Still More MLB

Jaxom 1974

I think he means that they aren't able to string a few hits together to score. Maybe.

I think he means that hitters can't mesh, since at-bats are individual efforts. But Yankee hitters and baserunners don't work together, and they don't feed or rally off of one another.

Guest OsRavan

::shrugs:: ahh well these things happen. the best team in the al (the yanks this year) often loose in the first round. why it should really be a 7 game series imo. less of these unneccesary offdays and 7 games. but what the hey.

We still would have won if not for bugs.

What can you do.

At least this year we demosntrated we are the most talented team in the al, and that we will be making the playoffs for the next ten years most likely. gotta count your blessings i suppose.

playoffs are a roll of the dice. and being the most talented isnt enough. never has been. but eventually the dice will break your way if you get in enough.

playoffs are a roll of the dice. and being the most talented isnt enough. never has been. but eventually the dice will break your way if you get in enough.

I cant think of the last time the best MLB team actually won the world series. Maybe the Twins way back? It virtually never happens.

::shrugs:: ahh well these things happen. the best team in the al (the yanks this year) often loose in the first round. why it should really be a 7 game series imo. less of these unneccesary offdays and 7 games. but what the hey.

What can you do.

At least this year we demosntrated we are the most talented team in the al, and that we will be making the playoffs for the next ten years most likely. gotta count your blessings i suppose.

The Yankees offense couldn't touch Sabathia, Carmona, or even Byrd. That doesn't seem to translate any better in a seven game series. Maybe Steinbrenner will get a clue and buy himself a Santana after next season.

What can you do.

Best team? I didn't think the Yankees had the best record in the AL. Oh right, that was the Red Sox and the Yanks were the WILDCARD.

What can you do is right, what can you do other than make excuses for a flawed team. Maybe they should think about trying to get an ace for next year because they don't have one. Oh wait that's right they have Wang, he's an ace...

Yanks are paying Derek Jeter $19,000,000 to bat under .200 in the playoffs? What a fucking overpaid loser this guy is. Jesus, seven years since he's done anything "real", clearly he was riding the coattails of Paul O'Neill and Tino Martinez.

You see what I did there? Because, you know, Yankees fans are always, you know... You get it. Yeah you do.

I almost puked when the fucking dumbasss loudmother piece of shit yankees faithful gave A Rod the mocking standing ovation after his base knock yesterday.

Forget about the fact that team would in no way be playing playoff ball without a monster year from the ebst player in baseball. He needs to get the hell out of there, and come to the place where he will be adulated adored and son forth by the likes of myself. Come to the place where you will be loved.

I almost puked when the fucking dumbasss loudmother piece of shit yankees faithful gave A Rod the mocking standing ovation after his base knock yesterday.

Forget about the fact that team would in no way be playing playoff ball without a monster year from the ebst player in baseball. He needs to get the hell out of there, and come to the place where he will be adulated adored and son forth by the likes of myself. Come to the place where you will be loved.

Comiskey?

I love you Cal.

I love you Cal.

The guy moved to third (a switch that is way over simplified in the sports media, that switch is a big deal) and became a great defensive player. Has put up consistantly monster numbers while giving them 700+ PAs every year. Its mind boggling that they arent 120% (about his OPS this year) behind this guy.

I tell people all the time. Pay attention t0o A Rod. Watch A Rod play the game. Watch wednesday night baseball when A Rod is playing. Appreciate this dude because we are lucky enough to have maybe the greatest ballplayer ever play in our era. We are lucky to see the best all around player in the history of the game.

Best part is his hat for cooperstown is still way up for grabs. It could be my hat he puts by the plaque. People need to realize that A Rod can singlehandedly change the historical meaning of the Cubs. What if he comes over and wins 2-3 WS s? He goes down as the greatest player ever and makes the Cubs the new Yankees in the process. Such is the only reason I would welcome a Cuban ownership.

OK, I'm a moron. Apologies to Weekapag for being a dick to him.

What's funny is I'm not even a Yankees fan, I'm a Giants and Red Sox fan. I just liked Wang (my part-Asian blood insists that I support him).

So go Red Sox. I'm also rooting for Colorado since they've never won anything before, and Arizona already has their title from a few years back.

What's funny is I'm not even a Yankees fan, I'm a Giants and Red Sox fan. I just liked Wang (my part-Asian blood insists that I support him).

Finally somebody who understands. I have to support the cubs bears and bulls because Im part awesome.

OK, I'm a moron. Apologies to Weekapag for being a dick to him.

So go Red Sox. I'm also rooting for Colorado since they've never won anything before, and Arizona already has their title from a few years back.

There's enough dickery and Wang to go around, no worries...I've been a dick before and been wrong. Incidentally, I am rooting Rockies and Sox too. What a great story it would be if the Rockies won the WS, I wouldn't even be that upset if they beat the Sox and I am a huge Sox fan. TULO FOR ROY AND HOLLIDAY FOR MVP!

Finally somebody who understands. I have to support the cubs bears and bulls because Im part awesome.

and part shitfaced :cheers:

:lol:

Great Caliban post or greatest Caliban post?

Very great :)

Archived