Still More MLB

Jaxom 1974

Petitte is doing a masterful job of surviving whilst putting the leadoff batter on in five of the first six innings. And in the one in which he didn't, the inning ended with a play at the plate. Can it last?

More importantly, will the Yankees stop fucking around and score some runs? Apparently not. Well, they only have to get through two more innings... we'll see what happens.

ETA: Hotdamn. Hopefully Joba settles down after this. Two wild pitches?

I'll still take the Yankees' end relief over the Indians' but that's not good. especially as it allowed a run.

I also find it a little less meaningful to split hairs over the overall qualities of starting pitchers because so many of their stats rely so heavily on run support, defensive support, and the stadium (and league) they're playing in.

There are plenty of metrics that attempt to account for that. They aren't infallible, but FIP, xFIP, DIPS are designed to take the defensive element out, ERA+ is adjusted for the park and such. So, there's all that. One can compare pitchers and this year, according to most metrics you can find... Beckett was better. Maybe not head and shoulders, but decidedly better. It's not unreasonable.

Red Sox: All you J.D. Drew haters can blow me.

Yankees/Indians is done.

Im not even worried. I wanted a split in the desert, didnt get it, not the end of the world. It has been proven in LDS play that a team can come back from the 0-2 deficit. Its happened 15% of the times its been eligible to happen in LDS history.

The next two games pitching matchups are definately in the favor of the Cubbies. But I want this to come one game at a time. The bats will wake up. THE CUBS WILL WIN THE SERIES. THEY WILL. Mark my words they will.

Rich Hill will win this game tommorrow, and big Z will step in on Sunday. Then we go back to the desert on a two game swing and face Webb again. The hitters saw him 5 days previous. Hopefully we can tag him. Besides Ted Lilly will be ready to right his wrong from last night.

The Cubs are the better team. The Cubs will come back and take this series. No doom and gloom. Everybody just calm down. Jaxom, get controll of yourself. Calm down, bro. Easy partner. Just fucking relax, and get calm. There is a reason it isnt a two game series. You are getting worked up for nothing. Dont get yourself all worked up over nothing. Nothing is fucked here dude. This Cubs team always looks really bad before it explodes offensively.

Do not worry yourself over this Jaxom. Do not worry yourself Cubdom. Calm the fuck down Cubdom. All is well. Calm yourself. Just fucking relax. There are still innings on the board and outs to be made. A lot of outs to be made.

Lou. Loosen the boys up and go win a day game tommorrow. Go win a ballgame at Wrigley. Just go out there and Major League's Coach Lou says, 'throw the ball, catch the ball, hit the ball' and win a fucking game under the sun on the northside in front of about 200,000 of your closest friends. Win a fucking day game at Wrigley. Then at noon on Sunday, go do it again. You've done it all year. Go play winning baseball at wrigley field. The fans will do their part, you do yours. Make it 2-2.

Then go to the desert which in game five might as well be called Wrigley Southwest because the blue will flood that giant shitbox. In that arid hellhole of a region. Arizona can lick my johnson. Pheonix can kiss my ass. No way the Chicago loses to the Mexico at anything. You had your fun fried brianed clowns. Now you come to an actual ballpark. Now you come to a ballpark atmosphere deviod of native american tribes selling 4 ticket blocks of seats at face value one hour before gametime. Now you come to a real baseball city and play a game at a real baseball diamond. A real pure BALLPARK. Not a fucking giant shitbox. You arent going to find a resturant in center field or a FUCKING POOL in right. Instead there will be drunk Cubs fans pooring beer on your outfielders. You arent going to find the park located convieniently next to a large freeway. You wont find a gigantic eyesore of a gravitron in center field telling the fans when to cheer. You wont see any signs that say "take back the stadium". N Sync is not going to destroy center field. Arizona, blow me.

GO CUBS. BEAT THE FUCK OUT OF THE ARIZONA DOUCHEBACKS.

Guest OsRavan

freaking bugs. BUGS decided that game. And probably the series ::head shake:: of all the most absurd editoic weird things ive ever seen.

Im not even worried. I wanted a split in the desert, didnt get it, not the end of the world. It has been proven in LDS play that a team can come back from the 0-2 deficit. Its happened 15% of the times its been eligible to happen in LDS history.

The next two games pitching matchups are definately in the favor of the Cubbies. But I want this to come one game at a time. The bats will wake up. THE CUBS WILL WIN THE SERIES. THEY WILL. Mark my words they will.

Rich Hill will win this game tommorrow, and big Z will step in on Sunday. Then we go back to the desert on a two game swing and face Webb again. The hitters saw him 5 days previous. Hopefully we can tag him. Besides Ted Lilly will be ready to right his wrong from last night.

The Cubs are the better team. The Cubs will come back and take this series. No doom and gloom. Everybody just calm down. Jaxom, get controll of yourself. Calm down, bro. Easy partner. Just fucking relax, and get calm. There is a reason it isnt a two game series. You are getting worked up for nothing. Dont get yourself all worked up over nothing. Nothing is fucked here dude. This Cubs team always looks really bad before it explodes offensively.

Do not worry yourself over this Jaxom. Do not worry yourself Cubdom. Calm the fuck down Cubdom. All is well. Calm yourself. Just fucking relax. There are still innings on the board and outs to be made. A lot of outs to be made.

Lou. Loosen the boys up and go win a day game tommorrow. Go win a ballgame at Wrigley. Just go out there and Major League's Coach Lou says, 'throw the ball, catch the ball, hit the ball' and win a fucking game under the sun on the northside in front of about 200,000 of your closest friends. Win a fucking day game at Wrigley. Then at noon on Sunday, go do it again. You've done it all year. Go play winning baseball at wrigley field. The fans will do their part, you do yours. Make it 2-2.

Then go to the desert which in game five might as well be called Wrigley Southwest because the blue will flood that giant shitbox. In that arid hellhole of a region. Arizona can lick my johnson. Pheonix can kiss my ass. No way the Chicago loses to the Mexico at anything. You had your fun fried brianed clowns. Now you come to an actual ballpark. Now you come to a ballpark atmosphere deviod of native american tribes selling 4 ticket blocks of seats at face value one hour before gametime. Now you come to a real baseball city and play a game at a real baseball diamond. A real pure BALLPARK. Not a fucking giant shitbox. You arent going to find a resturant in center field or a FUCKING POOL in right. Instead there will be drunk Cubs fans pooring beer on your outfielders. You arent going to find the park located convieniently next to a large freeway. You wont find a gigantic eyesore of a gravitron in center field telling the fans when to cheer. You wont see any signs that say "take back the stadium". N Sync is not going to destroy center field. Arizona, blow me.

GO CUBS. BEAT THE FUCK OUT OF THE ARIZONA DOUCHEBACKS.

Great rant. :rofl:

Not going to help you much though.

I :love: the D-Backs.

And I just have to say, what the hell was up with the swarm in Cleveland? I surprised no one has come out and said the the end of the world is upon us because the Yanks are down two and lost one game because of obviously evil bugs.

freaking bugs. BUGS decided that game. And probably the series ::head shake:: of all the most absurd editoic weird things ive ever seen.

uh.....no.

bugs did NOT decide the game. The bugs were a presence for all involved. I saw A-rod strike out with a man in scoring position. Pretty big, right there.

bugs did NOT decide the game. The bugs were a presence for all involved. I saw A-rod strike out with a man in scoring position. Pretty big, right there.

OMFG!!! A K WITH RISP!!! Thats an AB with RISP!!! Get that guy off the team!!!

OMFG!!! A K WITH RISP!!! Thats an AB with RISP!!! Get that guy off the team!!!

Hah, you're just trying to get him on your team next year. Nice post above, though.

Well, Manny came off a little cocky after the game (though there's some truth to it also, he's a really good hitter), but this quote was priceless:

"I haven't been right all year," Ramirez said in his first interview of the season. "When you don't feel good and you still get hits, that's how you know you're a bad man."

This is the most insane understatement Ive ever heard.

You do know Manny's sons' name, right? (All the gramer in that sentence is correct)

Did he name all of his kids after George Foreman too?

Archived