gotta count for something. Obviously we'll have to agree to disagree, but I definitely think the better team won this series. Go Tribe!

and sure. it does a "pretty good job" ussualy. but not always. yanks and indians as a case in point

funny, 'cause that's exactly why I think it does do a good job of showing the best team...the best team won :smoking: I love getting yankees fans riled up when they lose! It's so easy! :cheers: :cheers:

Guest OsRavan

lol this is actually me very calm matt. you must be new to the board if you think this is me riled up....

and 1) Jeter did not choke he was clutch and playing hurt

2) the yanks 3-5 rock. the rotaiton as a whole is better. Hughes, Chamberlain, kennedy are all eventual top of the order guys. and its not like wang/pettite suck either

3) the yanks have the better team. not open to debate

Guest OsRavan

indeed.

we can debate OPINIONs such as the quality of individual players

but facts like the yankees superiority? whats the point in debating facts?

lol this is actually me very calm matt. you must be new to the board if you think this is me riled up....

2) the yanks 3-5 rock. the rotaiton as a whole is better. Hughes, Chamberlain, kennedy are all eventual top of the order guys. and its not like wang/pettite suck either

1) Jeter 3/17 1rbi 0bb 4ks and 2 GIDP, what a clutch player for the INDIANS

2) uh what? Hughes pitched well and will probably be a 2-3, maybe a 1/2 with good luck. Kennedy doesn't look that impressive, he'll be a 3 maybe 4. Chamberlain hasn't even started in the majors yet.

Wang...so were you impressed by the 14 hits and 12 runs that he gave up in 5.2 innings (19ERA). Or was it his 2 ks to 4BBs that impressed you? Pettitte is solid though...so you were right once...you are batting about as well as Jeter in these playoffs (very badly)

3) the yanks have the better team than the pirates. not open to debate

Guest OsRavan

do you know the definition of clutch? its not that you have great overall nubmers its that you come through in the right moments. as jeter always has.

wangs two straight 19 win seasons with a sub 4 era impresses me.

As someone who has watched every start Hughes and Kennedy has made in the majors. every inning. An d has seen them pitch in the minros, I thinjk my opinion is much mroe educated then yours. Though if mine wasnt educated enough for you (and it should be) the overwheming expert opinions that put them both as 1/2 sort of starters should quite you.

The yanks are better then the pirates. And the indians. And the Red sox. You go down the line and the yankees are the better team.

period.

oh, I'm sure you are, it's just funny reading your posts stating how your opinion is a fact. But that's why everyone hates the yankees, not only do they win all the time, but the fans think they're entitled to winning so that when they do put up an inferior team, don't play good ball, and lose, somehow the yankees are still better. :thumbsup:

Guest OsRavan

im stating a fact as a fact.

do you udnerstand the differnce between facts and opinion s? opiniosn are subejctive. facts aree obejctive.

it is an objective fact that the yankees are the best team in baseball.

Also the yanks deserve to win every year because they DONT put an inferior team onto the field.

We are better because we do field a better tema. we do play better ball. And thus are still better then cle.

im stating a fact as a fact.

do you udnerstand the differnce between facts and opinion s? opiniosn are subejctive. facts aree obejctive.

it is an objective fact that the yankees are the best team in baseball.

Also the yanks deserve to win every year because they DONT put an inferior team onto the field.

We are better because we do field a better tema. we do play better ball. And thus are still better then cle.

Oh I understand the difference between facts and opinions quite well, you seem to be having some issues in that area however. Thanks for proving my points.

do you know the definition of clutch? its not that you have great overall nubmers its that you come through in the right moments. as jeter always has.

wangs two straight 19 win seasons with a sub 4 era impresses me.

As someone who has watched every start Hughes and Kennedy has made in the majors. every inning. An d has seen them pitch in the minros, I thinjk my opinion is much mroe educated then yours. Though if mine wasnt educated enough for you (and it should be) the overwheming expert opinions that put them both as 1/2 sort of starters should quite you.

The yanks are better then the pirates. And the indians. And the Red sox. You go down the line and the yankees are the better team.

period.

So what moments did he come through in this series? When was he clutch? Playoffs are when it all matters, all you have to do is get there (particularly with the wildcard), and Jeter did NOTHING positive for his team. You give regular season numbers for Wang, great, so Yankees fans are happy with solid regular season performers that die in the post season? WS isn't that important anymore? Just making it to the playoffs is a blessing? Ah, that must explain your current support of Wang and Jeter this season.

Show me 3 experts that say they will be 1/2 starters and I'll believe you. They cannot be from the Yankees organization.

The Yankees are playing golf and their sore loser fans are so jelouse of the other superior teams that are left.

Look Matt, this is how it works:

Os posts something.

You post a rebuttal that makes sense.

Os repeats himself. (Probably while ::amused:: )

You rephrase your post that still makes sense in a different way to further understanding.

Os repeats himself.

You post in irritation that he's being obtuse.

Os repeats himself. And calls you jealous.

You post anything at all.

Os repeats himself.

Os can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!

Look Matt, this is how it works:

Os posts something.

You post a rebuttal that makes sense.

Os repeats himself. (Probably while ::amused:: )

You rephrase your post that still makes sense in a different way to further understanding.

Os repeats himself.

You post in irritation that he's being obtuse.

Os repeats himself. And calls you jealous.

You post anything at all.

Os repeats himself.

Os can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!

Thanks. So he's "that guy" on this board, huh? Every one has "that guy", and I usually find my way into them pretty quickly. I would've given up on my own, sooner or later, I swear :bang:

Thanks. So he's "that guy" on this board, huh? Every one has "that guy", and I usually find my way into them pretty quickly. I would've given up on my own, sooner or later, I swear :bang:

I know. I just didn't feel like watching it this time is all.

Goodbye, Joe. No one will miss you.

Goodbye A-Rod. Your ability to choke will be well remebered.

Goodbye Clements. And about time too.

Goodbye Yankees. You suck.

End of story.

Seriously though, the ALCS looks like its going to be a good one to watch. Go someone! Locationally speaking, I'm suppose to support the Sox {can you tell?} but I don't think they can quite do it; Wakefield's hurt and Matsuzaki's unreliable. Who does that leave, Tavarez?

Guest OsRavan

there is not one like me on every board. That is insulting. there is only one Os. Youve never seenanyone like me before.

as you will realize if you stick around this board long enough.

And i understand facts and opinions quite well. take a look at the RJ debates sometimes.

i sometimes think im the only one on this board who understands it.

find me experts who say otherwise btw. And I will find you those who say they are 1/2.

why on earth should I do research because you are too lazy to?

also we dont even know if arod or torre are gone.

and the yanks will be missed by everyone involved with the playoffs. as you would know if you knew baseball. the big wigs are probably weeping about the ratings from these playoffs this year.

and the yankees have the best team and the most talent in baseball

Archived